PDA

View Full Version : Fozzie's Getting Neutered..

bckrazy
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I brought my little boy in this morning, to get neutered. =( I am way more worried & sad than I expected. He still seems like such a puppy to me. He weighed 27 lbs today!! But he's very small & compact, and I can still carry him around under one arm. I had to wake him up (as he usually sleeps in until around 10... he had to wake up at 7) and he got all excited thinking we were going to the park. He was still really happy to greet everyone at the Vet's, but I'm sure he is really missing us right now. Gonzo wouldn't eat his goose, which is one of his favorites :( and he's all mopey without his little buddy.

One big upside is that he's being neutered by our new Vet, who is like 2 miles from our house and is a w e s o m e. Our other Vet was 30 minutes away, and we haven't even seen our Vet for the last 3 visits, they just gave us random Vets that we didn't know. I am really glad that I switched. His new Vet is sooo nice, he's young & he graduated from UC Davis a few years ago, and he actually cares enough to talk about everything in detail over the phone and at the office. He also supports us feeding Raw! When I walked in, I was so excited, because they have a room full of... not SD or Eukanuba... Wellness, Innova, Evo, natural supplements/medicines and a freezer full of pre-made Raw! Yes, that made it a little bit easier. My sister used to take her Chi mix to this place (not this particular Vet) and she really loved them. They also, suprisingly, charge way less for just a check-up than our old Vets. When their popularity increased, they changed check-ups from $20 to almost $40, which I felt pretty annoyed by. Not to mention we waited forever there, while we didn't wait at all here. I'm super happy that I switched!

But, I'm still incredibly worried, of course. Even though I know there is very minimal chances of anything happening during the surgery, I am so stressed out about what I'm going to do. I have to keep Fozzie quiet for a few days because of the stitches, and I have to keep Gonzo very quiet because of his toe. -_- I literally have to keep 2 very active dogs senditary, and I hate it. Gonzo is already breaking my heart - he was bringing all of his toys, his frizbee, and his balls to me, and I had to put them all away. I have to keep Fozzie from playing with Gonzo, now I have to keep both of them from playing at all. It just sucks. I'm going to get some really good stuff from the butcher today, to give to Fozzie once he's ok to eat... rabbit & maybe a pig head! =P hopefully that'll cheer them up a little bit.

We pick him up tomorrow morning. I have to go 24 hours without my little munchkin! Ugha. Hopefully I will be able to handle keeping them both quiet, please wish me luck and give me some pointers! I'll post pics once he is feeling better. ;)

Jadapit
08-24-2006, 03:15 PM
(((Hugs))) I know how you feel, I was a nervous wreck when my girls were spayed. They all did great, so will Fozzie. Wow, keeping two active dogs quiet will be hard. I dont have any tips for you wish I did. ;) I do wish you lots of luck.

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
{{{{{HUGS FOR FOZZIE AND MOM}}}}} :) I feel your pain. I know how much you miss him but he'll be back soon and ok!! Both of you be strong!!

bckrazy
08-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks so much, you two. =) I'm kind of ridiculously nervous, mostly about post-surgery care, right now!

The Vet just called, he is such a nice person. He told me that they just put him under, and that he has 3 loose teeth and I told them to go ahead and pull them. And he commented on how sweet & adorable the little kiddo is :D

caseysmom
08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh poor Fozzie...he is getting fixed and he didn't even realize he was broken :D

Seriously Erica he will be fine, Bubba was playing the night of his surgery like nothing happened.

Jadapit
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Isn't it wonderful having a vet like that? I love and trust my vet so much. He's truly in it for the love of animals, not the money. Your vets right, Fozzie is sweet and adorable. I had the worst stomach ache when my dogs were being spayed. I think its harder on us moms than the fur kids. ;)

GreyhoundGirl
08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Yup, I'm quite glad Jenny wasn't in my life when she was spayed. ( it saved me lots of worry ! )

HUGS, ( and who wouldn't comment on how adorable Fozzie is?!?! ;) )

zoomer
08-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Aww, hugs to you two :)

I'm sorry you have to keep those two from playing, I can feel you pain.

k9krazee
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow, your vet sounds wonderful, I wish we had one like that around here.

Good thoughts sent to the Fozzer, but I'm sure he'll be fine!! I'm excited to see more pictures (we need some of the Gonz too), I can't get enough of him!

