PDA

View Full Version : LOL -- I'm an idiot!

catnapper
08-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I had a HUGE migraine yesterday. HUGE. I took one migraine pill in the morning and it knocked out the migraine but I felt it returning in the evening. The pills are kept on top of the microwave in the kitchen, so I grabbed the whole bottle and retreated upstairs. I took one and waited all night for it to kick in. It never did. So I finally fell asleep around 1:00 AM with an ice pack wrapped around my head hoping I'd wake up feeling better. I did.... I feel great this morning!

So, here I am awake and feeling great. I walked out into the kitchen to take my morning allergy pill. The allgery meds are also kept on top of the microwave. Where are the pills? I only saw daily vitamins and migraine pills. I practically fell on the floor laughing when the realization hit that last night's "Migraine pill" was actually an allergy pill! LOLOLOLOLOL no wonder it never kicked in! LOLOLOLOL And I'm actually GLAD it didn't kick in because that would have meant my migraine was self-inflicted. LOLOLOLOLOL

Anyhow, I'm still having a fit of giggles over this -- a mich needed laugh I tell you!!!

Anyone else do stupid stuff like this? Like maybe putting milk in the cabinet and cereal in the fridge? I'm sure I can't be the only one who grabbed the wrong thing not noticing. :p

cyber-sibes
08-24-2006, 08:22 AM
LOL! Well I'm glad it isn't just me. You'll love this one...I keep my daily meds on to of the microwave too. Star needed to take pills for 10 days for something, don't even remember what. I set our pills out, so I wouldn't forget. took mine. Later, I went back to get hers and it was gone -- yup, I took hers by mistake! Oh yes, I felt like an idiot! My colleagues at work were ROTFLTAO when I told them about it. :rolleyes:

moosmom
08-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Kim,

Stand in line, girl. I've done MANY things that baffle the whitecoats. Like what you ask??? One time I put a can of spot carpet cleaner in the fridge. Another time I was preparing a quick meal from Wendy's. I put sour cream on my salad and croutons and dressing on my potato. :eek:

Ah, the mind is a terrible thing.

Pam
08-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh Kim I can relate!! Years ago one of my poodles needed to take Phenobarb for seizures. I had her daily pill bottle on the counter and also my vitamin bottle right next to it. I was in a hurry getting ready to drive to the shore (50 mile trip) to visit with my mom. I opened both bottles and proceeded to take the Phenobarb myself! The power of the mind is a funny thing. Almost immediately I felt like I was having *effects* from the Phenobarb. I didn't even know if I was safe to drive! LOL! I thought for a minute and then called Poison Control. I thought I detected sort of a chuckle on the other end of the phone. Her comment was something like this....."Mam, how much does your poodle weigh?" I said "probably about 18 lbs." She then said "Well I am assuming you weigh considerably more than 18 lbs." :) I got the message! LOL! I bet those people could write a book. :D

Laura's Babies
08-24-2006, 08:57 AM
I spent a hour searching for my dish rag in the galley, even searched the garbage can about 3 times. I would have believeed it was one of the guys playing a trick on me but none had been in. I finally gave up and got another one. Shortly, I went to get something out of the fridge and.... you guessed it, opened the fridge and there was my dishrag.

pitc9
08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
LOL!! How funny!

Once my friend was on her way out the door for a day on the lake and took her motion sickness pill and wondered why this was the first time it didn't help.
When she got home she realized that she had taken her dog's tranquilizer!

Just this morning I poured myself a glass of orange juice then proceeded to put the carton of OJ in the cupboard that I had just taken my glass out of!

GreyhoundGirl
08-24-2006, 09:17 AM
My family has the " casual" gravy container. A glass. On thanksgiving, I drank a glass of gravy by accident- I had to practically reach over my milk to get to it.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm sure I've done plenty of things like that. Three things that Justin has done came to mind though. Once Justin put the bottle of Ranch dressing under the sink rather than in the fridge.

