PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Series

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2002, 10:16 PM
We decided to wait for the rain to go away today before heading out on vacation so it was kind of a putzy day. I happened to have my camera on hand when Peanut decided to take a bath. So, seeing as it's kind of slow around here, I thought everyone might enjoy (?) this series of pictures of Peanut taking a bath. (And you're thinking "Boy, this has got to be a slow weekend when Debbie takes pictures of Peanut taking a bath, and it's gotta be an even slower weekend because I'm sitting here looking a them!" ;) )

Ok, here they are. Step one, lift that leg high and start getting into it.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p8f93673436cac64c98708ba5183027e4/fdb4ed46.jpg

Step two, dig a little deeper. (ok, I know I'm putting Peanut up for Matyr of the Month with these shots, but what they hey.)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pe52ff419bc11602ec25e18ba91d077e0/fdb4ed44.jpg

Step three, "Moooommm....puh leaze!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pb97aca79be2caa811c8bcc4a7498ab72/fdb4ed43.jpg

Step four, don't let that tail get out of hand!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p66766c707843102be9b20b4453a8eca5/fdb4ed42.jpg

Step five, "If mom insists on taking pictures, I'm going to show off one of the spots that I licked clean." The hair is starting to grow back but still has a ways to go.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p8e9c0e6215dff25bc7f9dcbd2d9c5888/fdb4ed41.jpg

Step six, time to get that final cootie that's been tickling my leg.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pa4163e93a069c03e18892d3cd741879e/fdb4ed3e.jpg

And finally, step seven. "Whew, now I'm clean I can roll over and look cute."
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pc19115212de71798f9eef40a9930b8cb/fdb4ed3d.jpg

Now she's all clean and sitting on my lap as I type this. Hope you enjoy!

noahmason
05-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Peanut is so adorable!!! I love that last pic with her laying down, looking all cute :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2002, 12:53 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures Debbie. Peanut is gorgeous. My favorite is the last picture too.:D

Ann
05-26-2002, 03:07 AM
LOL, those are great!! :D

My absolute favorites were the third and the last!!

Thanks for sharing, I loved them :)

koxka
05-26-2002, 04:04 AM
Great pictures!My favourites are de third and the
last,she looks so relaxed! What a beautiful girl!
Thank you for sharing! I downloaded all the series

Koxka

toughCookie
05-26-2002, 04:37 AM
one big ball of fluffy fur!! she is SO cute!

Muffin does that (as all cats I'm sure).. put her leg in the air and start licking,LOL. I tried to tell her it's not ladylike but she said she didn't care!

Peanut is a beautiful cat! I am really starting to like the long hair, fluffy cats more and more now! Emma and Louise are very short hair, and Louise still has the big ear look, you know how kitties look til they "grow into" their ears? it's really cute!
and they are still all legs! Emma weighs slightly more than Louise, Lu is still pretty petite looking, but from her appetite I don't know how she stays like that!

anyway, Peanut is adorable!:)

anna_66
05-26-2002, 07:16 AM
Those were wonderful pics Debbie! I too love the last one, just laying there looking content!

C.C.'s Mom
05-26-2002, 07:24 AM
This is soooo cute! Thank you for sharing those adoring pictures. I love the last one where Peanut is looking cute.

Pam
05-26-2002, 07:51 AM
Oh my, Trevor is just smitten with Peanut and her long glorious hair. He immediately went to work to tidy himself up so that I could send his photo along to her. Andy, in the photo also, feels that swapping pictures bathing is not proper (you can sort of see the look of disdain on his face!) :D

sasvermont
05-26-2002, 08:38 AM
Great photos you guys. I wish my two would sit still long enough for me to snap a pic of them. Every time I get up to take a pic, they think its time to play and they start running around like little fools. They usually sleep in dark areas of the house so when they are still, they are hidden. Oh well. Maybe when they get a little older, they will calm down. RIGHT!:eek:

tuxluvr
05-26-2002, 09:57 AM
Oh, pretty Peanut! How agile! Ritzy has to cram herself into the corner of a couch to get to those, ahem, "places" because if she tries to do it on a flat surface she just ends up rolling over :rolleyes:

Perhaps Peanut should start her own Grooming Stretchersize Video - a certain hit!

Gio
05-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Great pics. Peanut is a beauty!

Randi
05-26-2002, 11:08 AM
What beautiful bathing pictures! My favourites are "Step 4 and the last one, where she looks so content! :D

.... and Trevor and Andy looks gorgeous too! ;) More pics, please!