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2006, 09:42 PM
What a wonderful vet!! He's completely correct..Fozzie is a sweet, adorable little kiddo for sure. I can imagine that everyone at the vet's office has fallen in love with him. I know we here at PT sure have ;)
{{{{{MORE HUGS}}}}}

luvofallhorses
08-24-2006, 09:46 PM
everything will go fine! :) ((reassured hugs))

cyber-sibes
08-24-2006, 10:39 PM
ah, poor babies! Fozzie will be fine, your vet sounds wonderful. Gonzie will have his little bro back soon. They can recoup together! I must have missed something - what happened to Gonzie's toe? (((hugs))) & belly rubs to Gonzie & Fozzie, I love those guys!

BC_MoM
08-24-2006, 10:45 PM
I know how you feel. I was a nervous wreck when Molly went to get spayed, too. We had to sign a contract at the pound to have her spayed at the humane society, who has a horrible subsidized spay and neuter program ($20).

My worrying was called for it turns out. 4 months after her spaying, she had an infection from dirty sutures, and she has just gotten over a false pregnancy. Turns out she wasn't completely spayed. :mad:

wolf_Q
08-24-2006, 10:56 PM
I hope everything goes well with Fozzie's surgery. I'm sure it will! :) I didn't know anything happened to Gonzo's toe, poor guy, I hope he will get feeling better too. New pics of them both are required! ;)

dab_20
08-24-2006, 11:00 PM
I understand how you feel. I was so worried about my two when they got fixed. I'm sure he'll be fine and I hope he'll have a good recovery!

I didn't hear about Gonzo. I hope his little toe feels better!

bckrazy
08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
thanks for all of the nice comments :)

They called me tonight before closing and said that Fozzie is doing well and coming out of anesthesia without signs of being sick from it. I can't wait to pick him up tomorrow!!!1 LOL, I'm nervous about how stoked Fozzie will be to see us & Gonzo tomorrow, he will probably be all over the place and I'm worried about him hurting himself. I dunno if they'll recooperate together, if anything I will have to keep them apart, because they play a LOT. He's getting dissolvable stitches, thankfully.

Gonzo's owie thread is in Dog Health. =/ He somehow caught his nail while playing, and partially ripped that out as well as fracturing the toe. He hasn't been able to run & play or do Flyball since last week, and it has been r e a l l y rough! He's supposed to stay quiet for another 3-7 days.

Iilo
08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Keeping him quiet should not be too hard.

Rien was coming off of a bad anaesthesia buzz when we picked him up from being Neutered (twas a capitol event for all involved, since it was an invasive surgery to remove one of his testicles from his belly).

Fozzie should *probably* should still be coming out of it all, and will be excited to see you but also too lazy to do much about it. ;) They should also give you some NSAIDs for pain, or maybe that's just if you ask. My mom said her invasive surgery was painful so she wanted to make sure Rien got some quality pain killers.

Good luck keeping them both from being too active! Rien halted his activity on his own and started being active when he felt better. Hopefully you'll be just as lucky with Fozzie.

CathyBogart
08-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Aww, we can't wait for you to me home and recovered Fozz! :) Feel better soon!

Lori Jordan
08-25-2006, 06:14 AM
I know how you feel Stormy is in next week,But i will be away from him for 2 days,I drop him off Monday morning and pick him up Wenesday at 5,I'm going to be going stir crazy,But i know he is in good hands!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Hugs to brave Fozzie. When Tobey came home it was all he could do to lick our hands - he just slept the day away.............

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Glad to hear the little guy is doing well!! Gonzo will be elated to be reunited with his little brother. I hope you're getting better Gonzo! Kisses to both of you. You guys be careful when you see each other so neither of you will get injured again! ;) This reminds me of my son telling his two Aussies to be calm around each other after the youngest one was neutered three weeks ago :rolleyes: Good luck Mom!! :)

dappledoxie
08-25-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm glad he's doing well, I can't wait to see pics of him. I hope he has a quick recovery and that you don't have too much trouble keeping them quite. :)

bckrazy
08-25-2006, 02:46 PM
=) Fozzie is home! He only seems slightly less happy & excited than usual, he and Gonzo started playing the second he got in the door... which I had to stop. Hopefully he will nap most of the day, but he's still his silly little self at this point, and the first thing he demanded when he got home was some food! His appetite obviously isn't affected.

I will post some pics later today! I promise, I will! His "area" looks nice & clean and it isn't red at all, although it's pretty swollen. I will refrain from posting post-surgery pics :p hehe.

CathyBogart
08-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Yay! Welcome home Fozzie!

cloverfdx
08-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear Fozzie is home and recovering :D. Poor Gonzie :(, that sounds painful... heres to a quick recovery for both boys.

wolfsoul
08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Glad to hear Fozzie is home and well! :) That's cool that you have a new vet you like, I really like my vet too.