PDA

View Full Version : What do you say??

Toby's my baby
08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Gosh, I have no idea what to say to my boyfriend. His parents got into a huge fight last night and decided they wanted a divorce. I'm praying that it isn't for real, and that it was just decided because things were "heated". They are the sweetest people, and they seem like they love each other so much when I am with them. I can't imagin them finding anybody more perfect for each other. Josh came over today, and we talked a little bit about it, and he said they talked about getting a divorce before, but they never did.

Also, Josh's best friends' dad killed himself last night. :(

I have no idea what to say to Josh. He hasn't talked much about his parents getting a divorce, I dont know if he wants to or not. What do I say to him? Do I bring it up, or what?? I've never had someone really close to me go through a divorce. I have however lost 3 of my close friends, two 3 years ago, and one last summer, so I kind of know how to deal with that.

Thanks

dukedogsmom
08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I really wouldn't know what to say to him, either. Just let him know you're there for him if he ever wants to talk.

I_luv_rusty
08-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't know what to say ethier. Like dukesmom said just tell him your their for him and if he ever needs to talk to call you. Maybe I can find out from some of my friends who's parents have gone through a divorce. If they decided they wanted a divorce I doubt they just decided it for sure in one night. Hopefully it was just that their were very mad at the moment and it was the only thing they though of. I hope that his parents don't go through with it.

Karen
08-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Maybe say something to the effect of, "I heard about your parents fight, and your frien's death. If you want to talk about it, any of it, I am here for you. We don't have to, it's up to you. Just know I'm a shoulder for you to lean on if you want it, I might not have any answers, but I'll promise to listen and be your friend."