PDA

View Full Version : So down

K9soul
08-16-2006, 05:18 PM
If I could just ask for some prayers again for anyone out there who may see this, there is no need to respond. I'm going through a horrible time emotionally. I keep making mistakes, and I'm feeling close to hitting rock bottom. I just don't feel very well about myself right now. I know how very much Pet Talk prayers help, have helped me so much in the past. I've debated posting, because I hate calling attention to myself on these things, but the past few days I've made mistake after mistake in either my dealings with people, handling things at home, not doing as well at my job although some of that is beyond my ability to control. Things are hard. I'm going through an extremely rough patch and I feel so alone with no family near me or even just someone around to give me a hug and an encouraging smile.

I do have a friends who I know are always concerned about me. I just feel like I'm sliding into a depressive episode again and I'm fighting it tooth and nail, I want to beat it and come out strong again. So I am just asking for any good thoughts or prayers. Again no need to post here, just a quick thought or prayer and I will be grateful. Thank you Pet Talk..

Jess

Roxyluvsme13
08-16-2006, 05:24 PM
(((HUGS)))

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-16-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm going to post anyway. I know how when you are down it helps to know others are thinking of you. I want you to be sure I am!

LOTS of (((HUGS))) and prayers on the way!

lizbud
08-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Of course I will. :) You have my full support in this trying time.Could you
tell me if you are seeing a Dr or counselor to get help also.We ALL need help
and support & someone to talk with one on one. Someone who doesn't judge
you at all, but helps getting through these rough times by being on your side
and offering options & points of view for you to consider.It can only help. :)

K9soul
08-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Thank you so much. I'm crying my eyes out just to see your comforting words ;).

Liz, I was seeing a doctor and a counselor but at the moment my insurance died and I'm in a pickle on affording or being qualified for insurance. I did recently get a second job but I haven't gotten set up yet, and hopefully things will be a lot more secure for me then. It's hard to sit here and say I'm suffering from depression because I've always found it hard to share a lot of personal things about myself until I hit a really bad point and suddenly don't care who knows! I know things will get better and I haven't given up yet. Just some days, I truly feel like giving up, it just all seems to be too much. But I won't. I'm stronger than that and my dogs are always here for me, as well as my friends even though they are miles away.

Thank you all. You're here to reach out to in times of need, and you are a Godsend.

RedHedd
08-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Aww, sweetie - you're a perfect human beings. Perfect human beings make mistakes all the time - I do it often! Be gentle with yourself. Hug a doggie or two or three ;)

dukedogsmom
08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry. Please don't hesitate to call me if you want. When our friends hurt, we hurt. I hope you can make it through this. I know things seem horribly bleak right now. I've been there. After my divorce, I went through about six months of deep depression. I hope that life will let you smile again soon.

Dorothy39
08-16-2006, 05:55 PM
k9soul,

I just found your thread.

It is ALWAYS hard to share our personnal baggage. That fact that you posted yours, reveals your stamina, an obligation to yourself, a determination to pick yourself up, dust yourself off--and look ahead for tomorrows sunrise.

I wish, soooooo hard that I could {{{{hug}}}}} you !!!! :(

(Closing my eyes and saying a prayer for God to lighten your load)

Zippy
08-16-2006, 06:04 PM
((((HUGS))))

I will keep you in my prayers.

dukedogsmom
08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I just checked my email and got this in it. It's really cute. Hope it will make you smile.
http://www.riversongs.com/Flas/today.swf

K9soul
08-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Aww Val, now I'm crying again, but in a good way :). I'm so very glad I reached out. You all are wonderful.

moosmom
08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
K9Soul,

There are great programs through the Partnership for Prescription Assistance, 1-888-477-2669. You actually get your prescriptions at low or NO cost!! How do you think I survived all these years with no medical benefits? They also have a "211" number to call. Just dial 211 and the people who answer have a ton of information on different programs available to people.

