PDA

View Full Version : Sick rescued kitty?

whitebuffalomemories
08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I had a kitten show up in my yard a couple of days ago. As I had appts. for kitten shots for two other kittens, I took this little guy along. The vet gave him a clean bill of health along with the other two and said all looked good. But, this little Siamese mix one seems to have a fever this afternoon. The vet said this sometimes happens with shots, just to keep an eye on him. He had distemper, feline leukemia, and dewormer. I take him back for the rest of his shots in 3-4 weeks. He just feels warm but has gotten up to be petted for a minute or two and lays back down. He has drunk water today, but doesn't seem to be too interested in food. Should I worry and how long should I wait before I insist the vet look at him again?

moosmom
08-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Just keep an eye on him. As long as he's eating, drinking and pooping, he'll bounce back. If there's any change, call the vet back.

Laura's Babies
08-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Samantha was like that for 2 days when I took her for her first round of shots. She was pretty malnourished when I got her and I really thought those shots were going to kill her, she was hot and didn't move for 2 days and cried when you touched her... Day 3 she bounced back and has been fine ever since. Hope this baby does as good as Samantha did.

jazzcat
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
The shots always wipe my guys out too. Like moosmom said just keep a close eye on him and if he worsens or doesn't improve in another day call the vet.

kimlovescats
08-17-2006, 05:28 PM
I agree with everyone else .... it's most likely those nasty shots! It can be very worrysome but as long as nothing gets any worse, he / she should be just fine! ;)

catmandu
08-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Kittens are pretty resilient, and she should be all right.
Are you keeping her?

rg_girlca
08-17-2006, 10:12 PM
As others have said, this is a normal reaction for most kitties after having their shots. Tomorrow will be a better day for him.