PDA

View Full Version : Cokette's Parasol

Jeannie girl
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I drive my Cokette to the park in my scooter several times a day. Sitting there she is exposed to the sun so I needed some parasol to protect Cokette especially her eyes.
Here are pictures I just took of my invention to protect Cokette. As you see Cokette just fits ok in it. And she seems to be at ease with it. The Parasol is low enough that it wont obstruct my driving view. I made it with 2 clamps, 2 coat hangers and an old piece of cloth. For storage it fits perfectly in the front pouch seen in photo 5.
Cokette will be 11 years old Oct. 22nd and she is becoming more sensitive and with her hot spot she needs all the help I can give her. I try all I can to accomodate her needs. Well ok so I spoil her a little maybe.

Corinna
08-21-2006, 07:46 PM
very clever you should market the item.

CathyBogart
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
How neat! I like this very much, what a good idea! She looks happy too. :)

Dorothy39
08-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Very resourceful!!!!!! You did a wonderful job in making it as well!!! I would patent that too!!! ;)

Did you buy the carrier with the metal basket all in one?

Anyway, Cokette sure does look like a little darling, sitting underneath that parosol!!! As if she is saying, "Come on, let's goooo!!!!

I'm so glad she gets to go along with you , riding along in such a fashion!!!!

mruffruff
08-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Great job! Looks cool, too.

I'm sure Cokette appreciates your efforts. She's a lucky dog.

Jeannie girl
08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
It was just a plain wire basket that came with the scooter.
I had a packsack and cut it up and created my own basket cover with pouches fasten with velcro. I also have a soft cushion in the bottom. Cokette took to it right away. She seems to trust me what ever I put her in. In my pouches I have my poop bags, camera, tissues, etc... When Cokette wants out she runs to the scooter and taps her basket. She's so cute!

Daisy and Delilah
08-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Cokette is a doll!! I would love to see more of her. Love her parasol :)

Karen
08-23-2006, 06:55 AM
Spoiled? Nah, who'd a thunk that? Cokette sounds like she just has you well-traind, that's all! There's nothing wrong with that! :)

Jeannie girl
08-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Has anyone encounter this? When I go on my computer Cokette disappears and this is where I find her. In the bottom of my hall closet. She chose this as her dog house the year I got my computer. I think she is telling me something. She does come to talk to me when she sees that I've been on it too long.