PDA

View Full Version : Music DL

CatLuvrs
08-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Where is a good place to download music? What is your fav. place to do that? :D Sorry I am full of questions lately.

kitten645
08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Itunes works best for me. I've yet to go look for a song, no matter how obscure or old and not found it. :cool:

RedHedd
08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I use RealPlayer, but only because it's the application that works with my Palm (MP3) player.

joanofark
08-20-2006, 11:33 AM
We just bought some napster cards. It's 99 cents for any song. :) It works pretty good!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
I use limewire.

Jadapit
08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
My hubby uses Walmarts site a lot to download music. My son uses I Tunes. My son has so many songs on this computer. ;)

Toby's my baby
08-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I use LimeWire. Works great for me, and its free!

Jessika
08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I use limewire as well :)

Almita
08-20-2006, 02:50 PM
yes i use limewire also.

Danegirl2208
08-20-2006, 02:57 PM
i use itunes .i use to use kazza but it screwed up my computer and it crashed :mad:

Jessika
08-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Ugh I HATED Kazaa! I got so many viruses and such when I used it. That's why I love Limewire :)

Danegirl2208
08-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Ugh I HATED Kazaa! I got so many viruses and such when I used it. That's why I love Limewire :)

so limewire is much better than kazza? I'll have to check it out, will it work for my ipod??

Jessika
08-20-2006, 04:37 PM
so limewire is much better than kazza? I'll have to check it out, will it work for my ipod??
As in downloading music for your ipod or transferring music to your ipod? I have no clue, I actually really hate ipods lol I have a creative zen but we use the software that came with it to transfer files to ours'.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I heard, correct me if I'm wrong, that limewire is apparently illegal? I also heard it can mess up your computer... not sure again. I use Itunes. Works great for me, and it's easy!

Jessika
08-20-2006, 08:25 PM
I heard, correct me if I'm wrong, that limewire is apparently illegal? I also heard it can mess up your computer... not sure again. I use Itunes. Works great for me, and it's easy!
Limewire is not illegal; p2p filesharing networks are not illegal. :)

And the only reason it would be able to mess up your computer is if you download a virus. That is why you shouldn't download .exe files :)

Almita
08-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Limewire is not illegal; p2p filesharing networks are not illegal. :)

And the only reason it would be able to mess up your computer is if you download a virus. That is why you shouldn't download .exe files :)

thanks for the info just in case since i have limewire also and i haven't gotten a virus but i should look out for those. and yes limewire is not illegal.

Alysser
08-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I hate limewire, but I use it occasionally. Limewire gave this computer a virus. Luckily, my dad fixed it before the virus got to bad so my computer didn't crash or the like. I use it occasionally, like I said earlier, because it's free. But my parents prefer me not using it at all, so I only use it sparingly.

dukedogsmom
08-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I had been using WinMX but Limewire is so much better! I just downloaded and and am already finding great stuff.

Hmmmm just saw the note above me. So, I'm running Adware and Spybot before I use it any more. I think I'll run it every time I use Limewire, just to make sure.

Iilo
08-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Limewire itself is not illegal, but downloading COPYWRITED music from it is.

I pay for my music and support my musicans. Any music I download comes from itunes.

Jessika
08-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Limewire itself is not illegal, but downloading COPYWRITED music from it is.

I pay for my music and support my musicans. Any music I download comes from itunes.
Actually sharing files on a p2p network is not illegal. That's the loophole :)

And paying for your music or buying CDs, you are NOT supporting your musicians. You are supporting the record companies. If you want to support yoru musicians then buy band merchandise because the band sees a MUCH higher profit from selling merchandise than record sales (most sales from record sales go straight back to the record company).

Vette
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
I use limewire.

Same here.

LimeWire is my life-line

Iilo
08-22-2006, 11:47 PM
As last I understood it, p2p networks (gnutella, in particular) have been very controversial AND illegal.

I purchase merch AND CDs at shows usually. Profit goes straight to the band rather than through any retail store. And I'm sorry, but the small % that goes to the musicians when I purchase through itunes (which is a rarity) is more than the 0 credit, respect, or money (so they can CONTINUE to make music you enjoy) you give them through downloading on p2p networks.

Thanks but no thanks.