PDA

View Full Version : Monty being so silly

catfamily
08-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Here is Monty.
I found him at a shelter coughing like an old man smoker(very loud cough).Accually I went there to pick up a different cat not knowing about Monty.My girlfriend Martha was with me and she kept going up to him patting him.So I talked to the manager and asked what was going on with him and she said his owner dropped him off 4-5 months prior and was about 3-4 years old and he had him since he was a kitten but he also said he was outdoors all the time.Said he ALWAYS wanted to go out.But the manager said that the guy was moving and couldn't keep him anymore.He was in his 20's and a party type guy and very rough looking.But Monty also had bloody stools on top of the loud deep cough.Of course in front of the air conditioner at the shelter too :rolleyes:
But he's been with me since July of 2003 and a very healthy Monty now.Oh by the way.The owner said his name was scitso.Or however you spell it. :rolleyes: The shelter changed it to scorpio.And I named him Monty.
Monty was devistated at missing his owner for so very long.I tried EVERYTHING to help him NOT be sad.It took him a good year to be happy.
He's so beautiful,and VERY demanding :D We love him so much.And...he never wants to go out since being with us.I wonder why? :) He follows Mike all over the house and they play tag and hide and seek :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/8-17-06monty1.jpg

zoomer
08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
They're adorable! I love Colby & his mushroom feet. Glad you rescued Monty! Welcome to PT.

catfamily
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I put this in the wrong section.ooops :D I was supose to put this in Cat General.Does anyone know how to slide this over?

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 02:17 PM
If you send Karen a private message, she will put this into Cat General!!!

But, I was glad to read it , just the same!!!! ;)

Someday, I'm going to get another cat!!!!! Those two are angels!!!!!

catfamily
08-17-2006, 02:39 PM
If you send Karen a private message, she will put this into Cat General!!!

But, I was glad to read it , just the same!!!! ;)

Someday, I'm going to get another cat!!!!! Those two are angels!!!!!
I sent her a private message thank You.It was worth meeting some doggy people anyway :D :D I use to own dogs.I love cats and dogs both the same :) But I have too many cats that were rescues and I would never add a dog to the bunch.It would be nice to have one again though someday.

buttercup132
08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
you just wanted another doggy so bad that you were looking in dog general seeing all our pups:D

k9krazee
08-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Aww! He's so cute!

CathyBogart
08-17-2006, 04:31 PM
He's darling, and he's so lucky you found him!

catlover4ever
08-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Monty, you are one lucky kitty, you have a wonderful forever home and you can be as silly as you want to be. :)

catmandu
08-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Now that is one Silly Cat, having the time of his life, I would use taht as a COTD Phhoto.
Hes so cute and crazy.

Laura's Babies
08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Monty is beautiful! It was great hearing his story, I never knew how you came to have him so reading his was interesting to me. They all have a story, some good, some bad.. I think it is so sad when they have a good home and someone to love then get dumped at a shelter for whatever reason. It really breaks their hearts and some get really depressed. I am not surprised that with you he has learned to trust and love again.... what else could he do with great humans to serve him like you and Mike?

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Monty is gorgeous! I'm so glad that you took him in and made him well and happy again. :D Please give him a little tummy rub from me?

jazzcat
08-18-2006, 11:25 AM
What a big handsome boy.

Thanks for sharing his story with us. I think most your guys have interesting stories and are lucky to have found you and Mike.

doolittleky
08-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Monty is very beautiful and luck to havefound you. What a silly pose he is in!
melissa

ShylanHal
08-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Monty is very cute! i luv him!
I hope he has many more happy and healthy years at your kittyhome

That is very cute, I'm glad he's more open now. ^_^ I love the little tufts of fur on his feetsies!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Monty sure is handsome and I'm glad that you found each other.:)

catfamily
08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Thank You all for the nice replys about Monty being his silly self.I really appreciate it.Monty does too ;) :D He's so lucky.The shelter was ready to send him off somewhere to a place to be put down back in 2003.The manager talked me into taking him.I'm so glad I did.His personality is so wide,it's great :) .I still can't believe his owner dropped him just like that.But I'm glad he brought him to the shelter instead of leaving him on the street after he moved.So many evil people do that,that it's accually scary that there are poeple in this world like that.
Thanks again everyone.I love you guys :)

ChrisH
08-19-2006, 08:06 AM
What a gorgeous boy! :D