PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Help Catnapper? Please read...(UPDATE)

Catty1
08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Catnapper has been through a robbery, bad health, daughter staying with them as a single mom going to school and the baby's dad not paying a dime...

Jen tells me that Nicki, the doggie, is doing well. The fatty lump has vanished!

HOWEVER, her youngest broke her ankle today (this just in), so there go the doctor's bills!

Thanks to Dukedogsmom for suggesting donations to Nicki's vet. I am getting the information and will let you know.

I PM'd a few people about helping her(from the baby shower thread!). Catnapper received some of the cards today, and was just blown away!

Bless all of you whether or not you can help.

If you weren't PM'd and want to help, please PM me for her address.

Thanks everyone!

Catty1

slleipnir
08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I really want to help...but I don't have a lot of money to begin with...if I could use paypal maybe I could help a little, but money orders are just so expensive....

jenluckenbach
08-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I really want to help...but I don't have a lot of money to begin with...if I could use paypal maybe I could help a little, but money orders are just so expensive....
HOW SWEET! Bless those who give, even when they themselves are in need.

With that said, PM catnapper, she may have a paypal account (I do not know) But I DO and if she does not, I would be happy to serve as a go between.

I handed Kim my own card/gift and 2 others today and she can't believe how people want to help. She admits to whining a lot lately (and even went so far as to feel bad about that, figuring people are tired of hearing it) but sometimes venting is the only way to ease stress that cannot be relieved in any other way.

I am so proud to call the people of this community.....FRIENDS

dukedogsmom
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Paypal is a great idea! I'll be able to do something in a few weeks.

catnapper
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh goodness! I am truly blessed! I just returned with the girls and hubby from a family reunion. It felt like a truly special night -- the family all together (several generations, many flew in from the South) and then the sunset.... wow. Then I come home ot this wonderful thread.

I don't know what I would do without my PT lifeline.

I am going on record that I TRULY and DEEPLY appreciate this. This was indeed a HUGE surprise today. I had no idea PTers were whispering behind my back planning such a wonderful thing. ((HUGS)) First my mom and son come through to buy me my camera and its accessories for my early birthday present, then this. Ya know what, its overwhelming!!!

I applogise for all my whining and griping lately. Its been entirely too much stuff thrown at me all at once. I know we all have problems in life, this shall pass, and when I'm back on my feet that I'll be able to pass along the love to the next person. I do intend to repay each and every person who helps me in my own way. A custom tailored thank you to each person who is so selfless to help my family.

As for Heather -- we're not sure her ankle is broken just yet. She's able to put pressure on it today but has it wrapped tightly and is using crutches. We'll take her to the doctor's tomorrow ($20 copay for regular office visit vs. $150 emergency room copay) She's in no immediate pain, no serious swelling... a family friend who's a sports therapist looked at it in the meantime and agreed we could wait - thats good news, right? She's been having problems with that ankle for a few weeks now and really wiped it out in a soccer game this weekend. Heather's big complaint about the whole thing? The crutches are hurting her arms! LOLOL

I took a long time to asnwer this thread. I honestly have no idea what to say or how to say it. I worried that I sounded insincere. Or I sounded too needy.... all I want everyone to know is that I'm touched to the bottom of my heart. I can't put my feelings into words. Its really amzing that PTers can come together like this. I will never forget this, and I will live life to return every single courtesy I can.

I made a needlework sampler when I was fresh out of college. It read:
I shall pass this way but once,
any good, therefore, that i can do,
or any kindness that I can show,
let me do it now,
for I shall not pass this way again

I have not looked at that needlework in years. I think I will dig it out of the attic tomorrow and hang it up in my office to remind me of this.

jenluckenbach
08-21-2006, 05:23 AM
ppppssstttttttttt.....you forgot to mention paypal! Do you have an account??

catnapper
08-21-2006, 09:01 AM
ppppssstttttttttt.....you forgot to mention paypal! Do you have an account??
Yes I do... I thought blatantly saying I did would sound greedy. I really, honestly do not want to appear like I'm begging for handouts. Thats not it at all. I intend to repay EVERYONE in my own way.