PDA

View Full Version : Have your dreams ever came true??

Toby's my baby
08-16-2006, 07:17 PM
No, I dont mean the dreams you have at night, but the dreams you had as a child or teenager of what you wanted in the future?? I thought it would be a good thread to learn how peoples hopes and dreams really do come true.

- - - - -

As a little girl, I would walk through the horse barns at the county fair, and dream of someday being able to have horses and bring them to the fair. As most little girls do dream of having that "pony". :) Well, when I was about 5 I started riding, and ever since I was in 4th grade, I have gotten to have that horse I always wanted at the fair. I get to be the one that everyone envys, and who gets to ride out in front of all the people, and feel that adrenhalin when you are barrel racing, and racing home to cross the time line. I love it when little girls and boys come up to me and ask me to pet one of the horses, or to ride. My dream really did come true, and I grew to love horses so much.

dukedogsmom
08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
I wanted a horse all my life but my parents could never get me one. They did the best they could buy giving me riding lessons and such. I wasn't able to get a horse until I was 18. So that was one.
Number two I just recently found and that was true love. I've waited 42 years for that. Was worth the wait!
My third dream has yet to be realised. I really want to start a dog rescue sometime soon in my life.

Zippy
08-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes for years i have wanted to go horse back riding.I finally got to this year. :)

catnapper
I always wanted to be an interior designer - I am one. I always wanted my own business - I'm in the second year ---- its a lot harder than I ever thought to have my own business but I wouldn't ever be able to go back to an office. I love the freedom of working for myself.

Other than that, I always dreamt of having a lot of cats - I have that too :D

Now if only my dreams of being thin and having a large house situated near a running stream I'll be grand! :D

joanofark
Of course. When I was 6 I started Karate, and always wanted to make it to my black belt. After 6 more years of stuggling to get it.... Dropping out 2 or 3 times, then coming back, after thinking I'd NEVER make it to black, I finally did it!:)

Miss Z
08-17-2006, 04:57 AM
I have always been an academic, and I've always wanted something that would make me stand out in the crowd in that department. My parents knew that I have potential so didn't want me to go to a local state school where nobody is particularly encouraged to learn. We looked at private schools, and came across my school, but with fees at over £8000 a year it would not be cheap. I took the entrance exam, and got the letter home a few weeks later, and I read it and it said I had passed. I thought I would pass and was just about to put it down, when something in bold caught my eye:

We are also pleased to inform you that Zara produced the best exam papers out of all the applicants, and we are happy to state that we have awarded her our highly prestigious school scholarship.

I was in a state of shock, but extremely happy! The scholarship knocks about £2500 off the school fees, and I will be able to hold the title of scholarship winner for the rest of my life.

Riptide
08-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Mine have ^^

Ever since I knew what a dog was, I wanted one. I was always talking about dogs, or at the neighbors' house playing with their dog, or SOMETHING. I was pretty much heart broken when my mom PROMISED me we would never get a dog. But of course, that didn't last with me in the house.

At one point, we had two of 'em :p

cyber-sibes
08-17-2006, 12:53 PM
something in bold caught my eye:

We are also pleased to inform you that Zara produced the best exam papers out of all the applicants, and we are happy to state that we have awarded her our highly prestigious school scholarship.

I was in a state of shock, but extremely happy! Whoa! You go girl! Congeratulations!
My dream was be an illustrator, and I've been illustrating books for four years now. At least for now, I work from home with my dogs right here with me.

k9krazee
08-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I always wanted a dog, and when I was about 7 I got my Shadow girl!

My Aunt got me started in agility when I was about 12 and I wanted to be able to do it with my own dog so badly. The next 5 years were spent running her dogs in trials and gaining lots of experience. I still wanted my OWN dog, and my dream finally came true. Jackie Loo had his first trial earlier this summer!!!!

Now, my future dreams/goals are to be a Veterinarian and start my own business specializing in (dog) Sport Rehab.

Suki Wingy
08-17-2006, 01:13 PM
I have many dreams yet to be reilized, like owning and showing a horse, but a lot have also come true.
When I was young, I wanted a dog so badly, and when I was 9 I got one. I've always wanted to hold a squirrel, and with baby Barnaby (rescue) I have! Also, I have always wanted to own a cow. With Nuria, I did for the summer!

