PDA

View Full Version : I can only post this here (rambles a bit - sorry)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Something really exciting happened yesterday but I can only share it with you - others just simply wouldn't understand...............

As you know my Dad died last year from Parkinson's and I miss him like mad :( However, I still chat to him every so often and say that if he wants to "pop" back at any time I'd be happy to see him.

When he was first hospitalised a lot of the things he said made no sense to us but he was convinced that at one time in his life he had done something really bad. On Tuesday night I had a very vivid dream (I don't want to go into detail but suffice to say I think he was trying to tell me what it was). My role in the dream was to get him home where he could be questioned by the police - very disturbing. Anyway, when I woke up I couldn't get this dream out of my head so I had a chat with Dad and said "if you were telling me what had happened then I want you to know that its fine - I love and miss you and always will no matter what you did or didn't do"

I ended our "conversation" by saying "if it was you passing on a message to me can you send me some kind of sign, let me find a trinket or something small that I can keep with me as a gift from you"

Last night I was sorting out the laundry and look what fell at my feet

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/heart.jpg

Not a great picture, but its a small, pink heart.

Thanks for letting me share - I am so happy :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-24-2006, 04:17 AM
WOW, your dad knows how to surprise you!!!
btw, any idea who lost this little heart? It is beautiful; I used to have a similar one years ago :)

Killearn Kitties
08-24-2006, 04:19 AM
:D I'm glad you found the token you were looking for. It takes a long time to adjust to the loss of a parent and I'm sure the chatting helps.

Keep your pink heart with you always!

zoey
08-24-2006, 06:43 AM
There's your sign. How nice for you. Thanks for sharing. :D

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2006, 07:06 AM
WOW!! Your story has really touched me this morning, Denise. What a special thing it is to find the little heart. Your Dad is definitely still with you. Hearing you say you're happy, really makes my day! :) You deserve it!!

JenBKR
08-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Whew that gave me chills! Sounds like your dear dad is trying to communicate with you. What a precious little gift he sent you to remind you of him :)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2006, 08:14 AM
WOW!! Your story has really touched me this morning, Denise. What a special thing it is to find the little heart. Your Dad is definitely still with you. Hearing you say you're happy, really makes my day! :) You deserve it!!

Just to make today that much better - my gorgeous daughter has passed all her exams!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/Katie.jpg

Well done Katie - I am so proud I could burst!!

moosmom
08-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I know how much you miss your dad, Brody's Mum. Don't ever dismiss dreams, as they are the windows to your soul. It is a way for our beloved ones who have passed over to communicate with you. I truly believe that.

My Dad has been gone for 9 years now, and for the first time since he died, I can actually say that it hasn't effected me as much as it did after it happened. I miss him with all my heart, don't get me wrong. When I was driving back to CT for good from Michigan, I taped a picture of him to my dashboard. As I was driving, I could smell his cigar smoke. Almost as if he were riding along with me. I also saw a rainbow, which just confirmed what I already thought. He was there guiding me home!

You might want to think about keeping a journal of your dreams. That's what I've done for over 12 years. When I read it, I actually laugh because some of the dreams make no sense to me at all. My daughter jokes about them and says that if anyone ever read some of them, I'd be locked in a rubber room!

Don't ever feel weird about conversing with your Dad. I do it all the time. Gives me great comfort. As a matter of fact, I'm going down to the dock today where I scattered my Dad's ashes to chat.

Congratulations on your daughter passing all her exams. She is quite beautiful! I'm sure you are VERY proud!!

Killearn Kitties
08-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Excellent news on the exam front! Thiungs just keep getting better. ;)

ramanth
08-24-2006, 09:59 AM
What a wonderful story! Will you make a necklace or something out of the heart?

Muddy4paws
08-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Well Done Katie!

I think its fantastic your dad has given you a sign, I think you should keep it on you as a good luck charm :) Maybe its a sign hes proud of Katie passing her exams too? :)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2006, 03:53 AM
At the moment the heart is attached to my mobile phone (so it will be with me all the time :D )

It has to be a sign doesn't it? Too much of a coincidence to be anything else - arrived at an important time for Katie and just when I needed a boost.

