PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

i_rescue
08-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone! I’m Adeline, but I do prefer being called Addie. I am 37 years old and currently looking into adopting a German Shepherd/Labrador, Isabel. I have a thoroughbred horse, Colby. Colby is an awesome horse. We keep him in tip top shape because I love going riding on him, and when I ride we have the urge to go fast ;)! My two calves, Bessie & Daisy, are great, too. Daisy has lighter spots and Bessie has darker spots. They have got to be two of the funniest & most entertaining cows ever! When I go to feed them Daisy will start bucking the air with joy, and while she’s bucking, she’ll run at the same time right to her food bowl. She’s the more independent one. Bessie is the calmer one and she follows me everywhere. I usually keep Daisy in the pasture but I don’t worry about Bessie “running off”. I let her out of the pasture all the time and she follows me around. They are going to grow up to be real good cows. Don’t worry! They’re definitely not slaughter cows. They’re my beloved pets. And who could forget my loved little bunny, Mica? She’s a very cooperative little girl. She loves being held and given kisses. Being a younger bunny, that’s pretty amazing. She’s already tamed and loves kids. She rarely squirms when she’s being held. Sometimes during the summer I give her to a camp and she stays at a petting farm. Maybe that’s why she’s so tame, because she’s around kids all the time. I have two kitties. They aren’t very tame :p. We found the younger one, Lucky, in the middle of the road on a rainy night. She still is a wild cat, but she lives in the warmth of our home. Karma came from our local pound, she’s older and tamer, but she doesn’t like being seen or lying out in the middle of the room like some cats do. She doesn’t mind being pet, but she acts like she’s wild and always hides under the bed. I’ll probably have some pictures up by Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks for reading my introduction and I hope to enjoy it here!

Zippy
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Welcome I am Nikki.I am owned by 2 cats and 3 fishies.All your pets sound great can't wait for pics :)

i_rescue
08-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Thank you for the welcome :)

dukedogsmom
08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Welcome! I'll look forward to seeing all your pics. I've got a horse, too. He's a 23 year old Arabian that I've had since he was 10 months old. I also have a dog and a cat. Cat was adopted from another member here. Your cows sound so cute! I've never seen a cow buck. I hope you like it here.

MajesticCollies
08-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey Addie,

I'm Tim and am owned by a bunch of collies. Glad to have you here. I also work through Tri State Collie Rescue with fostering and rehabilitating Collies. Enjoy the fun here.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/f1cf7e84.jpg

i_rescue
09-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I'm really enjoying it here so far. Please visit my board in Dog Breeds asking about a couple breeds of dogs.
Also, I live on lots of land and still may adopt the Lab/GSD but have not yet. I'm thinking about another dog from the pound, too :)

CatLuvrs
09-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Hello Addie! I am Michelle I am owned by 2 kitties and soon a mini dachshund and I have 2 fish! It is wonderful here! You will really enjoy it