PDA

View Full Version : Hair Scrunching

I_luv_rusty
08-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Does anyone know how to make your hair scrunched? Or like what kind of hair products you use to do it? I've seen alot of people's hair scrunched...and the one person I knew who had a picture with their hair scrunched said hers was natural when wet. I know you can get some gel or something to scrunch hair. Anybody know what its called, and how to use it?? By the way: When I say scrunch I don't mean curl....) Hope someone can help :D

Karen
08-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Yup! Cornrow it when wet. Depending on how big or little you want the scrunches, that's how many braids you should make.

Jessika
08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
I do different things... theres a difference between crimping and scrunching. Scrunching to me is when your hair is wet (towel-dried) you put gel in your hair and scrunch it with your hands/fingers. I try doing that but oftentimes when my hair dries it is hard and still looks wet. Or it won't hold lol

Or when my hair is wet I call my sisters in and have them braid my hair in little bitty braids and then I spray them with some hair spray and I sleep on them and when I take them out in the morning my hair is crimped :D

kitten645
08-21-2006, 02:18 AM
When I blow dry my hair it is stick straight. I have pretty fine hair :( But my hairstylist recently scrunched my hair using Grahmn Webb curling gel and using a diffuser on the blow dryer at a low setting. Worked great and held even after sleeping on it. I guess it sort of depends on what hair type you have.

ashleycat
08-21-2006, 09:22 AM
if you scrunch it while blow drying it won't straighten. I put my dryer on a low setting. I scrunch and hold, while in the hold, I put the dryer up to it for a few seconds. No more cus you'll burn your hand.

Corinna
08-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Theree is an iron tha does that just like a curling iron my daughter has one that does it.

ashleycat
08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Theree is an iron tha does that just like a curling iron my daughter has one that does it.
yeah, but scrunching is so much easier. IMO. and you don't have to worry if you missed a strand lol. Not to mention time :)

I used to scrunch all the time.

I_luv_rusty
08-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I do different things... theres a difference between crimping and scrunching. Scrunching to me is when your hair is wet (towel-dried) you put gel in your hair and scrunch it with your hands/fingers. I try doing that but oftentimes when my hair dries it is hard and still looks wet. Or it won't hold lol

Or when my hair is wet I call my sisters in and have them braid my hair in little bitty braids and then I spray them with some hair spray and I sleep on them and when I take them out in the morning my hair is crimped :D

I think i'll use the both ways you said... scrunching and crimping. Yours were the most detailed for me to understand. I only have one more question what kind of gel do I use?? (any kind?)

Thanks everyone!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Ughh, I have always wanted to do this with my hair. It looks so pretty when you do it right! I have tried it before, but it didn't hold very well.