PDA

View Full Version : Special Needs Babies Pulled from Animal Control in Williamson County...

kimlovescats
08-22-2006, 07:56 PM
I was contacted recently about a blind kitten who was in a high-kill Animal Control facility in Williamson County. Yesterday I travelled there and adopted this precious lynx point Siamese mix who is blind and her brother. You can't tell by looking at "Helen" that she is blind, but she was examined by a vet who said that she is. She does definitely wave her head about and walk erradically. He had said that she may have some neurological damage, and I believe he is right. Both she and her brother are having diarrhea, hopefully that will clear up shortly.

Here they are:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/MiscPics/Img_1122.jpg

After I paid for these two babies, I asked to see what others they had. Hiding, scared as can be, in the back of her cage, was Sassy ... this beautiful siamese girl. She has had some sort of major tail trauma, or possibly a birth defect ... but because she came in with a maggot-infested wound under her tail, I'm guessing trauma!!! :( Her tail is only about half-length, very bent and fixed in a curled position heading around her hip. You can't even move it without possibly snapping it! Bless her heart, she is very shy, but when I pick her up she does purr. Tonight she has started to venture out into my bedroom (from UNDER the bed) and get a little braver. I'm just letting her go at her own pace. It's obvious this girl wants to be loved, and I can't wait to shower her with it! Now ... meet Sassy:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/MiscPics/Img_1128.jpg

Lastly, as I was paying a second time :eek: for this little girl ... the woman who worked there brought out one more teeny weeny girl. She is only 5 weeks old, and still insists on being syringe fed! ;) The lady said that she would pay the adoption fee on her if I would take her home as well. So, I had no choice! :p She does not have a name just yet ... and she is starting to get the URI ... so please pray that this tiny one will survive ... here she is:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/MiscPics/Img_1121.jpg

"Sucker" Kim :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Kim, they're all so adorable.:) I'm so glad that you're able to take these babies home and care for them. They're sure to get lots of loving in your house.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to all of these babies. May they thrive in your care and live long happy and healthy lives.:)

kimlovescats
08-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Thank you, KAK.

rg_girlca
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh Kim, you are NOT a "sucker", you are an Angel for taking on these precious babies. They are of course so darn adorable, especially that widdle tabby one.

What a wonderful lady to pay for the adoption fee for the wee girl.
Gosh she reminds me of my Willy when I first got him.
Kim, I have no doubt whatsoever that this little one will thrive in your care, but it wouldn't hurt to still say a prayer for her.

((((((HUGS))))))

catnapper
08-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Beautiful new additions Kim!

I would like the little blind girl, please. and her brother, and Sassy.... aw shucks, I want all 4 too!

Grace
08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Oh Kim, you are NOT a "sucker", you are an Angel for taking on these precious babies. They are of course so darn adorable, especially that widdle tabby one.

What a wonderful lady to pay for the adoption fee for the wee girl.
Gosh she reminds me of my Willy when I first got him.
Kim, I have no doubt whatsoever that this little one will thrive in your care, but it wouldn't hurt to still say a prayer for her.

((((((HUGS))))))

Looking for a name - perhaps Wilhelmina?

elminster20
08-22-2006, 11:29 PM
If I could convince my partner that it was a good idea to take in more lost creatures, we'd have a zoo (sadly, her common sense is right, we can't afford it..... I still try though, guilt can be a great motivator to say yes!!:)), but you are definitely a wonderful person for helping the little ones in their time of need. I hope they all make it and become big and energetic. I hope you keep us updated!!!!!!!!

Lizzie
08-23-2006, 12:07 AM
What beautiful new additions to your cat family. Congratulations! I hope all goes well with them and that you can pull the little one safely through her URI.

Sevaede
08-23-2006, 12:35 AM
You are a SWEETHEART for taking in those babies! :D

If they get to be too rambunctious, you can just send em over to me! ;)

kimlovescats
08-23-2006, 12:37 AM
I appreciate all the nice words! So far everyone is doing well. *knocks on head* :D

Reachoutrescue
08-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Those babies are so cute. That little 5 wk old is like a jem! You should call it Ruby...if it is a girl, and maybe Rudy if it is a boy. You are wonderful for saving those four kits. Good luck with them and have fun!!

jenluckenbach
08-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Oh My!! What a wonderful act. Those 4 have no idea just how LUCKY they are. :D

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 05:38 AM
Oh Kim, they are gorgeous! The tiny babies are beautiful and Sassy ... what a doll! I hope she lets you shower her with love soon.

Teeny weeny girl can be a baby for Tabitha. ;)

rosethecopycat
08-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Wonderful babies. Thanks for helping them. I don't know if they are 'keepers' for you but if you are fostering them....

You might try the Siamlist to adopt them out.

