PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favourite...

sparks19
08-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Chore

What Chore do you hate to do more than anything else?

I HATE doing Laundry. I despise it lol. I'm lucky I have a hubby who will do the laundry or none of us would ever have clean clothes lol

Flatcoatluver
08-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I hate watering the plants, it's boring and I hate being in the garden and weeding.
I love washing cloths, because the spells of fresh cloths! :p

lv4dogs
08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Dishes, I would rather scrub dirty toilets than wash dishes. I don't know why I actually like to clean I just can't stand doing dishes.

kuhio98
08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I hate washing dishes. Luckily my husband doesn't mind doing them.

zoomer
08-17-2006, 02:38 PM
The Dishes & watering the plants. The dishes are boering and same with watering the plants.

sparks19
08-17-2006, 02:38 PM
LOL we have a dishwasher so I am lucky that way. I also hate to clean the shower. I have this wierd phobia about hairs and such lol so I hate the shower.

BOBS DAD
08-17-2006, 02:49 PM
LOL we have a dishwasher so I am lucky that way. I also hate to clean the shower. I have this wierd phobia about hairs and such lol so I hate the shower.

What's with women and HAIR in the SHOWER. I live in a house full of women, and they all have that same Phobia. They would never clean the drain... the tub would totally fill during a shower and they would call a plumber, before they reach down in that drain and pull out all those snagged, twisted and tangles of hairs that gather there. I have to do this twice a month to keep the drain flowing smoothly. Not really a big deal. Takes about 10 minutes (cause they are often tangles and twisted around the the drain screen.

What I don't get - you see, it is "all their hair"!!! They all have this long hair. I've got a buzz cut! LOL!

sparks19
08-17-2006, 02:53 PM
LOL Bob's dad

Mine is a little different. First of all, Wet hair is EW. But I just have this wierd thing about the shower, it's not even all the hair. When I have a shower it is 10 minutes long TOPS. i don't touch the walls, I don't touch the curtain, I try not to touch anything I don't have to. When I get out there has to be a fresh towel on the floor for me to step on (free of fluffies and hairs and strings) I can't stand it when my body is wet and something is on me(like string, hair, fluff, whatever). Mostly I hate things on my wet feet but I dislike it anywhere, even my hands if they are wet. :D

but yes my hubby hates pulling my hair out of the drain HAHA

k9krazee
08-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I LOVE doing dishes!! :D I blast the music as loud as humanly possible and have fun...the rest of the people in the house don't like it...but I do!

My least favorite would be doing laundry. I absolutely HATE it and wait until I have no clothes left and I HAVE to.

pitc9
08-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Running the weed-eater. Ugh... I hate it.
It's loud, heavy and I get flicked with all kinds of stuff!
I also hate pulling weeds.
(which I've been putting off for so long that I'm going to be paying BIG time for it!) :o

catnapper
08-17-2006, 03:00 PM
I actually love to do the laundry. Something very soothing in the repeative motion of folding and matching socks. I am very particular about my laundry too. I havea dream laundry and someday I'll get it -- all my 7 laundry baskets lined up neatly with everything white and shiny with good lighting. Sigh.

I hate the kitchen. I want nothing to do with it. I hate shopping for food, I hate cooking, I HATE cleaning up messy food. and I HATE cleaning out the fridge after leftovers turned into science experiments (but I did that today -- blech)

Chilli
08-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I hate cleaning the office.
Since my dad works on/fixes computers for a living, there are computer parts everywhere, and I'm paranoid that I'll put something where it isn't supposed to go...

But I do love to clean the kitchen! :D
I also love to do laundry... though I only know how to do the towels. :o

joanofark
08-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Erm... all of them? :p lol

I hate the vacume cleaner.... back and forth.... back anf forth making that annoying sound, lol. :p

Sevaede
08-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Wow, after reading everyones replies I realized how many more chores there are that I don't like! :D

I don't like doing tons of dishes, I hate folding the laundry (towels are okay. :p), I don't like cleaning the shower, and I cannot STAND sweeping floors.

beeniesmom
08-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Ugh, I hate sweeping the floors, but washing is ok.
I hate ironing but don't mind doing laundry.
I prefer to do the dishes than loading and unloading the dishwasher.... call me wierd.
I hate scrubbing the shower and toilets.... thank God hubby does it and says he doesn't mind. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't like any of them...but I guess the ones I hate the most would be:

