PDA

View Full Version : Kodak easyshare software, reduce red eye question

lv4dogs
08-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I am FINALLY getting around to playing with the kodak easyshare software that came with my camera.
It has it's own photo editing which includes red eye removal. Well I've tried it (red eye) (read the help menu, directions, etc...) and am doing it correctly but it is not working for some reason. I've never tried this feature before so I do not know if it has always been this way or not.
Does anyone else have this software? If so does your red eye reducer work properly?

Does anyone know of any other program that is safe, secure and free that offers the red eye reduction?

mustlovedogs
08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure of any cameras or software that would really work, except for Paint Shop Pro X. I have it, and it has red eye removal...it works great! :)

Husky_mom
08-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I have easyshare too and canīt be able to do it right, I have to click and click and click and it never seems to get fully ok, so i got PSP7 full down the net ;) FREE..........canīt remember where though :rolleyes: , and that works better Iīm just not that good I still need to practice A LOT :p

Blue_Frog
08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
I use Paint Shop Pro 7 as well (since i bought it a long time ago), and it makes Red Eye removal pretty easy -- but not as easy as PSP10 (one click photo fix = great!) ... i tried that for the 30day trial, but had to take it off since i didn't have a full license. You can download the trial at:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Trials/Login&pid=1047025487586&cid=1047025490241

Otherwise, heres a pretty good list of image editing software -- can't vouch for most of these tho since I haven't tried them.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads37.html

catnapper
08-23-2006, 03:11 PM
I use Arc Soft Photo Impression. I tcame free with my printer, or scanner, or something like that. I can burn you a CD and mail it to you if you'd like. The red Eye reduction works well on it.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-23-2006, 03:20 PM
The Kodak software red eye removal doesn't work for me either. It either makes the entire eye grey and awful looking or it doesn't do anything.

lv4dogs
08-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I use Arc Soft Photo Impression. I tcame free with my printer, or scanner, or something like that. I can burn you a CD and mail it to you if you'd like. The red Eye reduction works well on it.

Oh boy Kim, I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks. But you reminded me that my old printer came with some type of photo program (at least I think that is what it is). Now I've never used it, heck I've never even installed it but now that I know that there is a chance that it could be useful I sure will give it a try. If I don't come up with anything I'll let you know.