PDA

View Full Version : Is this fate? Or am I stupid?

catnapper
08-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Don't answer the stupid question~! :p

I saw Angel's adoptive parents last night. They were telling me just how well she's doing.. I listened to a hundred stories about how loving and wonderful she is. With each story I missed her a little more. Even though I KNOW she went to the absoulte right home, my dull ache opened up and I miss her as much as I did when she left last Christmas. I still haven't deleted her photos off Photobucket because I still consider her MY girl.

Guess what plea from the rescue came to my e-mail inbox this morning? apparently her "twin" appeared at the shelter last night and needs an immediate foster home.

I am so tempted. I know that if he/she comes here he/she won't be leaving because he/she will be a replacement for Angel. The rescue knows that too... and they are probably jumping up and down with glee.

Ugh, I can't afford another cat! Yes, I can afford food and love, but not the vet care, ESPECIALLY not the vet care for what its going ot do to Pouncer.

Oh man, what to do? Hopefully someone else will come along and snatch this beauty up and I don't have to stress about it. But I WANT HIM/HER. Its only 6 weeks old, like Angel was when she came here a year ago. Fate?

Catty1
08-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Oh dear. Maybe this twin is meant to come through you to someone else. Maybe someone who lost their furbaby recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if your husband runs into someone at work who is looking for a baby.

HUGS and prayers!

Sevaede
08-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Go on. You can do it! :D *nudges*

Who knows, maybe you'll find a home for this little beebee in a heart beat!

Come on, Kim, we're rooting for you! :D

kuhio98
08-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Everybody feel free to boo me ~ but I vote no. You have so much stress in your life right now with work, finances, home repairs, health issues, kids, grandchildren, etc. A new kitty in the house could push you over the edge. Let someone else step up the to plate. It will be good for them.

If your health or home fails, lots of kitties would be in trouble. Take care of what you've got first. Then, you can always make room for another.

Do you ever watch/read Suze Orman? Her motto is "People first, then money, then things." Now (of course) I put cats into the people category -- probably not what she's thinking -- but now is the time to get yourself and your family back on stable footing.

catnapper
08-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Everybody feel free to boo me ~ but I vote no. You have so much stress in your life right now with work, finances, home repairs, health issues, kids, grandchildren, etc. A new kitty in the house could push you over the edge. Let someone else step up the to plate. It will be good for them.

If your health or home fails, lots of kitties would be in trouble. Take care of what you've got first. Then, you can always make room for another.

Do you ever watch/read Suze Orman? Her motto is "People first, then money, then things." Now (of course) I put cats into the people category -- probably not what she's thinking -- but now is the time to get yourself and your family back on stable footing.
*kiss* ah, the voice of reason! :)

I needed to hear that! I WANT him/her, my heart is crying out but my mind is saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GreyhoundGirl
08-19-2006, 09:21 AM
I have to agree with kuhio, It would be nice for you to give this new furbaby a home. But if you got into $ troubles, all your furkids might be in trouble. what If this cat needs surgey all of a sudden? Anything could happen. Tell everyone you know, though and lets see if we can get this baby a home.

Best of luck ! :)

Laura's Babies
08-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Just a question... if you foster her, would the shelter pay for her vet bills?

jazzcat
08-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Just a question... if you foster her, would the shelter pay for her vet bills?

I bet they will but Kim will have to deal with Pouncer getting upset and sick and those vet bills on her own.

Kim - I can totally relate because I have kitten fever very badly but I know the stress of an addition will make Ripley very sick and as much as I would love to save another life and have a kitten here I can't do that to Ripley or to Richard and myself. You and I have sensitive boys who can't handle the change and stress of new cats.

I have to agree with Kuhio. Think of the big picture with all you have going on in your life right now and try to make your decision based on that. I think keeping the status quo will be easier. I know in my case it is.

Grace
08-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I also agree with Kuhio. There are those times when you need to listen to your head, not your heart. And think of poor Pouncer.

jenluckenbach
08-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Forget it Kim, no one is going to give you that cat! :p

And besides, it WON'T be Angel. Probably has a totally 100% different temperament.

kimlovescats
08-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I have to also agree with Kuhio on this, Kim. I am very concerned about your house repairs considering your other financial problems right now. Hang in there, in time things will get better ... but in the meantime you know that I am only a phone call away! ;)

HUGS,
Kim

rg_girlca
08-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry Kim but I also couldn't agree more with what Kuhio said.

In due time my dear.

catmandu
08-19-2006, 05:37 PM
My Dear Mother told me, Son you cant save them all.
I wonder what shes thinking now with the 12 Found Cats.
I would let someone adopt that Kitten, as they go quickly.