- Sorting the laundry aswell as folding the laundry
- Unloading the dishwasher
- Dusting (especially high surfaces...I'm not tall enough!)
- Sweeping

sparks19
08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't mind dusting or vaccuuming and I kinda like cleaning the kitchen. I love when it is a big mess and then it is sparkling clean after :D

Of course, I don't like to do any chores if I can help it lol.

i do enjoy cooking though as of late, was never really interested in cooking until recently

OH OH OH

I won't mow the lawn. LOL THAT is hubby's job. I did it one day and I thought I was going to die haha
and I don't like changing the garbage. I don't know why but it's just so tedious lol

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
What's with women and HAIR in the SHOWER. I live in a house full of women, and they all have that same Phobia. They would never clean the drain... the tub would totally fill during a shower and they would call a plumber, before they reach down in that drain and pull out all those snagged, twisted and tangles of hairs that gather there. I have to do this twice a month to keep the drain flowing smoothly. Not really a big deal. Takes about 10 minutes (cause they are often tangles and twisted around the the drain screen.

What I don't get - you see, it is "all their hair"!!! They all have this long hair. I've got a buzz cut! LOL!
Oh, How I remember cleaning out the traps to the sink drains(double sink) and ditto for the tub drain!!!!

We(my husband and I) did all that dirty work when our kids lived at home, and , of course, all their friends came and used our bathroom before attending proms and football games!!!!

I don't miss that job!!!

But, I really hate cleaning out the fridge!!!! No reward there. Two hours later, you finially shut the door and the darn fridge looks the same to me!!! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-17-2006, 04:36 PM
But, I really hate cleaning out the fridge!!!! No reward there. Two hours later, you finially shut the door and the darn fridge looks the same to me!!! ;)

LOL!! I hatr that job too :rolleyes:
But what I hate the most is ironing..... :eek:

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
LOL!! I hatr that job too :rolleyes:
But what I hate the most is ironing..... :eek:
boy, You hit the nail on the head!!

My Mother taught me that it's a NO-NO to wear anything wrinkled!!!! (trampy)

Gee, Thanks MOM!!!!!!! I had to iron a pair of khaki slacks today, all because of you!!!(Oh, I did have a wonderful Mother ;) )

and, cleaning out the cup-boards!!!! Darn, she taught me to be way too clean!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Cleaning the kitty litter boxes!!!

My 4 cats can be real stinkers!!! :D

cyber-sibes
08-17-2006, 04:51 PM
LOL! my list of chores I don't like is growing....none of them are on my list of favorite things to do! I wait till they need to be done, then do them.

One thing I won't do is go out & bag up road kill in front of the house, or bag up critters when the dogs kill them. Fortunately, since I do ALL the poop-scooping around here, my husband will clean up the big stuff. I can handle the birds & mice, but not the rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, & possums. YUCK! (So, now, do you still think you want to have a husky or two?)

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 04:55 PM
:eek: Road Kill!!!!!!! I've Never done that one!!!!

Well, I did have to dispose of a woodchuck quite a few years ago that my in-laws dog killed and left in our back yard...... YUCK!!!

Poor YOU!!!!!!

lizbud
08-17-2006, 04:59 PM
and I don't like changing the garbage. I don't know why but it's just so tedious lol

What it the world is changing the garbage ? Why not get rid of it? :D

Only thing I really dislike is carrying in the groceries & putting them away.

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 05:05 PM
What it the world is changing the garbage ? Why not get rid of it? :D

Only thing I really dislike is carrying in the groceries & putting them away.
YES!!!!! I hate that!!!!

How about putting the silverware back into the silverware drawer!!!!

But, OHHH, those groceries!!!!!!!! :eek:

BitsyNaceyDog
08-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I think the only thing I really hate doing is cleaning the shower. At our old house we didn't have the best water softener so our shower would turn a bit orange. At the new house we don't yet have a softener at all (we are getting one, just don't have one yet) and our shower gets quite orange (much more than the old house). The orange combined with the hair...I hate cleaning it.

My favorite chore is probably doing laundry, though it wasn't always. I don't mind washing dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the toilets, cleaning cages, yard work, or most anything else.

luvofallhorses
08-17-2006, 07:43 PM
cleaning the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Jods
08-17-2006, 07:49 PM
the dishes!! I'm getting better though... I hate folding and putting away laundy too it tends to stay folded in the baskets :o

wolf_Q
08-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Without a doubt, MOWING THE LAWN. I think I would do just about any chore over that one. Our backyard is a hill so it's a major pain in the butt...

