PDA

View Full Version : Just an observation.

jenluckenbach
08-20-2006, 05:20 AM
When people title a thread with a user's name (ex. Pictures of Buffy for JenLuckenbach) I feel reluctant to open and look at the thread. :o It makes me feel like it is for that person and the rest of us should mind our own business. Even though deep down I know that it would not be posted on the forum if it were not for everyone, I still feel somewhat slighted that it was posted for THAT person and not for all of us. :(

I know many people would just say "Don't be so sensitive", but this is how I feel and wonder if I am the only person who feels this way?

Killearn Kitties
08-20-2006, 05:44 AM
:D Actually I sometimes feel that it is designed to make more people look at it. You know, like coming across something that you are not supposed to see, you just have to look!

Ginger's Mom
08-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Nope, don't feel bad at all. I know that they just want to make sure that person opens that thread even though they may be in a hurry. I guess someone could PM another PTer and ask them to check out a particular thread (never thought about that before).

Karen
08-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't mind if it is a "Karen your PM box is full" kind of thread that cannot be sent via PM, but other than that I tend not to open them as I figure it is not meant for me!

Freckles
08-20-2006, 11:09 AM
If I can tell there are pictures or videos, I look!
But just text, no.

CatLuvrs
08-20-2006, 11:11 AM
If I can tell there are pictures or videos, I look!
But just text, no.

I do this too!

luvofallhorses
08-21-2006, 05:09 PM
what if they are trying to make a person feel better if they are down? :)

G535
08-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Haha, can't help myself, I look! Might miss out on a cat photo if I didn't. :)

jenluckenbach
08-21-2006, 07:22 PM
what if they are trying to make a person feel better if they are down? :)
A perfectly wonderful explaination. :)

GreyhoundGirl
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
I look at them as I normally would. I usually figure that they might have said the name because they thought that person in particular might like it. Just to get that persons attention. Like "Pit troubles: Jadapit, I want your opinion" That sort of thing I would look at anyways. ;)

cloverfdx
08-22-2006, 08:28 AM
If the photos were not meant to be seen by everyone then they would have been emailed.. well thats how i see it ;).