Another time he put foil in the microwave and walked away. When he came back there was a fire in the microwave. I wasn't home when it happened. When I got home I walked into a smoked filled house, I saw ashes in the sink and the kitchen was a mess. Where was Justin? He was sitting in the bedroom eating on the bed. The inside of the microwave melted a little and was scorched black.

The worst thing though was one morning (I'd already gone to work) Justin was going to let Izzy, our iguana, swim in the bathtub before he left for work. He turned the water on and left the bathroom. He forgot about it and left for work, that was around 7:30. I came home around 12:30 and walked into our bedroom and my feet sank into the carpet. I opened the door to the bathroom and there was about 6 inches of water on the floor. The bedroom carpet was totally soaked. I got the carpet cleaner out and sucked up as much water as I could (I spent about 10 hours on it), but the carpet was completely destroyed.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-24-2006, 09:26 AM
My family has the " casual" gravy container. A glass. On thanksgiving, I drank a glass of gravy by accident- I had to practically reach over my milk to get to it.
That reminds me of another Justin story. We were at his parents house and his mom had a cup of bacon greese on the counter. Justin set his cup of tea on the counter and when he went back to pick it up he grabbed the bacon greese instead and he took a sip. YUCK!

I also remember a story from work that I will never live down. I was taking a reservation for a cat and I made the reservation for a cat named "Big Ol' Wolf" when the cat came in I found out his name was in fact not "Big Ol' Wolf" it was "Bigglesworth". That was a few years ago and I'm still hearing about it.

kuhio98
08-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Anyone else do stupid stuff like this? Like maybe putting milk in the cabinet and cereal in the fridge? I'm sure I can't be the only one who grabbed the wrong thing not noticing. :p :o Umm, do you mean stuff like, drink your contacts and try to put Alka Selzer tablets in your eyes?
:o Try to turn on the lights during a power outage so I can find a candle?
:o Licking the "chocolate icing" off your finger only to find that it was cat food? Stuff like that?
Err, no. I've never done anything like that. :D

Argranade
08-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Oh im an Idiot and always shall be one :D

I have put my cearal & milk in the cabnit a couple of times and whenever my mom asks me to bring me somthing it can be COMPLETLY the wrong thing like.....

My mom says ''Christina bring me a towl'' I bring her a spoon I have no idea how that happend another time...
''Christina can you please get me the sizzors'' I bring her a bag.

Ahhh...stupidity I realy can have it bad. :o

smokey the elder
08-24-2006, 10:21 AM
This is why you're not allowed to have food in the lab! :eek:

shais_mom
08-24-2006, 10:48 AM
hmm that sounds familiar
I went to bed with a migraine and an ice pack wrapped around my head too last nite too.
Sometimes if I take a benedry it helps with my nausea - the ER docs usually give migraine patients benedryl to help make the pain meds work better.
I was going to get up and take a benedryl last nite but every time I moved nausea overwhelmed me and I couldn't get up.
glad you are feeling better too!

Logan
08-24-2006, 11:57 AM
I am chuckling at all of your adventures.

Kim, just last week, I got up around 5:30 am to let Butter outside (he was banging on the blinds). I had cramps and thought I should go ahead and take some Ibuprophen so that by the time the alarm went off, I would feel better. I didn't turn on the light. I just grabbed the bottle, which was on my nightstand and swallowed 3. When I got up, after hitting the snooze button, at least 3 times, my head was so heavy and I could hardly hold it up. I felt like I had been doped. I fed the dogs, got my shower, etc, then it hit me like a ton of bricks as I was still so groggy and heavy feeling. OMG! :eek: I went back to my room and sure enough, there were two medicine bottles on my nightstand. One was Ibuprophen and one was Benadryl. I took 3 Benadryl, not 3 Ibuprophen! I was a goner that whole day! One Benadryl puts me to sleep. 3 puts me under (I now know :o ). Hope that makes you feel better! LOL!!!

