PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me figure out what kind of dog I have?

trey-becky
08-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Hello Everyone.
My name is Becky and I was hoping that some of the pet lovers out there would be able to help me identify what kind of dog I have. His name is Hercules (my kids love The Sandlot) we have had him for 1 1/2 weeks. According to the Humane Society, he is between 6-8 months old and is a shepherd mix. We are not scheduled to see our vet until he finishes his medication for kennel cough and then I can get his opinion. I really do not think that he is a shepherd mix. I have attached some photos of him. He has short, shiny, smooth hair. Let me know what you think.

binka_nugget
08-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Wow! :eek: He looks a lot like Kfamr's Nala.. especially in the first two pictures!

My guess would be Lab/Pit. I see a bit of pitty head but the general body shape, ears and coat look like Lab to me.

Flatcoatluver
08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Wow! :eek: He looks a lot like Kfamr's Nala.. especially in the first two pictures!

I was thinking the exact same thing!! He is so stunning. I don't see really any shepard mix. But that's my wisdom :p He kind of look's like a pit mix from the third too. he is so cute!

Jadapit
08-16-2006, 06:26 PM
I was thinking pit mix also. He is beautiful!

cali
08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
looks pit/lab to me.

Karen
08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Definitely Lab or Viszla by the coat and coloring, and the wrinkly forehead could be one of the pittie breeds, or Sharpei, as he doesn't look big enough to have any mastiff (other wrinkly-candidate) genes.

lisahumphreys882
08-16-2006, 11:50 PM
He is very cute. Like your kids I, also, love the movie The Sandlot:D The second I saw him, I saw lab. And then in the other pictures I started to notice what the other's saw pit/lab mix. He looks like he has a big strong head and chest. And the colouring suggests a yellow lab and some characteristics in the face also look like lab. Oh and as well as the tail of both breeds...I think.

lute
08-17-2006, 09:11 AM
he's adorable! congrats on adopting! :D i think he looks like a pit bull/lab mix.

k9krazee
08-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow! He's gorgeous!! My guess would be Lab/Pit also.

lvpets2002
08-17-2006, 12:37 PM
;) Well I would have to agree with Karen on the markings v/s breed.. However I do know it is for sure in the Adorable breed..

IRescue452
08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
I see some rhodesian ridgeback in the mix. I don't know how popular they are in your area, if that mix would be feesible, but they are plentiful here.

zoomer
08-17-2006, 02:04 PM
He looks Boxer/Pit to me, but his snout tells me he might have some Lab or Rhodesian Ridgeback in him. Whatever breed he is he is the cutest little guy I have ever seen!

shelby
08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
He looks like a lab/pit cross. No Ridgeback there, the feet are too flat and his legs would be more muscular, even at that age. Whatever he is ,he's cute.

GreyhoundGirl
08-29-2006, 07:04 PM
OMG !! He's absolutely adorable !

Does look like Nala. What breed is Nala? :o I forget.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Does look like Nala. What breed is Nala? :o I forget.

I'm pretty sure Kay said that Nala is probably a Lab/Great Dane mix :).

Anyway, I also agree that Hercules looks like a Lab/Pit Bull mix. He's a very nice looking boy.