PDA

View Full Version : Woah! I think he likes it!

Glacier
08-24-2006, 10:18 PM
When I was down south, I bought some Petcetra brand cat food for Beau--Tuna with Wild Rice and Prawn Super Elite! He likes seafood flavors and my vet says it's important Beau eat as much as possible. Plus his kidneys are doing better than first thought so he doesn't have to eat low protien stuff.

Tonight I gave him half a can. They are the same weight as Fancy Feast. Beau knocked the can out of my hand and kept trying to eat before I even go the food in his dish! He was a possessed kitty!

Then he wolfed down the entire can! Fancy Feast usually lasts him two meals. (Beau gets extra meals of canned food all day, every time he yowls at me!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/beaueats.jpg
Here he is finishing up the can! Yes, he has his own special bowl and gets to eat on the kitchen counter. No, he's not spoiled at all! The collection of bottles on the microwave is my critter pharmacy.

I've already emailed a friend who lives down south and asked her to send me more of that food. I'll pay her send me cases of it, if Beau continues to eat with such enthusiasm!

ShylanHal
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm so glad that Beau is feeling better!
And wow, eating like a cyclone! I say get him more!
I was reading about Beau's adventures (though I can't remember if I posted on it now) when they were newer, so I remember this little guy. He sounds like a sweetie, and I'm glad that he's doing okay and eating like a... like a... well, like a dog, really. XP

Catty1
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh it will be nice to see him filling out a bit.

What a handsome, beautiful boy!

Glacier
08-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh it will be nice to see him filling out a bit.

What a handsome, beautiful boy!

If you can believe he's already gained weight from when he was at his sickest! He's still so scrawny, but he's coming back!

kimlovescats
08-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Awww, that's great that Beau will eat this food so well! I hope he continues to get better and better! What a sweet boy!!! ;)

Kim

G535
08-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Isn't it lovely to see cats eating properly again after they have been unwell! :)

Laura's Babies
08-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Looks like he is licking it up as fast as he can! I'd say send for more! and MORE!

CultureJunky
08-25-2006, 03:56 AM
Well done beau, you keep eating that stuff till there's none left, and you'll soon be a big cuddly boy! The more Beau the better! ;)

orangemm
08-25-2006, 04:42 AM
Good boy, Beau! Keep on eating the good stuff!! You could use a couple of pounds ;) .

I didn't realize he was that skinny. :eek: :confused:

catmandu
08-25-2006, 06:59 PM
If that the one in the Pouches, the Found Cats like those flavors too.
Its great when you find a food that your Cat loves.
The Found Cats and I wish Beau, Bon Appetit!!!

rosethecopycat
08-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Wow, I have a Siamese version of Beau.
Malfi looks just like him, but I can't get him to gain weight.

Anyone know where I can get the Petcetra brand?

I'm so glad to see Beau enjoying his meals. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

I'm sorry I haven't kept up, but what was Beau's condition?

Glacier
08-25-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm sorry I haven't kept up, but what was Beau's condition?

He has several health problems besides just being a old kitty, the biggest is hyperthyroidism. He was way too skinny and refused to eat much at all. My vet says that in some cats rather than becoming hungier and very active, they get anorexic and lethargic. That's what happened to Beau. He has renal insufficiency as well, but it's not as bad as first feared. He had some liver problems too, but on his last set of blood work his liver was close to normal again.

Petcetra is Canadian chain of pet supply stores. Not sure if they have stores in the States.

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Yes, he has his own special bowl and gets to eat on the kitchen counter. No, he's not spoiled at all!

Are you suggesting there is something not normal about that???? :D :rolleyes: :D

rosethecopycat
08-26-2006, 06:50 AM
He has several health problems besides just being a old kitty, the biggest is hyperthyroidism. He was way too skinny and refused to eat much at all. My vet says that in some cats rather than becoming hungier and very active, they get anorexic and lethargic. That's what happened to Beau. He has renal insufficiency as well, but it's not as bad as first feared. He had some liver problems too, but on his last set of blood work his liver was close to normal again.

Petcetra is Canadian chain of pet supply stores. Not sure if they have stores in the States.

I'm glad to hear that his kidney and liver values are better.

Bon Appetit, Beau.

catnapper
08-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Well, he probably says "What took you so long to find this food?" :D

He sure looks happy muchning away on the new food -- it actually does sound yummy. Anything with prawns sound yummy! :D

momcat
08-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Way to go there, Beau! Keep on eating like that so you can get stronger and continue to get better. Actually, your new food sounds pretty good.....