PDA

View Full Version : Baby Cardinals Are Coming!

tatsxxx11
05-25-2002, 02:53 PM
I'm so excited! Last week I discovered a bird's nest in my climbing roses next to my barn door...right at eye level! I scared the mama a few days ago when I slammed the door. Suddenly I felt a bird fly by my face and looked up to discover the "nursery!":) I quickly peeked in and saw 4 little eggs pale green eggs! I read that they are "on the nest" for about 2 weeks, so it must be close to hatching time. Every day I'm checking to see if they are peeking their little heads out! And what a good mom she is. I have never once seen her leave the nest since that day! I hope papa bird is delivering her "take out!":D Being a mom is tough work!!

Heather Wallace
05-25-2002, 02:56 PM
I am so jealous of you Sandra, I have never seen baby birds before, can you take some pics for me to look at? Hope so.

tatsxxx11
05-25-2002, 03:14 PM
I hope there will be enough light! I sure am going to try. I think the flash would frighten them or hurt there eyes, so we'll see how they come out! Thanks Heather!

Heather Wallace
05-25-2002, 05:16 PM
Yes that would be lovely, hope they don't get frightened, suppose if there eyes are still closed it would be ok.

tatsxxx11
05-25-2002, 06:15 PM
You're so sweet Heather!!!!:) Hugs to ALL of your minions from me! You're such a good furry, feathered, caretaker of all things living!:D

AmberLee
05-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Congratulations! If it's not too disruptive, a photo would be nice.

I still have happy memories of the summer we had a series of mourning doves nesting on our balcony! I named the boldest nestling "Percher". I wonder whatever happened to the photo I had of Percher? What happy memories you've brought back to me with this post, Sandra! Thanks.