PDA

View Full Version : contest ended?

lute
08-22-2006, 08:25 AM
yesterday my dad and i were pulled over for not having our seatbelts on. i always wear my seatbelt! the cop seemed more interested in me, the passenger, than dad. we both got sitations. :o

here's what this is all about. my friend Irwin and i are having a contest to see how many times we can get pulled over without getting a ticket. i think that since i wasn't driving and i only got a sitation it doesn't count and we're still on. Irwin thinks that a ticket is a ticket and he wins....men :rolleyes:

Vela
08-22-2006, 10:24 AM
why would you play a "game" about breaking the law to get pulled over? Someone could get hurt in the process. By the way, a citation IS a ticket, doesn't have to be for speeding.

lv4dogs
08-22-2006, 10:25 AM
why would you play a "game" about breaking the law to get pulled over? Someone could get hurt in the process.

I agree. Not to mention you take the chance of getting many tickets. It is always luck when you get pulled over & let off scott free.
Sounds very immature to me.

Cataholic
08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
You must be kidding me. Call me when you go headfirst into the windshield. I guess your father isn't into leading by example?

smokey the elder
08-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Why not see how long you can go WITHOUT getting a ticket? Sounds much safer to me.

luvofallhorses
08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Why not see how long you can go WITHOUT getting a ticket? Sounds much safer to me.

yeah, I agree. you could get in a lot of trouble if you get pulled over repeatedly. it's irresponsible to see how many times you can get pulled over by a cop and you might not be so lucky if you get pulled over again and again.

RedHedd
08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Doesn't sound like a very smart "contest" to me. Let's see who's going to get seriously injured or killed first? Nah, I wouldn't play that game - I like living on this side of the earth too much. Good luck to you though :rolleyes:

And your father not wearing a seat belt? Ok I'm not going to say anymore or this thread will have to be moved to the Dog House.

Argranade
08-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Hmm...I dunno what kinda game that is never heard of it. :p

Maybe see who gets the less tickets is a better option altho there will be alot of winners.

Freckles
08-22-2006, 05:35 PM
I always wear my seatbelt! :rolleyes:
Then why did you get the citation?

moosmom
08-22-2006, 05:48 PM
my friend Irwin and i are having a contest to see how many times we can get pulled over without getting a ticket

Oh grow up!!! :rolleyes:

buttercup132
08-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh grow up!!! :rolleyes:Shes a teenager shes still growing up.
Dont tell me you never did anything stupid as a teenager. Doing stupid pointless dangerous things are part of being a teen/growing up.
And maybe you guys took it the wrong way.

Lady's Human
08-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I did my share of stupid things as a teen, but they mostly involved avoiding all contact with police, not trying to get pulled over without getting a ticket.

You got the ticket, and the police officer was probably more concerned with the teenage passenger not wearing a seatbelt (still forming habits, trying to help you avoid forming bad habits) than they were with your dad not wearing a seatbelt.

sandragonfly
08-23-2006, 02:00 AM
:eek: .. who are you kidding ..me? I had to read this 4, 5 times ..

I sure hope the contest won't end after you die.

well, if you thought this was fun, then I'd tell you you and irwin are even now..

Game Over. ;)

Cataholic
08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Shes a teenager shes still growing up.
Dont tell me you never did anything stupid as a teenager. Doing stupid pointless dangerous things are part of being a teen/growing up.

And, it sounds as if she is growing up without the benefit of good instruction, too. While I was a teen once (I vaguely remember it), I didn't do these sort of stupid things. Crank calls? Maybe. Ring someone's doorbell and run? Maybe. Shoot, I might have TP'd a house or two. But, nothing like this. I disagree that "stupid pointless dangerous things are a part of being a teen". Not unless a dead teen is what you are after.

Catty1
08-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Lute's dad IS a grownup, and setting a totally lousy example.

Have a friendly cop show you some non-belt accident photos some time. Better yet, go to a hospital and visit those who lived....minus some bits and pieces, and maybe the ability to walk and/or think.

Actually, sounds like a couple of people in the car don't know how to think already... :(

BC_MoM
08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Shes a teenager shes still growing up.

I can tell you I've never done anything dangerous as a teenager. It's called smarts. Knowing when to quit.

How would you or Irwin feel if one of you were thrown from your vehicle in an accident and killed?