PDA

View Full Version : strangest behaviour I've seen in a girl...help

ashleycat
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
I was playing with runner, and she got on her hind feet and tried to mount me :eek: Movement and all. I've never seen this. Ok, now as I'm sitting here, she's doing it to my leg. I swear she's a girl. Why is she doing this to me? I didn't know GIRL dogs do this.

cloverfdx
08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Could be a dominance thing.. or over excitement. Have you been working on pack leadership with her?

ashleycat
08-16-2006, 10:52 AM
shes really calm, timid, quiet and the foster parent said she was not dominant at all.

Why do I make non dominant animals go dominant on me? :*(

Am I just that big of a sweet bonehead? :rolleyes:
Did I just make her too happy?

lv4dogs
08-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Raustyk does that sometimes too. Even though Raustyk is a dominant type she does this to me when she gets overly excited. For her, it ONLY happens when she starts licking me excessivly (she loves to "groom" me). I can tell for sure by her body language that she is NOT trying to dominate me, especially so because she is often laying down when she does this so really it's like she's humping the couch or floor and not me. lol

Can you explain more in detail excatly when this happens? Does something seem to trigger the behavior?

gemini9961
08-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Sadie does it. I was holding her one time and she started to do it. :rolleyes: :eek: She will do it to my husband's leg. I caught her one night doing it to Grant and biting on his neck at the same time, guess she was showing him who's boss. :o

RobiLee
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
All of the female dogs (except one, Katie) that we have had and that includes my family dogs as I grew up have done this. It's normal. I think it mostly comes from excitement and sometimes dominance.

sanford8916
08-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Lou Lou does it to Winchester. She does it when she is excited and playing with him. Winchester will always growl at her when she does it though, he doesn't like it one bit! Lou Lou does try to be dominate something though, so she could be trying to out rank the poor boy and he is just reminding her that she is a puppy! :)

luvofallhorses
08-16-2006, 12:19 PM
my girls have never done that. Is she spayed ?

Jadapit
08-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Diamond does it to Ebony a lot. (Diamond has some ACD in her) Diamond is lucky Ebony will put up with it. ;) She knows better than to try it with Jada. She only does it when her and Ebony are playing. I dont get it myself because Diamond is on the bottom of the pack here. I tell Diamond to quit and she stops.

*edit to add*

I went to google and found this article. It might help you. There were a lot of different articles on the subject.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/humping/page1.aspx

zoomer
08-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Georgia does it to me all the time, and my friends! Never the boys though, and they're supposed to :p I think it's over excitment.

ashleycat
08-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Raustyk does that sometimes too. Even though Raustyk is a dominant type she does this to me when she gets overly excited. For her, it ONLY happens when she starts licking me excessivly (she loves to "groom" me). I can tell for sure by her body language that she is NOT trying to dominate me, especially so because she is often laying down when she does this so really it's like she's humping the couch or floor and not me. lol

Can you explain more in detail excatly when this happens? Does something seem to trigger the behavior?
I was just playing with her. The same way a small dog or puppy would. I was on my hands and knees "jumping" around lol. For about 10 min, even when I was done playing. She would come up to me and do it.

ashleycat
08-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes she's spayed. So I should take it as a compliment that I made her really happy??

OO good, cus that means she's starting to come out of her shell! :D

luvofallhorses
08-16-2006, 01:14 PM
good thing that she's spayed. :) I have never had my girl dogs or other girl dogs do that to me..it's always the boy dogs.. :rolleyes:
..although it could be a dominance issue. when she does that to you just say "off" in a firm tone of voice and see if that helps. when she gets off give her a reward like a treat or just praise her for getting off.

bckrazy
08-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes, humping definitely denotes dominance. When you're down at her level playing with her, she might be seeing that as an opportunity to dominate you with the humping. :p

To curb this behavior, I would definitely start NILIF, and give her a stern "No" when she humps and end the game.