PDA

View Full Version : Sue happy

sparks19
08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Seems we are very Sue happy these days. Does anyone else think it is getting out of control?

I have been seeing on the news lately that people are trying to sue fast food places because they are obese. UM WHAT :eek: ?! Doesn't anyone find this a little over the top. What happened to personal responsibility. I don't recall McDonalds forcing their food down our throats and forcing us to eat it.

A lady is trying to sue my dad right now because his truck broke down on the side of the highway (he works for a printing company and he does the shipping) He had his orange cones out behind the truck and him and another fella who stopped to help him were trying to figure out what was wrong. All of a sudden a lady in a Tiburon came speeding up and talking on her cell phone and slammed into the back of my dads truck. if she hadn't hit the wheels of the truck she would be dead, it would have ripped the roof right off the car. Now she is trying to sue him. :eek:

Karen
08-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Is she also sueing her cell phone company? And the orange cone manufacturer?

Sheesh! I hope the judge not only laughs at her, but makes her pay all damages and court costs.

sparks19
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Is she also sueing her cell phone company? And the orange cone manufacturer?

Sheesh! I hope the judge not only laughs at her, but makes her pay all damages and court costs.

Ya no kidding. I was appalled when my dad received the papers from her lawyer. you know what it is? it's because it was a truck. Trucks are the #1 cause of accidents on the road (of course my dad doesn't drive a transport but it is a fairly large truck) He has a clean driving record as well. But I'm sure she saw it was a truck and though CHING CHING, figured she could get lots of money for it.

it has been going on for 2 years now. nothing has happened yet. No court date or anything yet so I don't k now what exactly is going on but I hope she either comes to her senses or what you suggested, pay all the damages and court costs.

kuhio98
08-19-2006, 01:18 PM
To me it's because people don't accept personal responsibility for their own actions anymore. They are always busy looking for someone else to blame.

RICHARD
08-19-2006, 01:24 PM
That is an easy one.

Tell your dad to sue her for 'operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of a cell phone".

If it goes to court, have your dad's lawyer get the biatch's phone records, then look up all the data that says people suck when they drive and phone at the same time.

DJFyrewolf36
08-20-2006, 02:19 AM
That is an easy one.

Tell your dad to sue her for 'operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of a cell phone".

If it goes to court, have your dad's lawyer get the biatch's phone records, then look up all the data that says people suck when they drive and phone at the same time.

Indeed! Sometimes I wish idiocy was punished

Laura's Babies
08-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I am with Richard on what he said...

She WAS driving under the influence.... of a cell phone....

sparks19
08-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh yeah my dad is going to counter sue her of course, but I am flabbergasted that she would even consider trying to sue him. When did it become a law that if you are stupid you can sue anyone who gets in the way of your stupidity?

ylrebmik
08-21-2006, 11:56 AM
People are greedy. They take things for granted and turn things to their advantage. Yes, they need excuses and they need to blame someone else. Because humans are very ignorant and in denial. That lady should be fined for driving while on a cell phone, causing an accident, causing unnessisary court dates, and being completly ignorant.