PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #174: On the road....again..and again....

Lady's Human
08-22-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm opening the bar early this week, as I'll be on the road back to NY for Thursday. I've been dealing with classes on outdated networking equipment that the postal service insists on keeping in the system. We spend most of our troubleshooting lab time troubleshooting problems in the equipment that have nothing to do with the bugs the instructors are putting in the equipment. :rolleyes: (That's what ya get when you integrate 15 y/o computer systems with modern networking standards)

On that note....I'm opening the bar with a network joke.....

An IT support desk worker joins the army. During the pistol training, the drill sergeant notices that the soldier isn't hitting anything on the range. ......as in he couldn't hit the broadside of the barn............from the inside.

The drill sergeant walks over to the recruit, and asks him what the problem is.

The former support desk worker looks at the pistol, checks the magazine, and chambers a round. He looks at his left hand, looks at his right hand, then sticks his finger in the muzzle and pulls the trigger, blowing his finger off. While the medic is prepping him, he looks up at the furious drill Sgt. and says "I don't know what's wrong with the targets, but everything's okay on this end."

badump bump.

DOTD? El Bueno.

1 1/4 oz Gold Tequila
3/4 oz Cointreau
Splash Lime Juice
Splash Grenadine
Fill O.J. / Bar Mix

Shake

Laurie, the foods on you, and Orc is getting the slushies ready!

Edwina's Secretary
08-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I'll join you LH....hate to see a man sitting alone in a bar....but please...don't tell anyone...it will ruin my reputation. Plus...an El Bueno (why is there no tilda on my keyboard???) sounds good.....

Karen
08-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Why is the food on Laurie? C'mere, Lady and I will help clean you up, Laurie! ;)

catland
08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Dos Bueños, por favor. :cool:

(ES - ñ - hold down the ALT key and type in 164) ;) :D

Lady's Human
08-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Buenos all around, and I think Lady beat you to cleaning up Laurie! :eek:

(Don't worry, Sara, you can always write it off as a hangover from your birthday! :p _

RICHARD
08-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Un Bueno Y un Malo...

LOLOLOL.....

In honor of the Tomato capers this last week, I'd like to make a 'mater salad
for everyone....

"maters
onions
cucumbers

Oil du olives, vinegar, salt and pepper....

Slice everything thin and let sit in the fridge for a few hours?

Done?

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 03:26 AM
All sounds fantastic! Are those tomatoes stolen, Richard? I've heard they taste better. :D

slick
08-23-2006, 04:13 AM
I'm not doing so good right now. :( How about all of you going on the road trip and landing on my doorstep???

Pawsitive Thinking
08-23-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm not doing so good right now. :( How about all of you going on the road trip and landing on my doorstep???

Sounds good to me! Come on gang..........

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 04:47 AM
We have packed up the salad and the bar and we are on our way!

Lady's Human
08-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Slick, DONE!

One doorside party delivered.

Anyone for some coffee? (spiked or otherwise)

Karen
08-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Slick? Honey? Are you sure your doorstep is strong enough for all of us to land on it at once? I mean, the little formerly-blue-now-orange-again kitten is only a few pounds by now, but some of us, Orc, included, might make your poor doorstep crumble, espcially if we all "land" in one thump!

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 07:01 AM
What will the neighbours say as we all trudge up in the middle of the night bearing spiked coffee and stolen tomato salad?

trayi52
08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Slick, good to see you feeling so good! It will be a pleasure landing on your doorstep!

Meantime, I'll take a cup of coffee with a splash of something, please.

Hope everybody else is doing okay today. Me, I am doing okay.

Willie :)

sparks19
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
mmmmm Give me an El Bueño to start. :D

Lady's Human
08-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Slick, I forgot one little detail.....

Where can we park this seement mixer?

Trayi-One spiked coffee.....Done!

Sparks, one El Bueno .....Done!

Just watch the tomatoes on the landing, they bruise!

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Dos Bueños, por favor. :cool:

(ES - ñ - hold down the ALT key and type in 164) ;) :D

Que lastima! No serve para mi! Ni accentos..... :( :( :(

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
While holding down the Alt key, you have got to type the number in the number keypad at the side of the keyboard, and not the ones above the letters, if you follow me.

Edwina's Secretary
08-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Que Bueño!

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Hurray! Celebration drinks all round.

gini
08-23-2006, 12:13 PM
And now I am learning Spanish on Pet Talk? What next? Oh yeah, how to steal tomatoes by Lizbud! :D :D

You know, if we were smart - we could have all just jumped into an empty seement mixer and had a wild ride up to Slick's house.

We could fill it up later with beverages of your choice. Who would ever suspect a seement mixer at her door? Having a little patio built?