Go to: siameserescue.org
and the left Side bar: Siamlist

They help people find Siamese cats and mixes privately.

Good luck.

catlover4ever
08-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh Kim, they are adorable. Bless your heart for taking them in.

Catty1
08-23-2006, 07:54 AM
The Quintessential Quartet!

What beautiful babies! The Siamese girl...what a doll! And the tiny one! Will she still insist on being syringe-fed when she's 2 years old? :D

The litter mates are dear! Bless you for taking them in!

Glad to hear they are ok so far.

HUGS

Laura's Babies
08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
AWWWWWWW! They are all so adoreable! I too, want them ALL!!! The first two are so sweet, look how that tabby one is looking.... that is so cute.. What color and pattern is the other one? She looks like a buttersctoch tabby. If I didn't work like I do, I would take her off your hands in a heartbeat.

I can't believe you was lucky enough to get that siamese baby! She is BEAUTIFUL! A trip to the vet will fix her tail right up and she will be fine.. WOW! I could steal her too!

I love the name Ruby for the little one, I will be right there to get her! :rolleyes: She is adoreable and you can syringe feed her while Tabbitha sucks on your ear... She is just way to sweet!

I know that shelter was happy to see you and I bet they will be calling you again. God Bless you for taking on these sweethearts.. You will be blessed many times for doing this.

(Are these going to be keepers or are you going to foster them and find them homes later?)

Logan
08-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Thank you, Kim. I feel very inadequate when it comes to helping cats in rescue. :o I love them and would have lots, but I have to consider the dogs and the puppy, mostly, and Butter, and how he would react. Then I have to talk my husband into letting me bring in another cat. I think Butter would enjoy a feisty companion, to tell you the truth, but until Mack puppy gets a little older, I'm not even going to attempt it. Ever since we lost Mimi, Butter is different. Dare I say, he is a little nicer?? But I don't think he or Mack need a tiny kitten. I would be scared to death! :eek: We'll have us another cat, one day, for sure.

In the meantime, I'll keep on working on transporting for rescue. I had a wonderful experience this week, which I reported in Dog Rescue, yesterday.

You're great, Kim!!!!! :D :D :D

QueenScoopalot
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
A HUGE THANK YOU KIM!!!! :D :D :D :D Four little lives have been saved by your kindness. As I PMd you...I'd have taken the whole kit & kaboodle home with me too if I was there. I love the names Ruby & Rudy for the wee grey tabby infant. :) (Actually Kaboodle is kind of cute too...or a duo named Kit & Kaboodle...and Doodle if there's an orangie in the litter)! Adding to my list of names now *grin*

CultureJunky
08-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Bless you for taking these babies in and giving them a home. They will be so happy and looked after so well they will grow up to be beautiful confident contented cats.

Anikaca77
08-23-2006, 03:49 PM
There is some truth to what you posted, I'm in the same boat with the colony I'm TNR.

Melissa

If I could convince my partner that it was a good idea to take in more lost creatures, we'd have a zoo (sadly, her common sense is right, we can't afford it..... I still try though, guilt can be a great motivator to say yes!!:)), but you are definitely a wonderful person for helping the little ones in their time of need. I hope they all make it and become big and energetic. I hope you keep us updated!!!!!!!!

Anikaca77
08-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Also, Kim

Congrats on the 4 little ones. I'll say a big pray for you.

Melissa

catmandu
08-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Kim, there are 4 More Gold Stars by your name at Cat Heaven.
You and the many rescuers are the best reason for being on Pet Talk, as you go beyond the call of duty to help these Poor Kittens.
Moose and All The Found Cat Angels will be there to help as much as possible.
I know that Moose is surrounded by those Kittens looking for the Pigeons.

catfamily
08-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Kim you are such a lovely beautiful woman who cares more than most people in the world.Thank You so very much for adopting these precious babies.They are all so adorable.Your one of the sweetest persons I know Kim :)

kimlovescats
08-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Again, I want to sincerely thank all those who have had so many nice words of support! I truly appreciate each one!

Catfamily: I LOVE that new picture of Marshall!!!!! He is just too sweet!!!! :D

catfamily
08-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Again, I want to sincerely thank all those who have had so many nice words of support! I truly appreciate each one!

Catfamily: I LOVE that new picture of Marshall!!!!! He is just too sweet!!!! :D
I tried to make another video of him kicking the sock.He still does it.I don't have the old one you made because we have a new computer and all the old stuff got lost.but I'm going to try to re post it from the old thread.I loved the way you did that :D
It was so well done!

Donnaj4962
08-24-2006, 12:13 PM
What cutie patooties are all of thos ewee little ones? And how great are you to take them all in???? That is wonderful! You will have your hands full, especially with the contrary one who insists on being syringe fed! It is almost like having quadruplet babies, I would think!

Congratulations on your new additions! :D