PDA

View Full Version : lucky MY dog is under control.

cali
08-17-2006, 08:43 AM
I was so pissed last night. I took Misty Pulling and Happy always runs alongside, well as we were passing this one house a large GSD mix type dog comes running out at Happy and Misty, now most people know by now that Happy is fear aggressive with strange dogs, thanfully I have pretty good control on her, when this dog ca,me charging out I stopped and put her in a down and leave it to prevent a fight, Misty is nervous is large reddish coloured dogs, the dog kept sniffing my dogs and hovering all over them, other dogs go away once they loose interest but not this dog, Happy was in a down and leave it, meaning to prvenmt her from attacking she is in a down stay, so I am stuck until this dog goes away, there was no owner in sight and I was on my bike, so all I could do when praise my dogs and scream at this dog to get lost, we finally managed to start moving without Happy attacking, though this dog followed us most of the way. then as were were just leaving earshot this dogs owner souts "see ya!" :eek: this $%#@&*# was watching the whole time! his dog may be friendly but MY dog is NOT, and he is lucky my dog listened to me.

Lori Jordan
08-17-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry you had to go through this,Some people should never own pets,i could never sit there and let my dogs pic a fight nor be in one years ago when i owned a cocker mic everytime i went for a walk Taylor was attacked,Hugs to your Dogs thank god they are both ok!

lute
08-17-2006, 09:04 AM
that sucks. way to go Happy for resisting any urge to attack. what smart pups.

pitc9
08-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Nothing pisses me off more than stupid owners!!
I'm glad you had everything under control!

Alysser
08-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Did the guy say anything else? Your the good dog owner, not him. He's just lucky some people actually train their dogs to stay. He let his dog out on purpose. What an idiot! :mad: I'm sorry you had to go through that.

GreyhoundGirl
08-17-2006, 10:42 AM
That's really annoying, eh? I just hate it. Donèy let them get to you.

Jenny's the same way. Just usually she does attack the other dog. Than the other owner comes out of their damn house and says: Get your fricking dog off of my dog. :mad: This makes me so :mad: If their dog is so important to them, why do they let it rune off-leash up to aggresive dogs. :mad: Then they blame me for not socializing her when she was a pup. ( like I had her when she was a pup ) At least my girl knows how to stay and come, like yours obvioustly doesn't. This person made me so :mad: . I'm just walking down the street, there would be no problem if there dog hadn't been off-leash.

Jadapit
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
That has happend to me a couple of time. It always makes me so mad. One time I was out with Jada on my bike, I use the Springer. Jada is a big girl and she is very strong. We were going down the road 90 to nothing when a little pom comes flying out of its yard at us. The pom came to the front of the bike, Jada went around my bike and hit the front tire. Of course that stopped the bike. It was the worst bike wreck I have ever had. I hit the pavement so hard. :(

I was laying in the middle of the road thinking "great" Jada is probably going to tear the little pom up. I look over and Jada is playing with the pom in the peoples yard. The owners never came out to see if I was dead or alive or to get their dog. :mad: I will never forget that.

It sounds like you have your dogs trained very well. Good for you!! To bad everyone dogs aren't that well trained. ;)

cali
08-17-2006, 07:03 PM
the stupid thing? its more likley that I am the lucky one that Happy listens so well, not him, Happy was off leash as well as she listens better that way, but if Happy attacked that dog, it would be MY butt on the line, I joked that I should take her by his house with her leashed, and let her go at his dog, perhaps that would teach him a lesson, and he cant lagally do a thing, after all, HIS dog was loose OFF his property, with no collar and mine was on a leash, but that would be mean and sinking to his leval lol