Logan

Husky_mom
08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
ok.........where do I start.............hmmmm

this actualy didn´t happened to me but a friend of my hubby LOL

they were on vacation or something and wet to a sams or walmart to buy something to eat as they were starving, so they grabbed some canned tuna, and as they were eating it they were like "wow this is some great tuna!!, what brand is it??, we need to get more........." they look at the can and it was something like.......TUNA............CAT!!!!.............tha y just have eaten cat food LOL LOL

this one happened to a lady in my ceramics class (we painted ceramic figurines)

this lady HAD to have a coffee while she painted at any time, and to mae things "worse" (but normal) we had a glass where we rinsed our brushes.......so between the painting and the talking and all of that she just sipped the dirty-brush-ful-of-paint-water !!!!.............instead of her coffee, but she couldn´t have that either cause she rinsed her brushed in it!!!......LOL

RedHedd
08-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah - been there, done that. I blame those incidents on my estrogen-free brain. Like the time I had to go hunting for the coffee. I keep it in the freezer and KNOW I had put it back the day before, but no .... somehow I had gotten distracted by something and had left it on the chest in the living room. The next morning I "hunted" for about 20 minutes before I saw it in the living room - strange that I hadn't noticed all day the day before. The mind is a terrible thing .... :rolleyes:

Logan
08-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I failed to mention this past weekend's idiot moment...........

Scott, Helen and Helen's boyfriend made a run to the store for ice cream, after dinner, on Friday night. I put in my request, ate a little bit, and stored it away for later. Well, on Saturday, I discovered that I stored it in the refrigerator, not the freezer! :o

So long, Ben and Jerry's Butter Pecan!!!! :o

Catty1
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
This one bit of stupidity lasted for YEARS - and it was me!

I had a pair of denim culottes that I just loved. They zipped up the back, and I could only wear them when I was VERY VERY slim(which did happen on occasion LOL).

Having been travelling away from my parents for some time, I was visiting them, wearing my fave culottes, and telling mom about the fitting difficulties. Of course, after 5 years or so, they were in great shape because I hardly even wore them.

After a bit of conversation....and trying them on a different way...I found that yes, indeed - you guessed it, dear readers - I had been wearing them BACKWARDS all that time!

*dopeslap up the side of the head*

Husky_mom
08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I had been wearing them BACKWARDS all that time!

ROFLMAO!!!! ................oh my............LOL............LOL........LOL....... ..still LOL........

thats a good one!!!

Prairie Purrs
08-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Once I bought some ginkgo biloba (the stuff that's supposed to help one's memory) at the grocery store. But I forgot and left it in the shopping cart. :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
08-24-2006, 03:18 PM
ROTFLOL

OK, this thread is TOO much!!!! :D

And I would gladly recall all MY idiot moments................if I could actually REMEMBER them. :rolleyes:

MomToThree
08-24-2006, 06:08 PM
My most recent one, I put my car keys in the freezer. I wanted some ice cream when I got home and put my keys in and never got the ice cream out.... :(

My brother in law last year... We went up to the campground like we always do every weekend. We brought treats for Gracie along with us. We put the bag of treats on the counter in the camper. My brother in law walks out of the camper eat. We all ask what he was eating. He said he was eating the cooking out of the bag of cookies we brought. We asked what cookies? He went and got the bag and we all started laughing. He didn't realize they were dog treats. I asked him if he even thought about the way they were shaped. He said he just thought it was a new design or something.

For him birthday, hubby and I bought him his own giant size bag of them. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
08-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I've had lots of idiot moments!

A few years ago I was in the process of moving out of an apartment. I had another place to live already where I was staying, so I decided to be smart and save energy. I did this by turning off the refridgerator while there was still stuff in the freezer!! I don't know how I overlooked it, but the next day everything was melted and the fridge smelled awful. It took me a long time to clean it out, and we lost all of our frozen goods. :o

When I was a custodian at the hospital I sometimes cleaned in L & D. They have huge whirlpool tubs that needed the jets cleaned. I sprayed them down and put them in the sink and let them soak in water. I forgot and left the sink running with it plugged up, and I didn't notice that there was water everywhere until the whole bathroom floor was covered and it was coming into the room. :o I had to move the couch and it took me sooooo many mops and towels to wipe it up.