GreyhoundGirl
08-17-2006, 07:56 PM
VACCUMING !!!! ( after Jenny :rolleyes: )

AbbyMom
08-17-2006, 08:43 PM

EEK! EEK! EWWWW!! Now I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

:eek:

zoey
08-17-2006, 08:58 PM
cleaning the oven
cleaning out the refrigerator
vacuum cleaning

Catlady711
08-17-2006, 09:07 PM

In my case I clean the bathroom, hubby doesn't. But when he takes a shower he never cleans the hair outta the drain. I have TWO hair catches because he won't pull his hair out of it. Sometimes with his thinning hair I think he 'sheds' more than I do. lol :) Course he doesn't rinse out the sink after draining the dish water, just leaves the awful greasy mess there to sit and harden in the pipes and sink! ewwww :eek:

Roxyluvsme13
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Does homework count? :p

managemysite
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
I hate cleaning in general

Pembroke_Corgi
08-18-2006, 10:14 AM
I really hate the dishes. It used to be Eric's job, but now we have a dishwasher! :D (I love it!)
Now I don't like doing laundry because we don't have a washer/dryer at home and have to go to a laundromat. I hate waiting there, otherwise I don't mind that actual laundry part.

mruffruff
08-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Floors!

Sweeping, mopping, (and drying the laminate), vacuuming. And in an hour there are hair drifts all over again! I don't know whether to blame the cats or dogs :rolleyes:

Dusting is next to worst. Never seems to be done.

cocker_luva
08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
i absolutely hate doin the dishes and cleaning the kids upstairs bathroom.

Zippy
08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
I only like doing chores that animals related.

CathyBogart
08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Dishes. I'm wrestling with that right now actually, LoL. I'm cleaning the apartment and the only thing left that NEEDS doing is the dishes, and I just don't want to.

DBF will do the dishes if I leave them long enough, but he never squeezes out the sponge. (EEEW!) Actually, that's gonna be my excuse for not doing htem today, there's a three day old un-squeezed sponge in the sink buried under the dishes!

Anita Cholaine
08-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Definitely washing the dishes. I don't do it too often, cause I always try to avoid it...

My favourite: ironing! I think it is the only chore I don't mind doing (and actually enjoy :p)

Oggyflute
08-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Mowing the lawn. Which is why I hired a gardener. :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-19-2006, 01:31 AM
I actually love to clean - there isn't one chore that I hate. :eek:

Dorothy39
08-19-2006, 01:34 AM
I actually love to clean - there isn't one chore that I hate. :eek:
Do you do windows?? :D :D :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Do you do windows?? :D :D :D

Yes I do! I would be so bored if I didn't enjoy cleaning. I am home all day, so cleaning is my way of "having fun". I blast the music and clean the whole apartment. :D

ChrisH
08-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I hate it all! Really. It's never finished is it? Whatever it is it's always back there to do again tomorrow, the next day or, too soon!

Miss Z
08-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I despise dusting. Even when we don't seem to have much dust, my mum wants that area dusted. It's just so boring and I hate doing it. I also hate having to seperate all of our rubbish now we have all the different bins for different wastes and recyclable objects. Why does saving the planet have to be so labourious? :p

Catty1
08-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Phyllis Diller once said that cleaning the house while you still have children is like shovelling the sidewalk while it's still snowing! :D

HATE dishes...LOVE the laundry since the building got NEW MACHINES!

Vacuuming....er, yeah, SOMEONE has to do it...

I live alone, and any poor available guy is going to feel the "domestic chore" vibes a mile away! :eek: It's hopeless!

You know, the "honey-do" jar??? :)

Vette
08-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I hate doing the dishes,, but secertly like to vaccume

Daisy and Delilah
08-20-2006, 10:06 PM
I hate dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, pulling weeds, mowing the lawn, and if paying bills qualifies as a chore, it wins the prize, hands down!! ;)

I also hate balancing my checkbook :)

areias
08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I hate hate hate doing dishes. We have a dishwasher, but I hate putting them away too. :o Eck. I don't like dusting, and I don't like putting away my clothes. I don't mind folding or washing, but as far as putting them away, I'll throw them on my dresser and they'll sit there until I need them. :D

I don't really enjoy cleaning the bird cage either-I'm always afraid I'm going to make a mess dumping the tray out, and then there will be more work to do. And I can never get the side clean when bird crap has stuck all over, so it feels pointless. Maybe I'll post that in pet general...:D