05-27-2002, 03:54 AM
oh great pics !!! nr.4 is my favourite !
Debbie , would not't it be a prefect idea to open a thread called :ssst !!My cat is busy grooming .....!!:rolleyes:

Please do ! Lots of us will reply and have a good laugh !! I do not have a similar picture of my Sydney yet , but I have my camera ready !!!!!!!!!;) :p ;) :D

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2002, 10:04 AM
Thanks everybody, for all the wonderful comments. I see that I goofed and the first and second pictures are the same ones. I'll have to correct that tonight when I get home. That last picture is one of her favorite positions. For some reason we must all look better upsidedown. :rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Oh my, Trevor is just smitten with Peanut and her long glorious hair. He immediately went to work to tidy himself up so that I could send his photo along to her. Andy, in the photo also, feels that swapping pictures bathing is not proper (you can sort of see the look of disdain on his face!) :D

Oh, oh, is this another budding kitty romance? LOL :D I have to admit that I don't understand everything about cats, but I have to agree with Andy that swapping bathing pictures is kind of a strange courting ritual. But as long as it works for the kitties, who am I to judge. ;) :) I'll be sure and show Peanut Trevor's picture when I get home. She has taken to laying on my lap when I'm on the computer, so I'm sure she won't miss it. :)

tuxluvr
05-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
...That last picture is one of her favorite positions. For some reason we must all look better upsidedown. :rolleyes: :D

ROtFL
I'm beginning to think that about Ritz - she spends so much time rolled over upside down looking at us - it's her favorite position these days. Maybe I'll try it - the world may look better to me too :D

AmberLee
05-28-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
...I see that I goofed and the first and second pictures are the same ones. ...

What a relief. I've stared and stared trying to spot the subtle difference between the poses. Unfortunately, :o I thought I found one. :eek: :( I'm dippier than I thought! I look forward to seeing the new photo, though.

Freckles
05-28-2002, 11:01 AM
Lut, here is a recent bunch of grooming kitties.
cleaning up (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9087&highlight=fastidious)

tatsxxx11
05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Love the pic. of Tubby in the ballet tootsie pose!:D ALL of them are precious!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

What a relief. I've stared and stared trying to spot the subtle difference between the poses. Unfortunately, :o I thought I found one. :eek: :( I'm dippier than I thought! I look forward to seeing the new photo, though.

Sorry 'bout that AmberLee. Since the pictures didn't fit all on one screen, I guess I missed it before, and I can see how you might have thought you saw some differences flipping back and forth between screens. But I fixed it now, so hopefully you'll be able to see some differences now. If not, maybe we should start worrying about you. ;) :D :)

Tuxluvr, that is so funny about Ritzy have to get herself in a corner otherwise she'd would just roll over. I've seen cats do that so I just broke out laughing when I read that. And Peanut says she'll have to talk to her agent about a stretchersize video. Thought it might be a good idea, but wasn't sure what her agent would think. She says she'll have her people get back to you about it. ;) :)

And Pam. Peanut was up on my lap as I scrolled through the pictures. After I brought Trevor's picture up, she looked at it, jumped down, and is now looking at me upside down again. I have no idea what that means, but maybe Trevor will. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-28-2002, 09:57 PM
AWWWWW
Peanut is so beautiful.... her markings are just so pretty. I love her fluffy lettle self. And I just love her face in the fourth picture she looks so danty and lady like :) . But of course my favorite picture is the last one. I could just dive right into the screen to hug her. Too bad I don't live closer or I would beg you to let me cat sit while you guys are out in the motorhome.;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
Too bad I don't live closer or I would beg you to let me cat sit while you guys are out in the motorhome.;)

Aww, gee Sara. Thanks for that wonderful thought. I know Tubby and Peanut would just adore having you visit them while we're gone - or anytime for that matter. :) Unfortunately I have to agree that Georgia is a tad too far to come and pet-sit for them. The commute would be a killer. :( :) ;)

Speaking of pet-sitting, I think I have to get off this computer and go find out just what they are up to. Somehow it's just a little too quiet around here. :rolleyes:

wolflady
05-28-2002, 11:24 PM
LOL LOL ROTFL!!!! :D :D :D That was just too too cute AND funny! I was rollin'! What a precious precious cat Peanut is! How cuddly she looks, even if she looked a bit annoyed in a couple of those pics! LOL :D I want to smother my face in her fur! LOL Give her some little head scritchies and treats for me! Don't forget to give her a nice long belly rub too! Glad to see the fur is growing in nicely!;)

**hugs**