PDA

View Full Version : I love my dog but...

ashleycat
08-21-2006, 05:17 PM
She kinda smells. lol. Stinky breath, she needs her teeth and gums cleaned. Her paws kinda stinky too. And her fur. I gave her a bath last week but it didn't do anything. But that was a mild tick bath. I will bath her with some better stuff this time.

I love her sooooooooooooooooooo much, that I don't mind her stinkiness and still smash my face into hers. She's sooo loveable.

If she were someone else's dog, I probably wouldn't do it. Kind of like your own kids. You can clean up their bodily stuff, but gross out if it is someone elses kids lol.

Dorothy39
08-21-2006, 05:26 PM
:D :D Yes, and, while you are on the subject, why do their feet sometimes smell like Fritos Cornchips?? :D

Ah, those stinky dog stories!!!!! BURP!!!!! :D

ashleycat
08-21-2006, 05:30 PM
lol. cornchips. Anyone else's dogs have extremely tickelish feet? ha ha

IRescue452
08-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Did you ever try nature's specialties shampoo? It works great, I even use it for myself. People always come into work and ask what we use because it smells so good and makes the hair softer than soft. Its holistic and kinda expensive $10-25 for a concentrated bottle thats yeilds one gallon of shampoo, but its a great buy. I'll look for it on some websites, its hard to find.

here's some info http://www.naturespecialties.com/
http://www.naturesspecialtiesmfg.com/Products/NSHighConcentrateShampooforDirtyDogs.html

ashleycat
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I bought some citrus shampoo from target for now :) I'll try givin her a bath tonight.

Karen
08-21-2006, 06:20 PM
This brings to mind one of Pet Talk's most beloved threads ...

Frito Feet! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2619)

sanford8916
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I have to say I've never smelled my dogs feet but my first thought was to go smell both their feet, not that it was gross! All my friends think I am nuts for loving puppy breath! I am off to smell Winchester and Lou Lou's feet! :D

MajesticCollies
08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
What? Dogs smell? as in stinky?

Tip of the day for all of you stinky dog owners.:D lol

In a spray bottle mix water and hair conditioner and mist your dog before you do its daily brushing. *Sniff Sniff* ahhhhh, they smell fresh and clean every day!!!!!!!!

.sarah
08-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Are you still planning on switching to raw? My dogs used to stink (breath and just a musky doggy smell) while on kibble. Since being on raw, the smell has gone away. And their breath doesn't stink at all! Mandy had terrible breath, but now it's gone!

ashleycat
08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I want to, but I'm nervous. My vet says he sees a lot of dogs come in from having terrible diarreah and getting hurt from the bones in their mouth.

lute
08-21-2006, 08:42 PM
they make teeth cleaning and breath freshening toys and chews too.

Jadapit
08-21-2006, 08:48 PM
My dogs are doing wonderful on the raw. I started them out on chicken they never did have diarreah. The bones dont hurt their mouths. To be honest I was a little scared and freaked out the first time I gave them a chicken with bones. They all did great. Jada is a gobbler so I feed her stuff partly frozen that makes her chew more slowly. If you are nervous about the bones start him out with a chicken breast.

I love my dogs with all my heart I would NEVER do anything to them that would hurt them, the raw is really good for for them amd they love it. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Honestly, a lot vets know next to nothing about dog nutrition. The majority of them seem to try and steer people away from feeding a raw diet and come up with the most pathetic excuses for it too. I don't feed raw yet, but am planning on it soon. I think it's the best diet out there that you could ever feed your dog. I know quite a few dogs who are fed raw, and while I don't see that many differences between them and Tango (my kibble fed dog) as far as energy goes I have noticed that they don't itch often, they don't have 'dog breath', they don't have that typical doggy odour, and their coats are a bit softer than hers is (they're also the same breed as she is, so it's easy to compare). I think feeding Runner a raw diet would do wonders for her, and you'd be very happy with the switch. I also recommend getting a good shampoo (my personal favouritie is earthbath, but the one mentioned above is good as are many others). The conditioner in a spray bottle is also good, I do that with Tango before I brush her eventhough she doesn't smell bad.

Danegirl2208
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Are you still planning on switching to raw? My dogs used to stink (breath and just a musky doggy smell) while on kibble. Since being on raw, the smell has gone away. And their breath doesn't stink at all! Mandy had terrible breath, but now it's gone!

same here..malakai and chloe had HORRID breath before we switched to RAW, now its completly gone, which i am VERY thankfu for! lmao :)

CathyBogart
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm going to school to become a vet tech, and here's a litle something I didn't know until last quarter...

We techs get ONE class on nutrition, and it is sponsored by.....Hill's Science Diet! Of COURSE they're going to make it look as though they're doing everything perfectly. -_- I suspect it's much the same for vets. I actually haven't brought it up with my vet, but I'm going to when I bring Jasper in for a blood titer.