Please take care of yourself and get better! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
My heart is breaking after reading this Jess. I wish I were near you so I could give you a big hug every time you need one. It's so frustrating to see you in this much pain and I can't do anything. As if you haven't been through enough, now you have no insurance? Please PM me if I can help you in any way. How can you work two jobs? It must be almost impossible. I'm wondering if you have any support groups you can join in your area. I had to do that myself after my divorce. It was the best thing I ever did. I became a new person. I pray that you get some help and peace in your life right away. A person as good as you are should never have to endure such pain and hardship. I'm always here for you. Your friend, Terry

captain
08-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Jess,
As always, even tho I am very far away, please know that I am here for you, to listen, to care, ............ {{{hugs across the miles}}

cyber-sibes
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
((((gentle hugs)))) :)
You're in my prayers, sweetie. Keep those puppers close to you. You know what they say - it's always darkest before the dawn. Dont give up before your miracle, dear one.

Logan
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Jess, one thing for sure is that if you hit rock bottom, there is only one way to go and that is UP!!!!! Of course you're dealing with so much right now, emotionally. I remember those days! I did have a two year old child to occupy my time, so it was a bit different, but still, tough, and sometimes, especially in the evenings, I had a hard time.

You hang in there. Congratulations on the 2nd job. I hope it will bring you some financial relief. And I think those beautiful pups are very, very therapeutic, Jess. Bury your face in Tommy's fur and just cry if you need to. My darling Goldens have seen a lot of that from me.

We all have things that work on bringing us down, but we do have good friends to support us through it, and no one can take that away.

We love you.

Logan

Queen of Poop
08-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I wish I was close enough to you to give you a great big HUG and try to make you feel better. This is a great place when you're down to get picked back up again. Since I can only send a cyber hug I thought I'd include here my favorite picture of my Sasha dog. Her smiling face is almost guaranteed to put a wee smile on your own face. Her smile is contagious.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/pf792659e8e9f2e9fa940d22d3649cae8/ee92c4c9.jpg

Vermontcat
08-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Sending hugs your way.
Here's a photo of my new hamster Munchkin, she just wanted to say hello to you and try to make you smile. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/munchm3.jpg

K9soul
08-16-2006, 09:32 PM
How could I not smile at Sasha and Munchkin? :) Thank you from the very depths of my heart, and for so many kind words. I wish I could express how much it meant to me. Your kind messages have made all the difference in the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Uabassoon
08-16-2006, 09:38 PM
(((hugs))) I'm sorry that things are rough for you right now. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, and please remember that I'm only a PM or a phone call away if you ever need to talk.

Karen
08-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Remember, you can always PM me, I can send electronic hugs any time! And believe me (or ask any Pet Talker who has met me in person, when you've been hugged by a Peterson (my maiden name) you KNOW it! (And usually recover within minutes.)

As we always say, when you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on! And that's a good spot from which to use it to whack others who put you there, too!

slick
08-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Jess:
Forgive me...today work was very busy and I didn't have much PT time at all.

I know that you and I have never really "talked" but I've always admired you very, very much. I feel very sad :( because all I want to do is help you and make you feel better. I've never experienced depression, but take it from me, I know what it's like to "not like yourself" very much. I practically wrote the book on it, but I have to admit that Pet Talk has really helped and the support and love that I've received is amazing and here I am ready to give back to you.

Jess, you are very special and I really hope that we can meet someday so I can give you some {{{hugs}}} in person. Mega prayers coming out to you. Please, let that pretty smile return to your beautiful face. :)

Alysser
08-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Aww, I'm sorry things aren't going well for you. I hope things look up soon because THEY WILL! :) Good luck. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

RobiLee
08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Prayers have been said, Jess. Hang in there! You are strong and you can make it through this.

{{{Many hugs coming your way}}}

Giselle
08-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Jess, the pain will subside and I'm so proud and greytful that you realize that.

We cannot experience happiness without pain and frustration. While it may hurt immensely right now, the pain will dissipate and you will find even greyter joy. I don't know exactly what is going on in your life, but I do know that for every person or thing that has caused you discomfort there are ten more people out there who care for you. I do hope you feel better, Jess.

K9karen
08-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Jess, I'm so distraught to read that you're so down! I wish we lived closer so you could come over and chill and talk. I'll be thinking of you and praying that your days will be better.