Thanks Dad, still looking out for me xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reachoutrescue
08-25-2006, 04:32 AM
I am in awe. That was so great. I so believe it is a sign from your dad. I hope you are able to keep this kind of "relationship" up with him. It is a rare, but wonderfull experience that should be cheerished always. Congrats on you daughter's exams. Your father would be proud...yet I am sure he is.

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Congrats Katie. You're a gorgeous young lady. What a cool story Denise :)

Donnaj4962
08-25-2006, 09:07 AM
WOW! Talk about chills! That is a very cool story! I soooooo believe in signs! I think that they appear mor often than we realize.... we just aren't "looking" for them!

Congratulations to you and your daughter on passing the exams! I am sure Grandpa helped her through them! Your daughter is beautiful!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Thank you for your kind words about my lovely Katie. She is a sweetheart

Dorothy39
08-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, At least I'm not the only person who actually believes that our departed loved ones are still with us.

That story gave me goose-bumps!!!!!

So did moosmom's story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, Brodysmum, "Your daughter is a very beautiful young lady!!!! ;)

Thank-You for Sharing that Wonderful Story about your Dad!!!!

cyber-sibes
08-25-2006, 10:29 AM
:) That's wonderful! What a comfort.

MomToThree
08-26-2006, 02:21 PM
I completely understand. Shortly after my father passed (7 years ago), I was really depressed and I talked to him several times a week. I asked him one time why he had to leave me. He said that he didn't just leave me, he also left my mother and my brother. I then told him that since he will never come back if he could send Sterling (a cat of ours) home. (Sterling got out one night and he didn't return. After about 2 months we gave up hope that he would return.) Well 2 weeks later I hear my mom and my brother screaming upstairs. They were stomping on the floor. So I ran upstairs to figure out what was going on. My mom grabbed me and just started crying. I then looked at the floor by the front door and there sat Sterling. I cried so hard. I told her that Dad sent him home. She said she knew that. I told her about my conversation with him, when I asked him to send Sterling home. I was amazed. I stood there for sveral minutes thanking my Dad and God for sending him home.

CatLuvrs
08-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow I am sitting at work with tears in my eyes. That is wonderful that you got your sign!!! It is always great to talk to loved ones that are gone. I know my best friend has dreams about her sister and she talks to her in those dreams and always feel wonderful after them.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Had a chat with Dad the other evening about the :( state of my finances. My electricity bill arrived this morning - £300 in credit!!!! One less bill to find....

I read somewhere that the job of spirit guides is to create coincidences such as this to make us aware of their presence....I know who mine is :D

moosmom
09-23-2006, 06:21 PM
While I was in the hospital I had a dream that both my parents were in, which to me is a sign they were watching over me. I really believe in that kinda stuff.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
I am now wearing the heart on a chain around my neck and if anyone asks me about it I am proud to tell them the story. Some look at me as if I'm mad but others seem to understand.

pitc9
09-18-2007, 07:46 AM
I am now wearing the heart on a chain around my neck and if anyone asks me about it I am proud to tell them the story. Some look at me as if I'm mad but others seem to understand.

If they look at you like your mad... it's their loss that they don't believe.

I'm SO happy for you for everything that's happened for you & Katie!

Laura's Babies
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I find a lot of people who have never had and experience, have a hard time believing but they have their minds closed to it so they miss their own signs and "visits". I too, dreamed about my Dad and the next day he sent a sign to confirm that dream. I talk to Mama all the time but she has yet to come for a visit in my dreams. :(

jackie
09-18-2007, 10:16 AM
300 pounds in credit! Not too shabby, send your dad my way! :p

jackmilliesmom
09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I read Angel Cards and believe a lot in Spirit Guides, Guardian Angels and Arc Angels - Your dad is your guardian angel and your spirit guide he will always be there for you. I know my dad is there to sometimes I feel like he isn't and then I get this strange but warm safe feeling around me and I know he is even on a cold winters day that feeling comes especially when I am alone

Sevaede
09-18-2007, 01:31 PM
It is indeed their loss.

I had a very vivid dream about my stepmother not too long ago. It stuck with me all day!

cyber-sibes
09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
:) Of course it's a sign, and a symbol for love, how cool is that? :cool: