PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO ! @ trial

GreyhoundGirl
08-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Jenny and I did really well in our agility competition today. :)

I was so amazed that she did all 12 weaves in the standard, usually she will only do them if there are 6. Or off-set. This is the first time she did 12 straight weaves. I almost hugged her in the ring, I was so happy. :D

I figured I'd better not, though, or I would get disqualified for touching her. It was so hard to resist, though. She went through them slowly, but accuratly, which is good because it gave me a chance to catch up with her. ) When she did all 12 weaves, my whole club ( that was there ) cheered, because I've been working on straight weaves for over 2 years. She finally did it, YAY !!!! She just thought she was so perfect because after the remaining jump and tunnel were compleated. My mom, my club and I all showered her in praise. She lapped it all up for about half an hour. Untill she retired to her crate.

It was sorta annoying because she peed in the ring. The first time she's ever done that. I blame myself, the dog in front of me ran off-course, so I didn't get a chance to take her for a pee-break. I should have left the tent earlier.

Surprisingly, the judge ( a VERY nice person ) let me run anyways. :) Jen did really well, but I didn't. It was raining, and the grass was very slippery. I slipped and fell into the box. ( gambling box that isn't to be stepped in. )

Because of the rain, all the obstacles were wet. Jen fell of the teeter in snookers. :eek: Her leg just slipped out from under her. Being off-balanced, she went tumbling off the teeter and onto the ground. Luckily, she got right back up and wasn't scared of the teeter ( I was VERY relived, she already got caught in the chute at practise, so I think she might be scared of that. :( Because of the rain, all the chutes were replaced with tunnels. So I don't know for sure. )

The ( VERY ) nice judge didn't give any faults for Jenny falling off, because she could tell it was very slippery. :)

Jenny got a ribbon in every event. :D She got a 4th in gamblers. ( my fault she didn't do better :o ) a 2nd in snookers. And, ( best of all ) a 1st in standard. ( probably partially because she actually did her weaves properly :) )

I could go on about this day for hours, but I think I'd bore most of you out of your mind. So I guess that'll be all.... For now. ;)

P.S. There would have been a lot more happy faces, but I put in too many.

GreyhoundGirl
08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
P.S.S. I just had to share my happyness. ;)

Danegirl2208
08-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Thats so wonderful! Congrats to you & Jenny!! I'd love to see pics if you took any!

CathyBogart
08-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Aww, congrats to both of you! Good job Jenny! ^_^

GreyhoundGirl
08-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I thought someone might bring that up. No action shots. :( I'll take some now of her with her ribbons. I'll try to load "em tommaro.