I feel your pain. Since 2000, so many horrendous, sad and distressing things have happened to me, that I also didn't know how I'd go on. I sought medical help and medication and decided to change my attitude too. It took a long while, but I'm slowly snapping out of it. I consciencely decided to like myself as there was no reason not too. I realized nobody can make me feel bad or guilty if I let them. I'm proud of all I accomplished recently, despite 3 surgeries. Medicine can relieve the depression but you have to also help yourself. I know it's so hard. I really do. There are days when I still don't get out of bed, but I'm working on it. Please email or PM me if I can help you in any way. I really care about you.

shais_mom
08-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Jess _ you know I am here for you if needed. I think of you often.
I am praying for a light at the end of your tunnel.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-17-2006, 03:34 AM
1000 hugs for you, Jess!!!
I have been in a deep depression years ago, so I know how hard it is to see the bright side of life then. Please keep talking to us, we will help you through this!!!!!!

Oggyflute
08-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Jess. Oggy, Flute & Possum also send big wet kisses :)

Cookiebaker
08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
{{Hugs hugs hugs}}

Malone & Emerson send you some big wet sloppy kisses, too....and here's to TODAY, and may it be better than yesterday!

catnapper
08-17-2006, 06:40 AM
I feel the same exact way. I keep getting pushed down (in my mind) and even the good things that happen aren't enough to keep me up for long.

K9Karen... I was in your neighborhood last week.... side note: What on earth did they do to 309? :eek: Can I drop by instead?

Daisy and Delilah
08-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Just checking this thread again this morning. Stay with us Jess. We truly love you here and we want to be here for you whenever you need help.

JenBKR
08-17-2006, 08:20 AM
((((hugs)))) I too have been through a depression and I know how bleak things can get. It's hard to remember that things will start looking up when you feel like that, but they will! If you ever need to talk about anything at all, my PM box is always open. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. more ((((hugs))))

Pawsitive Thinking
08-17-2006, 08:25 AM
No matter how alone or down you may feel just remember the huge amount of people who are willing you to get better. From the replies it looks as thought a lot of us know exactly how you are feeling (yep, me too).

Hugs from me and my furry gang {{{{hugs}}}}

K9soul
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
When I first woke up this morning, I thought about this post and felt embarrassed that I had been so emotional and let so much out.. but after reading through all your words of support and understanding, I'm so glad I did. I was in tears reading all the responses, but they are "good" tears this time instead of sorrowful. Each post has both comforted and suffused me with more strength to bear up to all that is going on. Today is a new day, a clean slate, and it will be a better day and I will be stronger than I was yesterday. It is an unbelievable feeling to realize how many out there care. Thank you all for reminding me again what an amazing community this is.

lv4dogs
08-17-2006, 09:17 AM
If I were closer I'd be over in a heartbeat to give you a hug and an encouraging smile, heck I'd give you as many as you want! :D
I am so sorry you are going through hard times right now, I know I can relate. I wish I could wave a magic wand & make all your troubles dissapear.
If you need anything, someone to vent to, cry no, ask for advice, anything just pm me.

{{{{hugs}}}}

CagneyDog
08-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry that you're having a hard time. :( {{{{big hugs}}}}

Logan
08-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Sweet girl, you are climbing UP!!!!!!! You are smart and you have strength that you didn't even know was possible!!!! :) You're going to be OK and you're going to come out stronger as a result. Hang in there and you have many offeres of people to talk with if you need something. Use them! Use me!!!!

Love you.
Logan

pitc9
08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
MANY hugs to you!!!

dukedogsmom
08-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Never feel embarrassed about your feelings. I hope you are feeling a little better today. I know it can't all come at once so even a little step towards feeling better is a big accomplishment. We're here for you.

slick
08-17-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better today Jess. All of us here are sending lots and lots of {{{hugs}}} your way and please, never be embarrassed. We all need support sometimes and should never be ashamed to ask for help, OK?? I'll be keeping watch on this thread and looking for happy updates.

Randi
08-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Jess, I just want to let you know that I too am thinking of you and sending good thoughts - there WILL be light in the end of the tunnel. :)

Take care of yourself!

(((((hugs)))))

lizbud
08-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Just a note to let you now how much we do care how you are feeling
and coping with things life throws your way.Hoping & praying that each day
becomes a little brighter & clearer for you. You are still in my thoughts and
prayers. :)

dukedogsmom
08-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Just peeking in here to see how you're doing today.

Daisy and Delilah
08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
I just wanted to check this thread again Jess to see if you had posted recently. Are you doing okay? I hope and pray you are. Please give that gorgeous Tommy and Tasha some big kisses from me :)
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}