PDA

View Full Version : The miracle of statin drugs!

Laura's Babies
08-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Statins are suppose to be the miracle drug of today and their makers and doctors are pushing them on everyone, even the healthy, people with low cholesterol, and it has even been approved for children.

After being on a statin drug for about 6 years, I can tell you, the miracle happens when you discover what it has done to you and your life as you knew it and get off the stuff. My own personal experience was shocking to me. The whole time I was on the stuff, I had an assortment of ailments and problems that I assumed was old age creeping up on me. Alarm bells went off when it started effecting my memory and I was living in a fog like state. I wondered and wondered what was going on, I was getting old but I was far to young to be getting like that. My mother was in her 80's when she died and she was not in that kind of shape so why was I? I really was afraid I would not be able to work much longer and how would I live without a job?

About 7 weeks ago, I got off the drug and I am here to tell you, I did not realize how much of my life that stuff had stolen from me. It has been a very eye opening experience and had I not experienced it myself, I would not have believed it. All the aches, pains and ailments are gone... POOF.... GONE!
The fog like state I was living in is GONE! My memory is back, confusion GONE!
The biggest shocker of all was the energy. I had not realized that stuff had stolen my energy a little at a time until I hardly had any left and I had not realized it!!! It was like coming from the darkness into the light. It stole my energy, my confidence, my love for my job and my ability to do my job as good as it should have been done. It was a case of not realizing just how bad you feel until you feel better. Even the guys at work noticed the differance in me and wanted to know what I was on.... I had to tell them it was NOT what I was ON but what I was OFF of... Statin Drugs!

I warn anyone taking this drug to watch it, it will steal your life and you not even know it. If you aren't on the stuff, DON'T get on it, try the natural way and stay as you are, "normal!".

The truth is not being told about the stuff but it will come out one day. Side effects are worse than they say and the number of people suffering side effects are higher than they are reporting. It is taking healthy, productive people and ruining their lives, leaving them disabled and that was where I was headed if I had not wised up.The miracle happened for me when I got off of it!

To make my point here, I ask you to just remember the FDA's record over the years and the recalls on drugs they have approved.

JenBKR
08-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Wow that's a really scary experience! What exactly is a statin drug? What is is supposed to treat?

catnapper
08-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow that's a really scary experience! What exactly is a statin drug? What is is supposed to treat?
My thoughts exactly! Scary! but what is it supposed to treat?

Laura's Babies
08-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Cholesterol.... I was on Lipitor but there are more under different names made by different companies. It lowers cholesterol and by the way, every cell in your body NEEDS cholesterol so this "the lower the better" is a CROCK! I am wondering if that is why I suddenly started feeling better, my body now has the cholesterol it needs to function right.

Pam
08-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Statins are cholesterol-lowering drugs. My cholesterol was getting above what the doctor liked and he considered putting me on one. He told me to try to reduce it on my own by watching what I eat. I had also heard about Red Yeast Rice (available at any pharmacy, Walmart, etc. in capsule form) being good for lowering cholesterol. I began eating healthy (I read the label on everything I buy and also eat oatmeal daily) and taking Red Yeast Rice. I lowered my numbers so well that the doctor had nothing but praise and there is no longer a need to consider a drug to lower my cholesterol. He said he is hearing and reading good things about Red Yeast Rice. I encourage anyone to try what I did and see how you do. :)

Laura's Babies
08-18-2006, 01:52 PM
I am doing the Omega 3 fish oil and other natural ways... oatmeal every day, cinnamon, walnuts and a varity of other things that (are suppose to) equal out to taking 20mg of Lipitor.

Pam, I had went and bought the Red Yeast Rice then read on the web that it too is a statin and does the same things to you as Lipitor and other statins. Are you taking CoQ10, statins deplete your body of that and every cell needs that too.

Grace
08-18-2006, 02:06 PM
As my Diabetic Group says YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary.

I have been on Lipitor for 6 years, and do not regret it for one minute. I have had absolutely no difficulties because of the drug. And it has done everything it promised. My Cholesterol is WNL (within normal limits), my HDL is up, LDL down and triglycerides the best they have been in 10 years. I'm also excited to hear that statins may delay the onset of dementia in later years; excited because both my mother and grandmother had senile dementia.

Everyone is different, and everyone will react differently to a particular medication. You need to consult with your own physician about problems that may, or may not, be drug-related.

Please do not take either Laura's Babies, or my words as Gospel.

Pam
08-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I am doing the Omega 3 fish oil and other natural ways... oatmeal every day, cinnamon, walnuts and a varity of other things that (are suppose to) equal out to taking 20mg of Lipitor.

Pam, I had went and bought the Red Yeast Rice then read on the web that it too is a statin and does the same things to you as Lipitor and other statins. Are you taking CoQ10, statins deplete your body of that and every cell needs that too.

Laura, my doctor called it a *natural statin.* I have had no problems at all with it really that I have noticed. I also take the Omega fish oil and my brother has told me to begin COQ10 as he also takes it. It was recommended to him by his mother-in-law's doctor amazingly enough. I do believe that now more and more doctors are seeing the benefits of vitamins and supplements, but of course they still jump on the old drug bandwagon too. After all, they do get those tons of samples and perks from the drug reps. :rolleyes:

cyber-sibes
08-18-2006, 02:13 PM
i'm glad you posted this. my doctor wants me to go get my cholesterol checked, but I don't want to have to take drugs or anything. Will take up some of your suggestions.

Craftlady
08-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Hubby was on Lipitor and had no problems. With a major weight reduction and his diet change he no longer had to take it. He was border line and after all the changes the medication was no longer needed.

Several other family members are currently on a statin for several years now with no problems, only 1 had problems and once they were switched to another cholestral medication everything was fine.

Everyone is different and thus reacts differently. Speaking with ones doctor and pharmacist is the best advise, I can put out there for people. Also, if anyone does have problems to report them to their doctor.

moosmom
08-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Laura's Babies,

My OB-GYN put me on Lipitor. My cholesterol was 260. :eek: I was on it for 3 weeks and my joints ached to where I couldn't bend them! I had really bad abdominal pain too. I went off it and have never felt better. I refuse to take any medication that makes me feel worse than I already do. :(