I must be nuts - but isn't this Wednesday? Oh, I forgot - we are on the road again!

lbaker
08-23-2006, 12:20 PM
YUCK! First I end up with food all on me, now I have dog spit in my hair :rolleyes: I'd rather have Lady spit than cherry juice or stolen tomato juice so it's OK. Slide a Bueno my way while I get my roller skates on for my ride to Slicks. Did that dern Gini hide my roller skate key again :mad:

Randi
08-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Si possible, quesiera un Buena, y tambien un bocadillo de tomate. :) Creo que me gusta mucho! :D

Can someone else pour it for me .... Richard is not allowed to associate with me. ;)

A toast for Slick's good humor and health!!

lbaker
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Que? :confused: not allowed to associate with you :eek: Who said? Did RICHARD pi$$ Fister off?? ;) :D

Randi
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
His mom!! LOL! :D When it comes to Fister, I'm sure he could handle him in no time!! ;)

Still, Richard! You got a nice haircut recently, and you have every reason to be happy that your hair isn't leaving your head and slowing coming out of your nose! :eek:

Lady's Human
08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Laurie, One Bueno......Done!

Sorry about the food, but you've been doing such a good job cooking around here lately I figured we'd just continue with that, but I slipped and the tray went flying!

Randi, One Bueno for you as well!

Richard's been getting off easy around here lately, hiding in the L+F, not tending bar, someone's got to get this back in line!

Randi
08-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Richard's been getting off easy around here lately, hiding in the L+F, not tending bar, someone's got to get this back in line!
Yes, hasn't he just!! ;)

LH, I meant to say a long time ago ....doesn't your daugter look a LOT like Karen!! :) (in your signature)

Well ... one last Bueno to go. They taste fantastic!! :D

lbaker
08-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks LH, that really hits the spot - it's hot and humid again. Would you like some mayo on that bocadillo de tomate Randi? Or just some crispy fried bacon? As long as I've been drafted for kitchen duty again just place your orders folks, grills on!! :cool:

davidpizzica
08-23-2006, 03:12 PM
LH, a bueno will hit the spot right now! Laurie, need some help with the kitchen running out orders to this crowd? You cook, I'll run 'em out!

Randi
08-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh Laurie, it's one of those weeks ... but you can relax next week and let others tend to the Bar. :D I'll do it if I don't get another job.

Your suggestion about mayo and bacon sounds yummy, can I have both, please? ;)

One last Bueno before bed, and I'll sleep like a baby! :D

catland
08-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey Gini - If you want to drive the seement mixer up I-5 (or as you calyfurnians say, "THE FIVE") to Slick's porch, stop by Oregon exit 294 (or is it 298? - look for the Barbur Blvd exit) and pick me up. :D

gini
08-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Julie - I am on my way!!!

I had this idea for a new drink that we should call "Cute Fuzzy Mexican" -

This would be in honor of Mruffruff and Richard and relates to the haircut thread.

CUTE FUZZY MEXICAN

1.5 fl. oz. of Silver Tequila
0.5 fl. oz. of Cointreau
0.5 fl. oz. of Peach Schnapps
0.5 fl. oz. of Lime Juice
1 peeled and diced Peach
Crushed Ice
Add slice of peach WITH THE FUZZ ON!!
Top all with a tiny sombrero.

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2006, 04:55 PM
:eek: I was concerned about what the contents of that drink might be, Gini, but it sounds safe enough! ;)

RedHedd
08-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Ah! A Fuzzy Mexican sounds muy bueno right now (the Alt + 164) isn't working for me - que lastima!) When I saw the Barbur Blvd. exit reference, I immediately thought of Barbar the elephant! Yikes! I'm seeing elephants and I haven't even had a Fuzzy Mexican yet! Time for me to go home! :D

Lady's Human
08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I think I'm going to mix myself one of those fuzzy Mexicans, I could use to be a little fuzzy right now.

Has anyone seen Richard? David, I think we're going to have to venture into the L+F with orc.........

Did you get the rechargeables for the remote?

One more day in OK then a day on the road and I'm home! :D

Randi, the person most people think MJ looks like is our mother, which, quite frankly, scares the bejeesus out of me.

lbaker
08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
LH, are the older or younger brother? *sure hope you're the older, for your sake* ;) Nighty night Randi :)

Karen
08-23-2006, 08:01 PM
He's my rotten kid brother! He's actually the youngest of us four kids. Merrygirl, a.k.a. Marylin Jean has her daddy's eyes - dark, dark brown, that he got from our Mom. She definitely also has Ma's hair, which I, obviously, also got!

moosmom
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
How about a bucket of Margarita's and a few shots to wash it down with??? I'm unemployed again and pissed as hell!!! :mad:

Lady's Human
08-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Donna,

Just jump right in, the slushies are in the seement mixer! :p

moosmom
08-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Cool!!! Where do a sign??? :p

Lady's Human
08-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, someone else is going to have to tend bar. It's all set up, slushies are in the mixer, Buenos and fuzzy mexicans prepped to serve, and teh buffet is out. (Sorry about the mess, slick, we'll clean up before we leave)

I have to take a shower and hit the road. Been away form home too much and for too long this year.

Low level flight plan is filed, 'cause....

