PDA

View Full Version : Need some good thoughts!

pnance
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I interviewed for a different position within the company I now work for last week, so I really need some good wishes. Long story short I started my current job about 7 months ago. When I interviewed it sounded great and I left a good job I'd had for about 8 years. Turns out this one is a nightmare, not the work but the manager. In less than 4 months she's lost 3 people and there are only 5 total to begin with, 6 counting her. I won't go into details (way to long a story) but suffice it to say I am seriously going to lose it soon if I don't get out so some good wishes would be welcome.

JenBKR
08-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Lots of prayers and good wishes coming your way! Good luck, keep us posted!

davidpizzica
08-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Here are a lot of good thoughts and wishes coming your way from Pittsburgh!

Jadapit
08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way!

lizbud
08-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Good vibes & paryers too for you to be free of that manager.My sister
once told me (half jokingly) to never pray for patience as you never know
when God might send your way to test you.LOL But in this case I would
try it anyway. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Good luck!! I hope you get it!

Edwina's Secretary
08-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Sending you positive thoughts.....did you send a thank you email to the manager who interviewed you saying why you would be the best person for the job? (I was told this week by my sister I am not suppose to give advice...just can't help it! :rolleyes: )

Best of wishes....

Soapets
08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that everything goes well for you...........

Deb

zippy-kat
08-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Best of luck to you!

shais_mom
08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
on the way Tricia!
let us know how it goes!

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 12:21 AM
I am rooting for you pnance!!!! All the way from Michigan!!!
I sincerely hope and pray that you get that *NEW* position!!!!

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

gini
08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Tricia, lots of good wishes coming from me too. It is miserable to work with people you don't like or respect.

slick
08-25-2006, 10:48 AM
So sorry Tricia but I'm just seeing this now. All the best and think positive, kid. You WILL get this job. You ARE the best candidate for this position. They would be fools not to hire you. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out. Will you ever have to see/communicate with your old boss in this new position?

pnance
08-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks everyone for all the good wishes they're definately working!
.....I received a phone call from the Director today. She said everyone liked me and I'm the front runner, they just have a few structuring things to get in place (been really crazy there this week)and the lead for the project is on vacation so they can't make me a formal offer yet. She said hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week if things go well. I'm trying not to totally get my hopes up...until I actually have that offer in hand anything could go wrong. I keep joking before this is over your going to find me rocking in a corner under the desk pulling my hair out,since I've been so stressed out this week waiting for the phone to ring and dodging my current manager.... :eek:

Sara, hey ignore your sister, I usually do...I noticed my sister and I started to get along much better after I did.... ;) In answer no I didn't, I didn't think it was appropriate since it's internal, maybe I'm wrong here?

Slick, it's doubtful, thankfully. Part of the requirement before they'll setup an interview is I have to tell my current manager.....that went well (not!) and has been a nightmare since so I don't think working with her would work. You'd think she'd be thrilled just to get rid of me, but I'm guessing she'll have to do some explaining if she loses a 4th person in about 4 months.

Thanks again everyone!!

RICHARD
08-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Hang in.

Don't worry about things and they work out.

You did your best and it's up to fate

Good luck

Edwina's Secretary
08-26-2006, 11:07 AM
In answer no I didn't, I didn't think it was appropriate since it's internal, maybe I'm wrong here?

A quick email "thanks" is always good.....makes you stand out from the competition...

Which I am sure you already did!

pnance
09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I got it!!! I just got a phone call from HR offereing me the position!!

shais_mom
09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
awesome!

RICHARD
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I got it!!! I just got a phone call from HR offereing me the position!!

See, what did we tell you? ;)

Logan
09-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Congratulations!!!!! :)

Karen
09-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Yay! Congratulations!

gini
09-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Aw, Tricia.........a huge CONGRATULATIONS!

lizbud
09-06-2006, 04:31 PM
That's great. :D I can hear your big sigh from here.Whew :)

pnance
09-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone!! I am so excited!! :D :D It was a major relief to get that phone call. I then received a call from the director and they want me for training next week 2 days and a meeting tomorrow (all the big wigs are in town). I told my current manager this afternoon and she didn't take it well to put it mildly. I'm guessing she'll make the next few weeks as difficult as possible but at least there's an end. Not sure on my exact start date yet beyond the 2 training days. It's now between my manager and the director of the other department to work it out and let me know. I'm hoping sooner than later but I'm guessing it will be at least 3 weeks before she'll agree to let me change. Thanks again!!!

Edwina's Secretary
09-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Congratulations!

gini
09-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Here's hoping that they have a desparate need for you IMMEDIATELY in the new department.

Never burn bridges - never look back :D :D

RICHARD
09-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone!! I am so excited!!

Well, since we helped you out how's about a cartwheel, or something? :eek:

pnance
09-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Well, since we helped you out how's about a cartwheel, or something? :eek:

A cartwheel would definately be entertainment for everyone else......considering I have absolutely no coordination it could also be dangerous ;)

gini
09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
What a guy - only Richard would ask you to do a cartwheel!! :D :D

Come on over to Thursdays and we will celebrate your new, well deserved job.