PDA

View Full Version : I was stopped by the Police

Randi
08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
... 2-3 weeks ago, and I got a ticket. DKR. 500,- (about $85) :(
Then today, I got the bill, along with a letter telling me that if my income was below a certain amount, I could have it reduced to DKR. 300,-. Well, my income last year WAS below the amount, so I'm sending a copy of my taxpapers as asked. I'm glad that I can have it reduced, but I think I'd rather earn more. ;)

Oh btw, all I was doing was going around a right corner on red light on my bike ... there was no traffic coming from the left!! The Police sat there behind the bushes by the lake. :rolleyes: They stopped everybody who did the slightest thing wrong. :mad: It must have been quite an income in the tax box that day!!

Barbara
08-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Did they stop you on the bike? It looks as if tickets are rather high in Denmark- 85$ sounds like a serious crime ;)

Randi
08-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, I was on my bike Barbara (and it was raining too! :mad: ).

That is also what a person speeding in a car gets - OK, the lowest fine, but still ... :rolleyes: I would have thought they had more important things to do!!

Killearn Kitties
08-21-2006, 11:47 AM
:D Just how fast were you pedalling, Randi, if you managed to get the equivalent of a speeding fine???

Randi
08-21-2006, 11:50 AM
KK! :D As it was raining I did have my Ferrari cap on, that's probably why - the policeman simply wanted to see it properly. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
A ticket for right turn on red while riding a bicycle......WOW!!!!!!!!!

Sonia59
08-21-2006, 12:04 PM
:D :D Policemen do that too in The Netherlands. Probably because there are more bikes than cars, so they have to do something ;)

lizbud
08-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Sems strange to me.I've never seen some one on a regular bike get a ticket. Mortorcycle or car, but never a bike.What is a DKR?

Randi
08-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Liz, DKR = Danish kroner = $ 85.

We are quite a few on bicycles in Denmark, it's the quickest way to get around in the city. Parking fee's are horrendous - about $ 4-5 pr. hour is quite normal in town!

Just have to add - I really wanted to push the guy into the lake, but there was one more!! ;)

Vio&Juni
08-21-2006, 01:29 PM
You'd get a smaller fine here for pushing him in the lake :)

I hate when they hide behind the bushes to catch some people for anything. And usually, they get people just for silly things.

RICHARD
08-21-2006, 02:32 PM
I think I cannot talk to you anymore.

My mom doesn't like me to associate with Hell's Angels types.
:eek:

------------------------

I have had tickets while riding/driving on a bicycle, motorcycle and in cars.

PS.

Thank goodness you didn't try to do the high speed chase. :rolleyes:

Husky_mom
08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Thank goodness you didn't try to do the high speed chase. :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! LOL!!! I can imagine that!!! LOL...........ok seriously how would it look if you DID pushed him into tht elake then escaped full speed......LOL.......some chase huh??

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-21-2006, 03:23 PM
OMG, is that all he had to do? It is typical, the little "fishes" get fined, while the big ones always find a way through the net... :rolleyes:

Randi
08-22-2006, 02:07 AM
I think I cannot talk to you anymore.

My mom doesn't like me to associate with Hell's Angels types. :eek:
WAAAHHH!! Does that mean you won't serve me a drink if I pop in on thursday?? :( :(

I just got to work, the police was standing there again, they were distributing tickets generously (this time, I came up to the crossroad as the light had turned green :) )

Isn't it amazing, we all know that that's the place they hide, still we all seem to forget it early in the morning. :rolleyes:

ramanth
08-22-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry Randi, but I had to giggle. :)

I hope you get the fine reduced.

Just the opposite was happening here in Detroit. At the Woodward Cruise (a very large classic car show), police on bicycles were pulling over cars!! :eek: :D

Cataholic
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Randi,
I don't mean to make light of your situation, but, I can't help myself! Pulled over on a BIKE? Have you been contacted by Lance Armstrong yet? I am thinking some Tour De (insert your preferred locale here) team could use you. :D

Next time, put the kick stand down on his toe. :o

gini
08-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow - that sure is a steep fine for a bicycle ride!

I hate it that these sleezy police hide to catch you.

I hope that you can have your fine reduced. That is a lot of money for something so minor!