PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed

sparks19
08-24-2006, 06:05 PM
So we are supposed to leave for vacation 6 am on Saturday morning. We are staying for a week and coming home next Saturday. it is going to be Brian and I, My dad, My younger brother, my sister (whom I do NOT get along with what so ever, long story) and her fiance. then on the long weekend my brother and his wife and their three kids are coming. they are coming Friday night and we are leaving Saturday.

this trip has been planned for months and Teddy has always been a welcome part of it. Suddenly my sisters mother (my dads first wife) calls up dad yesterday and tells him that Teddy shouldn't go because my youngest neice and youngest nephew are afraid of big dogs. So my dad emails me to ask if it would be ok if I left him home so the kids wouldn't be scared. I am not angry at him whatsoever. I know all he wants is for the kids to enjoy themselves and so do I.

HOWEVER, Why does my sisters mother suddenly feel the need to express her "concern" NOTE: this is AFTER my sister already tried to scare me out of coming on vacation because I might not get back in the States

Like I said this trip has been planned for months and it has been plain knowledge that Teddy was going. My dad was all excited about Teddy coming because he hasn't seem him in 3 months. Why would she wait until almost the day before we leave to say Teddy shouldn't go? She never knew before that her grandkids might be afraid of big dogs?

Secondly, Spencer and Madi have MET Teddy before, multiple times. they are nervous at first because they haven't been around many large dogs but they quickly warm up to him. and it's not like I am just gonna let him run around like a maniac even though he is great with kids.

i don't know what to do. I emailed my dad back and said that I didn't know what we could do because there is no way we can afford to go on vacation AND put Teddy in a kennel for a week. not to mention the short notice the kennels are probably already booked, at least for labour day weekend. We are new here so we don't know anyone that could look after him for a whole week.

I told my dad that if it was a problem we could leave Friday before the kids get there.

i don't know what else to suggest. If Teddy doesn't go we don't go.

it just annoys me that my sister and her mother are like this. this kind of stuff happens all the time. I am so glad I am 8 hours away from them and only have to deal with them during "family" events.

Sorry it was so long, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Vela
08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, not that you asked for my opinion, but they had plenty of time to decide this and since you already have plans, I would just stick to them. Don't alter them to please someone else. If they had a problem with it they should have talked to you sooner. That was a fairly rude thing to do right before the vacation and since they are only going to be there for one night and part of a day, with you and Teddy, I'd just do what you originally had planned and try to enjoy it in spite of their suggestion not to bring him.

sparks19
08-24-2006, 09:53 PM
thank you Vela. We have decided that is what we are going to do. Either we go with him or we don't go at all. I emailed my brother to ask if it really was a problem or if it was just his mom being herself. I haven't heard back from him yet but I imagine he won't have a problem with it.

I_luv_rusty
08-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I think you should just stick with orginal plans. You shouldn't alter your plans to please others. Like Vela said. I'd just bring Teddy....He was suppouse to go in the first place so he should get to go. As long as you keep a close eye on Teddy I'm sure they'll be fine. If they have met him before then i'm sure they'll be less scared of him.

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Boy!! Can I ever relate to this. This is how my family handles everything. I plan and plan and make sure everything is right. At the last moment, they always throw a loop in every plan there is. Have a wonderful vacation with Teddy along!! :)