PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Discover Pet Talk?

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I have always wondered !! :rolleyes:

How did you find this wonderful forum??

I found it by accident. My sister told me about a strange "monkey" in someones car. The owner of the monkey told her what "kind" it was, and , she forwarded an e-mail to me.

Yes, it was one from "Pet of the Day"--

I called her, telling her, Hey!!! There is also a Cat of the Day, and , A , Dog of the Day!!!!

Anyway, I used to just click onto, "Dog of the Day", (in my favorites :rolleyes: ) but, never clicked onto "Pet Talk" , UNTIL, My daughter -in-law , encouraged me to register!!!!

Oh well, the rest is History!!!!!! I am addicted !!!!!! :D

Riptide
08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I heard of it from a friend on another dog forum-type thing ^^ I was instantly addicted!

Chilli
08-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I honestly don't remember. :o
I think.. it might of been DOTD, and me submitting Ethan as an entry, maybe. Then finding the forums soon after.
I'm very unsure about that, though...

Karen
08-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Didn't "find" it, Paul and I "founded" it!

Danegirl2208
08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
On another forum (chaz i think), people were talking about all the forums they were involved with..someone posted pet talk, i clicked the link and that was that! I was instantly addicted :p

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Didn't "find" it, Paul and I "founded" it!
I Kneel and Thank God for that!!!! ;)

buttercup132
08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Just browsing dog breed pictures in google and I kept finding a bunch with a thing in the corner saying dog of the day
so being curious I ventured into the PT world.
And became a memeber:)

Danegirl2208
08-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I Kneel and Thank God for that!!!! ;)

me too :)

Catty1
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
It started a couple of years or so ago when my mom wanted a new home page for her computer.

I did a search on "Cat Pictures", and up came a picture of COTD - a wee kitten who had died very very young after being saved...she was SO cute!

That led to finding Cat of the Day, and Mom loves it.

It was a while before I ventured into Pet Talk...I remember Gary's vivid siggy and wondering just who this whole bunch was! :D

Just animal crazy people like me! :)

trayi52
08-17-2006, 07:08 PM
My sister Carollyn (amoore) told me about it. As soon as I visited, I joined that very day. It didn't take long for me to see that I loved this place and the people here.

Willie :)

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Ohhhhh, Catty1, what would Pet Talk be without YOU!!!! ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-17-2006, 07:12 PM
I was looking at Toller pictures a few years ago, and happened to come across one that was DOTD at some point. A few weeks later, I clicked the "talk about today's dog in Pet Talk" link and joined a while after that.

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 07:15 PM
My sister Carollyn (amoore) told me about it. As soon as I visited, I joined that very day. It didn't take long for me to see that I loved this place and the people here.

Willie :)
Oh , OH, Oh, Your response to this thread was so emotional for me!!

I do remember YOU, and Goucho, That Chihuahua dog!!!!(you still have that sig!!! Bless Your heart!!!

I have always wondered!!!!! :rolleyes: (Is it just me??)

Okay, is Pet Talk A Gift from "God"!!!! ( I think it is ;) )

cyber-sibes
08-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I found pet talk when a friend from the dogpark posted some pictures and a little story about my Rosie, who had just died after being hit by a truck. I was deeply touched by the kind words everyone put on that thread, even though no one knew me. This site was truly a comfort in a time of pain and despair for me.
Since then, I've been pretty regular reader and sometimes poster. I do feel especially blessed to live in a town where there are Pet Talk picnics several times a year. It is so cool to meet these dogs & people in person! Thanks, Paul & Karen!

Alysser
08-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I found it through google, some years back, when I was like 10. Since, the rules said you have to be 13 to legally join I chose to wait. I joined a day after my 13th birthday.

Jods
08-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I yahoo'd pet forums and this one came up!!

luvofallhorses
08-17-2006, 07:41 PM
on a google search for pet forums :)

GreyhoundGirl
08-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I typed in " dog" on google search and everyday I work my way through piles of sites, the odd time I find a good one. ;)

animal_rescue
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Hmmm I think it when I was going through yahoo dog pictures and I ran across a pic that had the dog of the day thing on it, so I kind looked it up and found this place!

k9krazee
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Somehow I found the DOTD sites (from google I think) and would look at them all every day. One day I was extremely bored and started actually looking more into the site and found the Pet Talk link that I never saw before. Entered, and joined!

Zippy
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
I found petoftheday looking on the internet for a pic of a slinder-billed conure.
Missy Lockie is her name.I went on this forum to see how it was and love it.

Craftlady
08-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I was looking for cat care information and came upon PT. :)

dogzr#1
08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
my mom made me folder containing lots of sites related to dogs. One of them was dog of the day. I looked at the dog pictures for a while and then decided to click all of the links on the side of the pictures. I found Pet Talk, lurked for a few days, joined and the rest is history.

chocolatepuppy
08-17-2006, 10:03 PM
My husband found DOTD and told me about it. I checked it everyday to see the new dog. Eventually I ventured onto the forum and wanted to ask a question so I joined. :D

Randi
08-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I was looking for cat sites and came across COTD. I logged on and read the story every day, until one day, I noticed PT. After 3 days of reading posts, I joined and have been addicted since. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I don't remember how I found POTD, but I visited POTD, DOTD, COTD everyday for a long time before signing up for PT.

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2006, 07:51 AM
I found it through a Google search on "cat pictures" or something like that. I had looked at COTD for a good couple of years but never explored the rest of the site, until my Mum's cat was honoured and I noticed the link to Pet Talk.

ramanth
08-18-2006, 08:09 AM
I was doing internet searches for sites where I could submit photos of Kia. :D

mruffruff
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I fell into it somehow. I started reading one of Phred's stories and got totally hooked.

Later I read some of the other threads and realized this was what I was looking for, even though I wasn't really looking!

Suki Wingy
08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I kept getting sent to DOTD and POTD in google image searches and one day I clicked the PT link and registered to comment on a really cute dog that was DOTD.

beeniesmom
08-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I googled Boston Terrier pictures one day and found it.
Gosh time flies. I've already been here over a year.

Roxyluvsme13
08-18-2006, 04:16 PM
I'd looked at the DOTD and COTD for a long time, when finally I got my own internet at home, went to the site, and registered. It seems like so long ago!

Corinna
08-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I fallowed a link of must see dailys from the old art bell show site. Lurked for almost a year until my son regestered me and well its been an addiction since.

lizbud
08-18-2006, 05:51 PM
It's been so long, I don't remember the day, but I was at work and had
some time to spare sooo I looked around for sites about animals & found
Dog of the day. I was hooked, but lurked a long time before I had the nerve
to join. I'm so glad that I did. :)

K9karen
08-18-2006, 11:59 PM
The English bloke who sat behind me at work (back to back), elbowed me one day with DOTD on his screen. He knew I loved animals, esp. dogs (yakkity yak..Cody this Cody that) and the rest is history!!!

My IV hasn't been shaken loose since!

Miss Z
08-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I had Pet of the Day os my homepage for about 2 years before I joined PT. It wasn't until Zsa-Zsa was Cat of the Day, that I actually took notice of that link which said 'Talk about today's cat in Pet Talk!' So, I clicked on it, and began to read the thread that had been made about Zsa-Zsa. I was so happy with all the lovely comments posted, and I realised that this place was full of animal-crazy people, just like me. So I joined, and since then the rest is history!

zoey
08-19-2006, 09:15 AM
I stumbled onto it accidentally, while surfing.
And I feel blessed to have found y'all. :)