PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Fridays #8: Have you hit a Brick Wall?

christa
08-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Aim Higher & Jump Over It!!!

Congrats PT!!! You've made it to Week EIGHT!!! For two months, we have been talking & living healthy!!! Congratulations!

Now let's make this the best week ever!

:D

I had an idea last night - who thinks it would be a neat idea to keep a running total of how many pounds PT has lost total??? I'll keep a running total - just PM me with your total weight loss and everytime you have an update, let me know and I'll add it to the PT Pounds Lost! I think it would be interesting to see - and motivating! I'll keep the updated total in the first thread of each Fitness Friday weekly post. :)

Have a Great Week everyone!!!

PT Pounds Lost: 153 pounds!

RobiLee
08-21-2006, 08:14 AM
I hit the brick wall every day. I lost 12 pounds, but as of today I have gained 6 pounds back :( . This just isn't going to happen for me. I'm still walking though. I did take yesterday off though. My legs and feet are killing me. Tori and I are getting ready to leave for our walk now. It's had to get motivated today but I really don't want to quit the walking part, because I have actually been enjoying it. I have a feeling if I quit walking then I will just die. I gotta keep moving.

beeniesmom
08-21-2006, 11:11 AM
I haven't hit the brick wall yet. I have lost 15 pounds since July 21st. Gosh I am so proud of myself.
I did have 2 slices of pizza yesterday. I just felt like I needed to reward myself for being so good.
Today...
Breakfast: 1 banana, 2 boiled eggs, small glass of OJ
Lunch: Big bowl of chickpea soup, 6 crackers.
Dinner tonight will probably be pork chops with vinegar peppers, succotash and a ceasar salad.

christa
08-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I haven't hit the brick wall yet. I have lost 15 pounds since July 21st. Gosh I am so proud of myself.

And you should be proud! That's a good number for a month's time! Keep it up!!! :D

beeniesmom
08-21-2006, 01:29 PM
And you should be proud! That's a good number for a month's time! Keep it up!!! :D

It is a month isn't it... today is the 21st.
Thanks! I hope I stay motivated.
I still have not seen the scale go under 200 yet. Yes, that is how fat I am. :o

christa
08-22-2006, 08:47 AM
bumpity bump . . . hope that nobody's been knocked out by that brick wall this week! :D

My arms are knumb today ~ crazy arm day yesterday. Looking forward to a great leg day today. :)

It's 10 a.m. and I haven't eaten breakfast yet! OPPS!!! I think I'll go boil some eggs!!!

Give me some updates!!! Or at least some numbers/pounds to add to the top post!!!

Rachel
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
:o :o That brick wall keeps following me around. Like Robi, I've gained back some of what I lost. My total loss therefore stands at 3 pounds. :o :o :o
Now you all know why I didn't want to post sooner. I will NOT give up though and at least I'm not gaining like I was before I started.

christa
08-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Well guys - let this be a lesson for you all that work out in the gym . . .

I was BAD yesterday!!!

I didn't eat well yesterday . . . I had breakfast late . . . I had a good lunch but no snack before . . . no afternoon snack and hardly anything before I went to do a heavy leg workout.

I thought I was going to be so sick at the gym!!! Seriously, I was SICK!!! And it was merely because I didn't have enough protein & nutrients in my body to hold myself up! I had no strength . . . I KNOW BETTER!!!

So let this be a lesson to you all . . . and a lesson to me (duh) . . . if you're working out especially, a good reason why you should eat your 3 meals a day & 2 snacks inbetween. Really does keep you going! :D

Toby's my baby
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I've only lost about 5 pounds since I started, but I have gained a LOT of muscle. I can actually FEEL my abs, like bumpity bump. :p :D Hard to explain....:cool:

I feel SO horrible....I stayed at my grandma's Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday....and you know how grandma's are. :o I did have...one healthy meal...:rolleyes: Chicken and Rice..gotta love it. Hopefully I can get myself back on track and start eatting right again.

christa
08-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I've only lost about 5 pounds since I started, but I have gained a LOT of muscle. I can actually FEEL my abs, like bumpity bump. :p :D Hard to explain....:cool:

Not hard to understand. You have such a low BF% that it isn't hard to believe that your abs are starting to show through! That is awesome!

RobiLee
08-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Today the scale says I have lost 3 of those 6 pounds that I had gained back. So that puts me at 9 pounds lost. Geesh, I wish I could quit going back and forth and get this right!! I've been obsessed with the scale lately. How often do you guys weigh yourself?

Will someone send me a pm reminding me to eat and be healthy tomorrow..lol. I can use all the reminders and help I can get ;).

{{HUGS TO ALL}}

cyber-sibes
08-24-2006, 01:34 PM
:( stuck in a holding pattern. not up, but not down either.

CathyBogart
08-24-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm gonna hop back on this badwagon - I had hopped off, gotten lazy, and stopped eating right and gained back 5 of the 10 pounds I had lost, and I'm ready to get rid of them again! The dogs and I are off for a walk.

k9krazee
08-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Well, I've lost about 10 pounds since te beginning of summer...right now I'm just at a standstill and haven't lost or gained anything.

There's a Student Rec center right down the road from my dorm, and I'm very excited about that. I think once I get a little more settled I'll start using it. I want to try to get up in the mornings and go work out but I'm not a morning person, lol. I can see how new students gain weight though...the cafeteria has all the pies, cakes and ice cream one could ever want :o

I ate a blueberry muffin for breakfast and I just went and had lunch; Tomato Soup and a bowl of fruit. Not sure what I'm going to have for dinner yet.

christa
08-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Bumping this up . . . I think we got Fridays 7 started again somehow! :eek:

;)

Robin: Only weigh yourself ONCE A WEEK! Don't obsess with the scales! That's not what's important! Eat healthy, exercise - that's what you need to focus on!!! Anyway . . . weigh yourself once a week to monitor your weight loss. And do it at the same time of day. When I was trying to lose, I would weigh every Sunday morning before breakfast. That way you will get an accurate weight. Otherwise . . . you will drive yourself crazy! Your weight will flucuate throughout the day & throughout the week! You need to be consistant! ;) Hang in there hon! And just try to be healthy & not obsess about numbers right now!!! You're doing fantastic!!! :D

dragonfly
08-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I want to be in on this too. :D Was there a starting thread I can read to see what everyone is doing. I used to be so good about walking but now none of my friends live near me and I need someone to be acountable to. This might help if I know others are doing it to. I used to eat alot better than I have been lately too. My husband is working out of town and with just me and the kids, it's too easy to slack off and just have kid food over and over again.

So do we check in every Friday?

beeniesmom
08-26-2006, 07:53 AM
I want to be in on this too. :D Was there a starting thread I can read to see what everyone is doing. I used to be so good about walking but now none of my friends live near me and I need someone to be acountable to. This might help if I know others are doing it to. I used to eat alot better than I have been lately too. My husband is working out of town and with just me and the kids, it's too easy to slack off and just have kid food over and over again.

No, Dragonfly, you can check in anytime you want, for support or just to fill us in on how you are doing :)
Good luck!

christa
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM

LOL . . . no, it's just called Fitness Fridays . . . but you check in EVERY DAY!!! :) Fitness Fridays is just the name we came up with - I know it's confusing. We like to be confusing, LOL.

And to make it even more confusing, we start a brand new thread every MONDAY!!! :eek:

Hang with us dragonfly - very motivating stuff!

Just search "fitness fridays" & do some reading!!! Glad you joined us! :D

dragonfly
08-26-2006, 09:36 PM
All right, I think I've got it. I will read some other threads to try and catch up to what everyone's been doing. Thanks :)