PDA

View Full Version : Snoopy needs your support!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-23-2006, 07:09 AM
We finally have an date for Snoopy to get spayed!! August 29th

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cutes19.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/girlsapril7.jpg

I have to bring Snoopy to the University Vet's Hospital in Ghent at 8.45 am.
She will have to stay there till next day, in the afternoon :eek: ! Oh my, that will be a very long day for me meowmie.... I am sure I will cry like a baby the moment I will have to leave her there.... :( . The reason why she has to stay so long is because she will have to be given artificial respiration during the operation, and they also want to be sure to see how she is AFTER it... :rolleyes:

Please send lots of positive vibes to my little pussy, she will need them! And .... the meowmie too ;)
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/clos1.jpg http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cutes12.jpg

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 07:23 AM
The girls have made a note in their diary and they will be sending lots of good luck vibes to little Snoops when the time comes!

Sonia59
08-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Dear Snoopy, we are all with you. I am happy that you will be in good hands at the University Vet clinic ;)

I am sending you kisses on your nose, Jasmine is sending you loud purrings and Peppito a head bump :)

Catty1
08-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Hugs to little Snoopy!

Be nice to the vets, and wishing you healthy times! Plus maybe you will be able to go outside after you are all better.

Marking the date and prayers for you and your meowmie!

catlover4ever
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
The Fur Crew is has started sending good vibes your way and they will continue until they know you are back home with your family.

catnapper
08-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Good luck precious Snoopy, we'll all be praying for MEOWMIE since we know you'll come through just fine ;)

Lut, is it standard practice to allow cats to go home the same day as their spay? Here in the US, most cats stay at least one day after their spay.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-23-2006, 08:12 AM
We will be thinking of you darling little Snoopy. You will be in safe hands and have the best possible care........we will keep an eye on meowmie for you :D

Sonia59
08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Lut, is it standard practice to allow cats to go home the same day as their spay? Here in the US, most cats stay at least one day after their spay.

In France and The Netherlands it is common, they are operated in the morning, under supervision during the afternoon and we can take them back in the end of afternoon (if they look OK of course). When my Jasmine was sterilized, I just received a pain-killer pill to give her the next morning. And she was perfectly fine ;)

Queen of Poop
08-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Good thoughts coming your way for you both. Snoopy, you'll be just fine, you too Meowmie. Fingers, toes and paws crossed for you on the 29th.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-23-2006, 08:24 AM
In France and The Netherlands it is common, they are operated in the morning, under supervision during the afternoon and we can take them back in the end of afternoon (if they look OK of course). When my Jasmine was sterilized, I just received a pain-killer pill to give her the next morning. And she was perfectly fine ;)

Indeed, it is common in Belgium too!
A WHOLE day, even more, it will be a very hard time for me... :( . Of course I am more worried because of the higher risk!! I will never forgive myself if anything goes wrong :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
08-23-2006, 08:31 AM
I will worry with you! I wish there was some other way they could keep her from coming in heat and she not have to got hrough this.

I was a complete basket case when Amy had to go in for that and I couldn't even take her to drop her off, I had to get Rie to do that because I knew I probably would cry all the way there and bawl like a baby when I handed her over.... IF I didn't chicken out and just take her and run!

Thoughts and PRAYERS for sure from here for that darling baby!

Logan
08-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Snoopy, you're going to be just fine! But I know your meowmie is going to worry. That's what we do best!!!!! ;)

Grace
08-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers until the all-clear is given.

K & L
08-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Oh that's got to be nerve wracking for you. GOOD LUCK Snoopy, we're all pushing for you. You'll do just fine!

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Lut, lots of prayers and positive thoughts will be going out to both you and Snoopy. I'm sure that everything will be fine.:)

lizbud
08-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Best of luck for Snoopy.I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers :)

CultureJunky
08-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Snoopy, you see you're all grown up nearly and have to do adult things now, they may seem strange but they are important, it will help you to live a long and healthy life and make sure that there are no unwanted kittens around. It's not too bad and it's very easy cause we had it done years ago, and the upside to it is you'll be pampered and spoilt rotten by your mum over it! So look at the brightside.
Lots of best wishes and thoughts coming your way Snoopy!
Jack & Sunny

orangemm
08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Sweet little Snoopy, believe me, your meowmie will be more upset than YOU! I know it will be strange and scary, but the whitecoats want to do what's best for you. Don't be afraid, we'll all be praying for you.

