PDA

View Full Version : I almost forgot to tell everyone about the day we almost LOST Tiffany!!!!!

elminster20
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
So just before we moved my partner's best friend came to visit for a few days. It was great, they hadn't seen each other in months, and after living together for 4 years they missed each other quite a bit. After a very nice visit we said goodbye to her, and stood in the doorway to wave goodbye as she stepped in to the elevator. About an hour later we hear a knock on the door. It's our landlord, wondering if that cat at the end of the hallway is ours!!!!! I looked, and it was a tortie, so I ran to get her, my heart just sitting in my throat. She was terrified!!!!! Hunched close to the ground with BIG eyes!! As soon as I picked her up she curled up in my arms and snuggled in tight under my chin. I ran back in to the apartment asking my partner if she was ours, because..... She's a tortie!!!! They all look the same, and I was panicked that we'd almost lost our little girl!!!! Turns out, she was ours, and she must have slipped out when we were saying goodbye to my partner's friend. She hasn't gone near the door in the new place yet, so maybe it was a good thing, but man, that was terrible!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thought I'd share:)

Kirsten
08-22-2006, 02:12 PM
How scary!!! A cat slipping out of the door is one of my biggest fears! :(

Luckily your landlord asked you if it was one of yours! I'm glad that Tiffany didn't panic so much that she ran away from you when she was outside.

Kirsten

elminster20
08-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Luckily when she ran out the door we lived on the 11th floor of an apartment building. What was scary to think about was someone else taking her in because they wanted a kitten......

Kirsten
08-22-2006, 02:17 PM
A lot of scary things can happens once they are outside their house. I'm really glad that nothing happened and that you found her safe!

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
08-22-2006, 02:49 PM
:eek: I'd have fainted.

But this......

I ran back in to the apartment asking my partner if she was ours.....

Made me LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D

elminster20
08-22-2006, 02:51 PM
I was so panicked when I picked her up, I thought the one in my arms was heavier, and the colouring seemed different, and because torties can look very similar.......... oh man, made my partner laugh too:). It's easier when she's in the apartment, cuz Bob and Don are white, and she very much is not:)

jenluckenbach
08-22-2006, 02:53 PM
While I am on this thread, maybe this siggy will work better.....a bit larger. Try it.

catmandu
08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
It was a good thing that you saw Tiffany before you left, and then had to return and try and find her.
That was a close call!