Chilli
08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I've never been one to really dream... but I remember when I was young, much like others, I would dream of owning a dog. And my mum also was bound and determined to not allow a dog in the house. I would imagine how it would feel like to have a dog sit by me on the couch and to have a dog to snuggle with at night. Just the simple everyday things people get to experiance with dogs. Finally, we got Frisk and he's been everything I dreamed of. That mellow dog that is with you everywhere you go. :D Its crazy that six years ago, mum wouldn't even allow one dog in the house.

luvofallhorses
08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
I have always wanted to be a vet tech and help animals. I volunteer at the shelter now and I believe I do make their day. :) but I do want to pursue my dream by being a vet tech or work at the shelter. :)

slleipnir
08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I want a job I love and make enough money to live comfortably and open a animal shelter of some sort. I want to take in any animal that people don't want, for free. Give them a good home until I can find something perfect for them. I want to have big fields for the dogs/horses/whatever and shelter rooms that the dogs can go into that look like a house...like it would have a couch and stuff like that for them to sleep on instead of little cramped cages....of course, I could only do that for so many.

I also would love to own a horse someday. I've always wanted one.

When I was a kid, I REALLY wanted a kitten. I would walk around the neighborhood and play with all the cats I saw :o :rolleyes: My mom and dad didn't want a cat. I got one when I was 12 or 13 and I was very very happy. Kinda dumb, I know. I also always wanted a dog of my very own...now I have 2 :D

dukedogsmom
08-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey Audrey, you make some money, and I can bring Flair up there. We can start a dog rescue and you could have your horse :p

Roxyluvsme13
08-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Part of them. When I was little I used to have imaginary animals of every kind, from fish, to horses, to dogs, cats, and others. I did get my house full of animals, and I absolutely love every minute of it. They are my life, my world, and my saviours, and I have no idea what I would do without them.

My other dream is to become a Vet, and that's hopefully going to come true, seeing as I'm pursuing it, and trying to get a Scholarship. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
08-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Yes, one did come true! Rita Lynn is my dream come true! I've wanted a puppy since Sadie turned like 3 years old!

Dorothy39
08-17-2006, 04:52 PM
YES!!!!!! :eek:
I had this wild crush on a boy in High School, but, being a skinny dork, I never imagined he would ever look at me twice!!!

Oh, man, God looked down on me!!!!!(He asked me out!!!, Yeah, he did)

Happy ending here folks--------We are Still Goin Strong--------- ;) I married this good looking guy that I drooled over !!!!!!

I am soooo lucky!!!! What a dream, !!!!!!!!! He is awesome!!!!!

I married him, 35, count em--35 YEARS AGO!!!!!!

What can I say :D

Alysser
08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, two of them.

Getting Sassy, I have always wanted a dog and I finally got one at five years old.

Another one, I seriously thought would NEVER come true, but in 2004 it finally did. I had always wanted an "exotic" pet, or a pet no one really had at my school. I begged my parents everytime we went to the pet store for a lizard, a fish, a frog, or anything. They always said no. I finally got two birds, and I have had them for over 2 years. Star is 2 years old now, and I am proud to announce she is my "exotic" pet. No one at my school has a bird except one of my friends.

I have a dream of adopting my next pet, whatever it may be. (a rabbit hopefully.) :)

I also really want to be a good photographer. I'm getting a new camera this October that may help me with that.

I_luv_rusty
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Ever since I was really little, I wanted a rabbit. When I was about 9 or 10 I got one. When I was little I also wanted to be a "bunny doctor" (lol)which I never became and grew out of wanting to work as. I also always wanted a dog, and when I was around 7 I got Rusty, my parents never really wanted to get a dog/puppy because they though it would pee all over the house and such. Now my dream/goal is to get a horse :p That won't happen for a long time. =p

zoey
08-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes.
Interesting question. No one has ever asked me this personally, but I would have these little glimpses as a child. Seemingly meaningless, but memorable somehow. And they all have come true, except for 3, but I'm still young. Life is a mystery.