PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Bird Droppings

areias
08-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Any tips for getting old bird droppings off the side of the cage? :D Have you ever tried any of the products that are made specifically for that? Has anything worked for you?

Tips greatly appreciated, and my back and hands thank you.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-21-2006, 07:06 AM
I take the cage bottoms outside every month or so and hose them down. I take the whole cage outside when they need it, my cockatiels are the ones who most often poop on the side bars. I use Simple Green (http://consumer.simplegreen.com/index.php) and it comes off really well. If it's really stuck on I'll gently rub a scouring pad over it. I never spray anything near the birds, I always leave the birds inside when I take the cage outside to clean it.

Logan
08-21-2006, 10:26 AM
I use "poop off" for the stuff that won't come off with regular washing. It works very well. I buy mine at Petsmart. It is not cheap, but it works!

Logan

Argranade
08-21-2006, 10:55 AM
I dont use anything from the store.

When the poops get old and hard on somthing I just grab some hot water and scrub it off also I use vinager it takes away any smells and kills the bacteria.

Watch you dont leave any drips of those bird cleaners for your pet birds to get at it can make em sick.