PDA

View Full Version : Tiki has three times the love

lv4dogs
08-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Last night Joe & I took the dogs for a walk around our park. Mind you Tiki, one of my cats has been MIA for 1.5 days (no biggie what so ever because this is very common for him, he LOVES the outdoors & has a few safe "cat houses" in my yard as well as fresh food & water at all times). As we walk past a trailer not too far from mine we see Tiki walking off of their porch & coming towards us. (these people feed all the stray cats in the area) (Tikie loves to go for walks with the dogs & I). Joe & I both looked at each other & said that must be his other home, half jokingly but partially serious. Often times Tiki will come home smelling like someone else (perfume, calogne, laundry sheets, something). So we continue on our walk. We pass about 15 trailers when we walk in front of this one with an older lady standing on her porch. She's looking DIRECTLY at us & Tiki calling "BOOTSIE, BOOTSIE, HERE BOOTSIE, COME ON BOOTSIE". I looked at the lady & say "His name is Tiki, he's my cat, I live in -insert house #- He's a very friendly fella but he's my pride & joy, I've had him since he was about 12 weeks of age". She said nothing, just turned around & went inside. :rolleyes: If he comes up missing I know right where to go. ;)

Beauty17
08-16-2006, 10:55 AM
I wonder if someone ought to give that lady her very own cat to love - ? Wonder if she'd accept it?

lv4dogs
08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I wonder if someone ought to give that lady her very own cat to love - ? Wonder if she'd accept it?

Well there certainly are enough strays in our park, she could EASILY have 10 or so of them if she really wanted to.

catmandu
08-16-2006, 05:54 PM
The Lady must have assumed Tiki was a stary, and was feeding him.
Thats funny that Tiki has two homes to feed at.
I know Nugget had a few homes taht he went to as well as Scratchy.

Catty1
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
We have a cat here that is a "neighbourhood" cat...is well fed.

I call him the neighbourhood tart! :D