After it's over and you go home, you will be spoiled ROTTEN, get lots of treats and scritches, plenty of gentle rubs and kisses.

Lut, try to relax and remember that she's getting very good treatment. (I'd be a basket case, too! :eek: )

catmandu
08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Miquelito Angel volunteered to fly to Belguim to be at Snoopys side.
I will send him to Pet Angels Airline and he should be there Monday, with presents for his Darling.
Hang On Snoopy!
Snoopy Hang On!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats047.jpg
Hang On, Cause Im Coming!!!
As soon as I clean up, Miquelito, Your Love!

kimlovescats
08-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Snoopy is just absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I'm sure she will do just fine with her spay, Lut, but I would be a worried meowmmie too! ;)

Hugs,
Kim

kb2yjx
08-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Lut!!! Many prayers for Snoopy that she comes thru her spaying with flying colours!!!! and ((((((((((((((hugs ))))))))))))))for you!

doolittleky
08-23-2006, 05:48 PM
I will be keeping Snoppy and Meowmie in my thoughts and prayers! Snoopy you are a cutie!
Melissa

jenluckenbach
08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Snoopy will certainly be in my prayers for the surgery date.

kuhio98
08-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Snoopy ~ All your aunties (and uncles too) will be sending you good thoughts and worrying right along with your meowmie.

Lut ~ I know it will be hard on you to be apart for so long, but if they think she needs to stay overnight because of her unique physiology, I'd encourage them to err on the side of caution.

Felicia's Mom
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with Snoopy and Lut.

Don Juan's mom
08-24-2006, 01:39 AM
hey snoopy dont worry i had the sir jury done too before i met my mom and its ok the fur grows right back and then you dont have to worry about getting "in trouble" and then you can play outside with your sisters wont that be fun be sure to keep an eye on that zazou so she doesnt run away again

zerlina gattobello

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2006, 10:10 AM
*bump*

JenBKR
08-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Good thoughts for sweet Snoopy! Take care honey, meowmie will be worried about you!

hmm, when my little girls were spayed I took them both home the same day it was done..and they were both done at different vets. Maybe it just depends on where you have it done?

Donnaj4962
08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Sweet little Snoopy, lost of (((hugs))), warm wishes, and good thoughts coming from me, Tabitha, and Sasha here in Indiana that all will go well for you while you are away from your Meowmie. It will be a long day for both of you. We will be thinking of you (and your Meowmie) and we will watch for updates.

Lut, will the hospital call you once things are done? I know my vet does and that is always so comforting. When Sashie was spayed, they even took the portable phone back to her and let her hear my voice and she meowed for me! It was conforting but heartbreaking at the same time cuz I just wanted to be with her!

momcat
08-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey there little Snoopy! There's nothing to be afraid of. Just try to remember that the whitecoat is your friend and will take extra good care of you, especially when everyone at the kitty hospital sees what a cute little sweetie you are. Before you know it, this will be all over, you'll feel great plus you'll be back with Meowmie and your sisters. Prayers being prayed that all goes well.

I can understand how you feel, Lut. Our vet kept Groucho over night when he was neutered. Even though it was only one night, things just weren't the same. I especially missed him when he didn't come up on my bed that night.Don't worry, Snoopy will be just fine.

Lizzie
08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Lut - scary as this is for you, I'm very relieved that you have decided to have Snoopy spayed. I had a cat with early medical problems and her first vet advised against spaying. Since Thisbe and I were very closely bonded from our first moments together, I carried that decision no matter what other vets said to the contrary. It was only when she was about 6 years old and a vet told me about mammary cancer that I decided to risk having her spayed. She was fine, but because I had waited years to have the surgery done she did get cancer when she was 14. If I'd take the risk earlier, I'm sure she would have lived many more years. Snoopy is a special case, so she will get lots of extra special care and I feel sure will come through it all perfectly well.

Catsnclay
08-24-2006, 01:08 PM
The reason why she has to stay so long is because she will have to be given artificial respiration during the operation, and they also want to be sure to see how she is AFTER it... :rolleyes:

Ok, I think I'm missing something here, WHY does she need artificial respiration during surgery????

