PDA

View Full Version : The situation has become unbearable

ILoveReptiles
08-24-2006, 07:50 AM
I know I've complained about my workplace before. The situation here has gotten intolerable. I am at the end of my rope.

My "team leader" (not technically my boss) self-promoted himself to be my manager, and yet somehow he got away with it because upper management doesn't seem to really give a rip.

He's rude, he's obnoxious, he has no moral fiber or integrity. He's got no tact, no class. He's sexist, he's a bigot, he's a total fundie who is constantly preaching about something. If it's not religion, it's this crazy anti-fungal diet he's trying to cram down everyone's throat.

He's a bloated self-important moron who thinks he knows everything, when in reality he knows absolutely nothing.

I've gotten to the point where just hearing his voice sends me into a rage. I want to go over and just take him by the neck and crush. It takes all my self-control not to just lose it and do something I might regret.

One of my friends here at work recently lost her daughter (28) to a massive brain aneuryism. He went to the wake. He knew she was taking the herbal supplements that he preached to her about for days, just like he preached to everyone else here and pretty much shoved the idea down everyone's throat.

The day after the wake, I came in and he was chatting with another friend of mine. He beckoned me over, and then said to both of us: "I was going to tell XYZ (the deceased girl's mother) at the wake, 'Gee - I guess the herbal supplements didn't work. Ha ha.'

:eek:

That tore it. I hated him before that, and I loathe him now. I can't stand the sight of him, he makes me want to vomit. I have GOT to get out of this job. He's a sorry excuse for a human being, and I just want him to go away. Get OUT of my life - FOREVER.

Karen
08-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Is there any one above him, or several someones, that you could talk to?

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I think I would take him to one side and tell him exactly what I think......just before I leave!

IRescue452
08-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Oh I wouldn't take him to one side, I'd tell him like it is loud and proud in front of everybody and then walk out.

JenBKR
08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Wow what a piece of work! I agree it's in your best interest to get away from this wacko. Are you planning to look for another job or try to discuss the situation with management first?

moosmom
08-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I worked with a guy who crammed Nonie Juice down everyone's throat. I bought a bottle (at $30 a clip) and found later to be the biggest waste of money. It did nothing but line his pockets.

As far as his tact and class go, I'd talk to the higher ups. Peddling herbal supplements on company time could possibly a no-no. Might want to find out what the policy is.

As far as his tact with that poor woman who lost her child, what a pathetic piece of garbage he is!! Even mentioning what he'd would've like to have said shows how much class he is lacking (um, like he has no class).

ILoveReptiles
08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Actually, what's really sad is, the higher ups don't care. They don't care at all.

Luckily, I have another job that's pretty much going to be mine. Just 1 more interview. I blew them away in the first round. I found out about it from my boyfriend's best friend, and he used to work there.

It's a big pay cut, but my sanity is worth it.

Laura's Babies
08-24-2006, 09:18 AM
We had a guy that promoted what a great guy and worker he was constantly to our Captain when he was the laziest person I ever met and made a mess every job he did. He was the biggest con I ever met.

But one day, he did something that opened the Captains eyes and shattered that "Mr. Perfect" image.. I never did find out exactly what it was he did but he fell out of favor and was not allowed to come back..... They do get their due so just hang in there so you can see it happen, then you can laugh right in his face.

ILoveReptiles
08-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Well I would rather stick a red hot poker in my eyeball than wait it out here for him to get what's coming to him.

I'm out of this place just as soon as I get another job. They're lucky I'm even going to give them 2 weeks notice, given how much I hate this place.

ILoveReptiles
08-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Is there any one above him, or several someones, that you could talk to?

To answer your question simply; No. Unfortunately there isn't anyone higher up that really cares one way or another.

My only option is to leave. Which I will do once I get another job.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-24-2006, 06:10 PM
That's really horrifying. I seems like there are a lot of wackos in positions of power. I hope you get that other job!

Blue_Frog
08-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Good luck with the interview -- hopefully you get into a better place - even at a pay cut - because its definately worth the sanity! :D

I know what its like to go from working for a bunch of tools to moving to a company where people are good, and the management has a clue -- it makes a huge difference! Ive found that a lot of people get promoted based on how well they can kiss up to the management - which really says a lot about the upper management (ie. are they looking for good, compentent managers to do the job, or kissups who they can control, and who wont stand up for the staff).

It probabally won't make much of a difference, but once you have the new job, try to get an exit interview with your HR department, and tell them how you really feel about this guy (management style, his work performance, how he deals with the team, etc.). Hopefully the more people that leave the company because of this guy, maybe they will start taking a good look at his performance and management abilities.

ILoveReptiles
08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
I've made a decision about my current awful job. I am going to wait to hear about the job at the other company I applied to until 09/11/2006 (how ironic is this?), and if I get it, I'll give my notice as soon as I know.

If I don't get it, I'm going to go back to freelancing, and give my 2-week notice on 9/11/2006. I've wanted to get my freelance business back in the game for a while anyway. I'll advertise in the local papers, hit the street and talk to local businesses, and make ends meet that way.

I can take no more of this, and I don't deserve to be this unhappy.

Even if it doesn't work out, I can still find another job and just tell them the truth - I went back to freelancing, and things didn't pan out - I wasn't making enough money so I need to get a full time job.

I have 100% support from my boyfriend on this. He's been nagging at me to quit and just go solo for a while, since he sees how unhappy I am on a daily basis, and he's really worried about me.

Either way, the longest I will stay in this dump of a sweatshop is until 09/22/2006.

ILoveReptiles
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I fully intend to tell HR that they have a huge potential lawsuit sitting in the chair across the wall from me.

I feel I'd only be doing them a favor in making them aware of it. Not everyone is as against lawsuits as I am. A chiropractor totally wrecked me once, and I didn't sue him. Sooner or later, someone is going to get wickedly angry at one of his racist or sexist remarks, and they'll have a huge mess on their hands.