I got a long way to go, and a short time to get there,
I'm gonna do what they say can't be done........

time for the Contour to do its best impersonation of a dragon and get the H**l out of dodge.

Or, to steal a line from another movie......

It's 1456 miles to New York. I've got a full tank of gas, a full cup of coffee, it's dark out, and I'm wearing sunglasses......

HIT IT!

lbaker
08-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Have a safe trip LH, drop us a line when your home safe and snug (after you snuggle with the homefront of course). Thanks for the prep work, we can take over from here :cool:

gini
08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
LH, yes, please be careful on your drive home.

I am sure the home fires are burning waiting for your arrival.

And remember no cyber drinking and driving.

slick
08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Shhhhh!! Don't tell anyone. I'm not supposed to have anything to eat or drink until the Petscan is over.....but what the hay.....this is cyber. I would take one of those Fuzzy Mexicans but I don't think he'd want to fly all the way up here. ;)

I'll take a double-large-jumbo Bloody Mary and for eats, I'll have a large plate of onion rings (right MOMO??? ;) ) and a double cheeseburger with the works.

LH, prayers on the way for a safe trip home. :)

Karen
08-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Gosh, Slick, ain't cyberfood the best? Doesn't interfere with scans, and has no calories, but looks and tastes great in our mind's eye, anyway!

RedHedd
08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok I tried to post this just before leaving for lunch, but IE was balking. Let's raise our glasses to poor Pluto, which has been demoted from a planet to a dwarf. However, I guess it had to happen because now there is balance in the universe - there are now 8 dwarves and 8 planets, although I hear Goofy is mighty sad.

lbaker
08-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Goofy can hang around with Dumbo!! See.. it alllll comes together in the sky and the dwarfs *perhaps the sky is the key* :D oops, Dumbo was an elephunt, *nevermind*

RedHedd
08-24-2006, 07:34 PM
I see we're back to elephants again -- I'll have another fuzzy Mexican and a side of orange kitten :p

Corinna
08-24-2006, 11:21 PM
excuse me but did I just seeelephants on parade in here? Better than puffaloops and whoozles.
Oh man I need to go to bed I had quite the day . How about a DLC and a bit of some kind of pie? please
Glad to see Slick made it fine through her pet scan.

Lady's Human
08-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Just FYI,

The dragon has landed.

Karen
08-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Welcome home! Was Lady more delirious to see you, or the kids? ;)

Lady's Human
08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
It's a tie, I had Axel and MJ yelling at me from the window to her room, and Lady tackling me at the door.

RICHARD
08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
LOLOLOL,

I could hear the Blues Brother's theme song playing all the waay in the lost and found....

I think It's time to pour some drinks....

I have been AWOL for a while...details later on!

LET"S PArTY!!!

Lady's Human
08-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm getting soft in my old age, 28 hours to go only 1400 miles. used to be able to do that in 20.

Richard, the theme music for the trip was DaVinci's Notebook, specifically, "Another Irish Drinking Song"

Corinna
08-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Glad your home and safe.

lbaker
08-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I just sent a message to Slick saying this very same thing... and I say it to all ~ "RUN RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, CAN'T CATCH ME I'M THE GINGERBREAD MAN".. OK, don't ask me why I felt the need to say it :confused: I should never run with sharp objects :rolleyes: ;)

catland
08-26-2006, 11:34 PM
so the Bar is still hopping on a Saturday night? Well, in that case, let me join in. All this traveling in the back of the seement mixer is making me dizzy. :eek:

gini
08-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Is it Monday already? Yawwnnnnn, stretch..................

Boy, that was one fast weekend.

Glad LH is home safely.

Laurie, you are fixing breakfast aren't you?

I need something that will wake me up and fly right.

Lady's Human
08-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Coffee will wake you up, but as far as flying right?

That one is all on you.

lbaker
08-28-2006, 04:48 PM
OMD more food on me :eek: What am I? Chopped liver?? OK, hot gingerbread but also some buttermilk biscuits. It's late in the day (I actually had to WORK today :rolleyes: ). So lets just make something easy, like chicken salad ;) My father-in-law actually said that one day when they were over for the afternoon.. "why don't we just have something easy like chicken salad". OK Papa ~ you go catch the chicken :p

RICHARD
08-28-2006, 10:36 PM
my NEW YEARS RESOLUTION IS BEING MORE A PART (y) OF THURSDAY'S FROM NOW ON!!!

i HAVE BEEN SLIPPING...... :eek: :confused:

RedHedd
08-28-2006, 10:56 PM
my NEW YEARS RESOLUTION IS BEING MORE A PART (y) OF THURSDAY'S FROM NOW ON!!!

i HAVE BEEN SLIPPING...... :eek: :confused:Which new year? Do we have to wait until January? :confused: You've been missed, Richard. The party just ain't the same without you!

Lady's Human
08-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Mario Just doesn't work out well as a bartender. He eats all the cherries, oranges and lime slices, spills booze on the bar, and keeps playing with Orc's remote.