Good lucky to you little Snoopy! I'm sure you will do much better than your mom will do!!

Lut- good luck to you too!! Go home and hug the rest of the kitty gang, they will help you get through this!

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Our thoughts and prayers will be there for precious little Snoopy. Such a darling little girl. {{{HUGS FOR MEOWMIE}}} :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Ok, I think I'm missing something here, WHY does she need artificial respiration during surgery????

!

Her chestbone isn't completely closed :( . You can read all the details here:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/snoopy.htm

Catty1
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM
So I guess they add more oxygen or something - keeping her asleep with a breathing mask instead of a needle?

Dear little baby! I went to her site you posted - TOO MUCH CUTENESS!

I wish you had a local newspaper to do a story on her...I wonder if the people who threw her out on her own would read it....grrrrr

Best to Snoopy!

BigB_Kittys
08-24-2006, 05:09 PM
My family, Snowball and Rocky are sending prayers that Snoopy's operation will run smoothly with no complications.

Brian
Ontario, Canada

Corinna
08-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Just wondering how little Snoopy did ?

Lizzie
08-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Just wondering how little Snoopy did ?

The surgery is next Tuesday, August 29th, Corinna. Lut is gathering a large blanket of positive thoughts early to protect her Snoopy.

momcat
08-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi Snoopy! I was looking on Pet Talk today while Meowmie was at work and saw that you'll be going to the kitty hospital next week. There's nothing to worry about and it will be all over before you know it. When I had the boy version of your operation I had to stay overnight and how I missed Meowmie and Soncat! The whitecoats and the nurses took very good care of me but they did tease me about my moustache. I didn't like when they did that but we both know how silly these hoomins can be at times. I'm saying my kitty prayers for you

Please don't worry, Snoopy's Meowmie! At first Snoopy might be a bit scared because she won't be going home with you. I was when Meowmie left me at the kitty hospital. But I got lots of attention and scritchies from the nurses. It was even fun talking to the other kitties all night long. Snoopy will miss you just like you'll miss her but she knows for sure that you will come back to bring her home.I'm saying my kitty prayers for you too!! Purrs and headbumpies to help you feel better.....

Your friend,
Groucho

Catsnclay
08-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Her chestbone isn't completely closed :( . You can read all the details here:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/snoopy.htm

OMG!! I really must have missed that thread! Thank you for re-sharing Snoopy's story with me. I remember you getting her, but I really don't remember any more! Oh no! not only a senior moment, but a blonde moment at the same time!! :eek: :eek:

I really need to start paying attention around here! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lut- Please keep us posted on Snoopy's surgery! You and your husband are a very special people for taking her in, and she knew it that is why she waited for your husband!!

:mad: :mad: I just hate people that dump cats :mad: :mad:

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-27-2006, 03:53 PM
OMG!! You and your husband are a very special people for taking her in, and she knew it that is why she waited for your husband!!

Aww, thank you!! She is a very special cat, in many ways :)
Tomorrow is her last day at home before the operation. I will spoil her rotten: all the food she wants, lots of playing, new toys, and tons of cuddles :D .
Why?? After tomorrow evening 12 pm, no more food or drink for my baby, untill she gets back home on wednesday :(

phesina
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
The kitties and I are all sending prayers and good wishes for Snoopy's (and her meowmie's) big day on Tuesday..

Snoopy, in two more days you will become a woman!

Hugs and purrs,

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, and Poppy

KitCat
08-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I know it is hard for you to be without Snoopy but it is for the best. Pets that are neutered or spayed aren't "frustrated" and they don't try to run away to breed where they could get lost or injured.

Catty1
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
I will be thinking of you and widdle Snoops - I hope she is as friendly there this time as she was last time!

Sounds like she will have the very best care she can get!

What a miracle that Bernard found her and brought her home! Such love and nothing but the best for her! :)

jenluckenbach
08-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Is Snoopy enjoying her last meal before surgery??? ;)

I'll be thinking of you sweet girl. :) {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Is Snoopy enjoying her last meal before surgery??? ;)

Oh yes, she did!! She got an extra portion of yummie tuna :p :p .
From now on (it is 11.30 pm), no more food or drinks; she is expected to be at the clinic at 8.45 am (GMT+1 hour).
Good luck, sweetie :)