Suki Wingy
08-24-2006, 08:52 PM
the only thing I can remember is putting the cheese in the pantry and the crackers in the fridge, my dad was SO mad at me!

Cincy'sMom
08-24-2006, 08:56 PM
A few years ago, I got home from the grocery store and after bringing the groceries in, couldnot find my purse anywhere. Luckily, a cop found it in the shopping cart and took it in to customer service....

A few months ago Ralph couldn't find his car keys, so I gave him mine. Finally we found them the next day...still in the front door!! (we generally use the back) Glad no one opened the screen door, cause they could have come right in, or taken off with the car!!

Sevaede
08-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Hehe, oh my.

A couple of years ago, I went with my friend and her grandmother to the hospital that she (the grandmother) worked at to pick up a prescription. We had been there for quite some time already when I had the urge to tinkle. So, Nicky showed me where the bathrooms were and stuck around. I put down one of those seat covers, did my business, washed my hands, and left. As we were walking towards the area where her grandmother was, I had noticed a man sitting next to a woman and the man was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall out of his chair! The woman nudged him HARD then came up to me and said, "The back of your pants...." I reached around and there was the TOILET SEAT COVER hanging out like coat tails! I was mortified but just went about my day. :p

wolf_Q
08-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Don't ask me why I'm telling this story...the infamous chalk story I will never live down. :rolleyes:

(This happened years ago) I had a bag of those after dinner/pillow mints on a dresser by my bed. For some reason in the middle of the night I had a craving for the mints, so I reached over to grab some. One of them dropped on the floor under my bed. I reached down and picked up what I *thought* was the mint, and ate it. I do remember it tasting nasty but I was half asleep at the time, I didn't think much of it and went back to sleep. In the morning I happened to notice some pieces of chalk under my bed...yes, I ate chalk. :o

Husky_mom
08-25-2006, 11:10 AM
well, I just remembered another one and another one just happened this morning not so funny though.......

as I was showering, (I use shampoo and conditioner, cause my hair would get ugly if i didnt) I rinsed off the shampoo adn told myself now I have extra time t let conditioner a bit longer and I apllied it and feel a bit of foam forming up......and I was like, oh man I left some shampoo.........NOT!!......I reapplied shampoo!!.............

and another thing that has ocurred several times LOL.........as getting inside the car I put a glass of whatever I´m drinking (soda, lemonade,etc , as I dont do alcohol) on top of the car, just to get te door open, but then I get in, leave the glass on top and drive off............and yes liquid gets spattered everywhere..........once i left a plate with food I was going to eat.........needless to say I starved that morning.........LOL

Jadapit
08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
I can be a real idiot myself at times.

I was coloring my hair one time, I mixed up the color put in on my hair and set the timer. When the time was up I looked in the mirror my hair didn’t look like it had changed color at all. I wasn’t happy. I got in the shower to rinse it out. I went to put the conditioner in my hair that comes with the hair color. Thank God I noticed this before I put it in my hair!!

Yep, ding-dong me had added the conditioner to the color bottle instead of the color solution. :rolleyes:

kuhio98
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Now, this didn't happen to me (sure, sure, that's what they all say). But, really, it wasn't me, I'm ratting out a friend.

She was having a very fancy schmancy dinner party for her husband's boss and friends. In order to make a good impression, she had cleaned the house from top to bottom. She had it spic and span and intended it to stay that way. She put out the best towels in the guest bathroom and in order to keep the kids from messing it up, stuck post-it notes on them that said "If you touch this towel, I will kill you!"

Dinner party was a great success, she's thinking what a wonderful wife she is. Her husband is going to get that big promotion. She did her part! They are a good team!

You guessed it. Long after dinner was over and she was congratulating herself on how things had gone, she realized that she had forgotten to take down the post-it. :eek: On the plus side, her guests had not touched the towels. :p

luvofallhorses
08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
I almost put the cats' dry food in the fridge once. :o