PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Grandpa

The_Duck
08-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, my grandpa has a hard time remembering that he is an older person. He was climbing the ladder to his hunting blind and it gave way, dropping him 12 feet to the ground. Last my dad told me, grandpa is in the hospital and, obviously, a lot of pain. Please pray for a swift and complete recovery. Thanks everyone.

Riptide
08-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm so sorry! Sending prayers your grandfather's way.

petslover
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I hope your grandfather gets feeling better.

I_luv_rusty
08-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Hope he has a fast speedy recovery! He'll be in my thoughts. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Prayers on the way from me too.

That's one of the drawbacks about getting older, having to learn you just can't do everything you used to. Believe me I know.

(((HUGS))) for you and your grandpa.

dukedogsmom
08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Very sorry to hear that. I hope he heals ok. Tell him next time to be careful!

Dorothy39
08-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Praying for your Wonderful Grandfather!!!!! Oh, I am sooo sorry!!!!

Please let us know how he is doing!!!!!!

The_Duck
08-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Alright, I got a little more of the story from my mom.

Aparently, he was climbing the ladder, CARRYING a brand new front for the stand. :eek: The ladder swayed and he fell on his head and the hip he had replaced a few years back. He laid on the ground for a few minutes, got up, and took the thing back up there and nailed it on! :eek: Only THEN did he come over to our house and tell me dad what happened. :rolleyes:

He's home now, with some pain meds. It hurts to move, which is to be expected. He's got a small fracture in his back and he's on strict intstuctions to lay low for a while. He's got to go back to the doctor in a few days, I think. Thank you all for your prayers and I'll keep you updated.

Dorothy39
08-16-2006, 08:16 PM
You certainly come from a very STRONG fiber!!!!! Your Grandfather is steadfast and determined to reach a goal!!!! He will do just fine!!!! but, If he were my Father, I'd keep an eye on him!!!! ( wow, what a guy!!!)

Thank-You for that up-date!!!!