PDA

View Full Version : Feline Acne: Crosspost from Cat Health

CultureJunky
08-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I have posted this here also in case somebody sees it that hasn't in Cat health. This is regarding Jack's acne, I've been looking on the internet for rubbing alcohol to try and cure his acne. Anybody have an opinion on the link below, would this be okay to use on a cat?

Hi

I have found a rubbing alcohol solution on Ebay, this is a human one that is used on skin by tattoists. Will this be okay to use on Jack's acne? Diluted obviously, what do you think?
Here is a link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rubbing-Alcohol-70-Isopropyl-alcohol-IPA-500ml_W0QQitemZ230017461528QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3391 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

catnapper
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Wow, rubbing alcohol isn't common in the UK? Thats the stuff, and you won't need to dilute it. Just put a little bit on a cootom swab or cotton ball and rub on his chin. He'll hate you for it, but its something that you have to do.

aki
08-16-2006, 03:34 PM
How fast does it work? Chuck gets it too. :(

CultureJunky
08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks, now I know what kind of thing to buy I will see if I can get it in the shops, that way I won't have to pay postage. Fingers crossed it'll work on his little chinny chin chin, and he'll be just as handsome again :D

catnapper
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Good luck!

I get mine in the supermarket, but you shold be able to find it at the local pharmacy. Its cheap too -- only $1 a bottle. I wish I could send it overseas but I can't ship liquid. I'll look to see if I can find alcohol wipes like they make baby wipes. I know they make the wipes, but where? I have some for my eyeglasses... wonder if they are pure alcohol? I'll look into it.

Anyway, here's Mr. Allen with his chin acne last year. I really thought he'd havea bald pimply chin forever. But twice dailt cleanings helped tremendously. It went on for a few months, so be forewarned and don't get discouraged.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/whiskerboy.jpg

catmandu
08-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Michael had that problem, and the Vet gave me liquid anoxil, the only trouble was JJJ3 loved it, and Michael hated it.
But hes better now.
Good Luck with Your Kitty.

Catsnclay
08-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Chin acne is quite common with cats that use plastic dishes. The best way to rid them of the problem is to use either ceramic, glass or stainless bowls for their food and water.

Good luck in getting rid of it! It looks ugly, but it doesn't bother them - good thing! :p

K & L
08-16-2006, 07:25 PM
We got rid of Bo's with antibiotics.

CultureJunky
08-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Oh look at Allens chin! yes that's just like Jack's. I am positive that I will help him get rid of it.
Thanks for all your advice and help and I will keep you posted as to how he's getting on with it.
It's like having a teenager! :D