PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Kittens Are Safe

Lizzie
08-16-2006, 08:13 AM
I just talked to the shelter in Illinois where the deaf white kitten is housed and the manager has agreed to hold the eight kittens until tomorrow so that Tracy of Reachoutrescue can pick them up.

The shelter does not take take credit cards or even debit cards, so I couldn't pay for their adoption over the phone. Tracy is going to have to pay cash or check - $160 before she can take them. I will wire her $60 to cover the white kitten and the two grey ones that I had asked her to collect for me. Also the money to cover the white kitten's vet visit yesterday. I'll also pay for the shelter vet visit (hopefully by credit card) that the grey kittens have to go through as part of the adoption agreement.

Tracy needs $100 to adopt the other five kittens, plus the money for the trip to the vet. I just got off the phone with her and she said you can send the money to her through the donate button on her web site:http://www.reachoutrescuenfp.org/

What a great start to the day!

Anikaca77
08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh thank god...I was praying so hard. Does the little white one have a home??

Reachoutrescue
08-16-2006, 08:25 AM
WE ARE SO EXCITED!! THIS IS AN AWSOME WAY TO START THE DAY!! I KNOW IT IS A LONG DRIVE...BUT I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!! THESE KITTENS ARE SAFE NOW. WELL, THEY WILL BE TOMORROW!! THANK YOU EVERYBODY WHO HELPED US SAVE THEM! PLEASE IF ANYBODY CAN DONATE MONEY TO GET THEM OUT...VISIT MY WEBSITE AND DONATE! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :)

Lizzie
08-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Oh thank god...I was praying so hard. Does the little white one have a home??

She certainly does. I showed her shelter picture to a co-worker and explained what we were doing, and she shouted "I want her. I've always wanted another deaf white cat." Apparently she was devastated when she lost hers to renal failure a few years ago. I was, of course, going to keep her myself but this is better.

Anikaca77
08-16-2006, 08:46 AM
That's so wonderful, I'm so glad. I've been worried sick about these little guys...

She certainly does. I showed her shelter picture to a co-worker and explained what we were doing, and she shouted "I want her. I've always wanted another deaf white cat." Apparently she was devastated when she lost hers to renal failure a few years ago. I was, of course, going to keep her myself but this is better.

mumpkees
08-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Totally Awesome News! The power to get things done from the members of these groups and boards never ceases to amaze me and warm my heart! What a great way to start a day - knowing that eight more lives have been saved from the generosity of people's time and donations!

And to hear that the little white deaf girl who is ill is not only going to get proper vet care but has a forever HOME - WOW!!!!!

PT'ers are incredible! /mari

jazzcat
08-16-2006, 10:20 AM
This great news!!!! I'm so happy.

Giving this a big ole **BUMP** so hopefully everyone will see and help with the cause.

You can donate at her site under the "How you can help" tab at the top.

Prairie Purrs
08-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Sent some money via the Paypal link. Thank you, Lizzie, Tracy, and Melissa, for saving these little ones!

Reachoutrescue
08-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Thank you everybody who has donated for the trip to Olney, Illinois. These kittens will sure be greatful!! I will post pictures once they are safe in the arms of our rescue. Thank you again.

kuhio98
08-16-2006, 12:04 PM
This is a great news. Don't use PayPal so I e-mailed Tracy asking for a mailing address. Donation will be sent. Can't wait to see photos.

Lizzie
08-16-2006, 12:15 PM
This is a great news. Don't use PayPal so I e-mailed Tracy asking for a mailing address. Donation will be sent. Can't wait to see photos.

Many thanks, Lisa. Tracy's taken on quite a burden, willing though she is, and I'm happy to see PT supporting her. The shelter really threw me when they couldn't accept any kind of card.

Do I need to dig through old threads to find the trucker network you mentioned or do you have it on hand to post again? Some of the kittens may be too frail to travel yet, but Melissa and I need to get things set up as soon as possible so we can take on our responsibilities.

kuhio98
08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't have the info handy for the people that Melissa worked with before. I do have this info (that I posted before).

Teamshope
(7/8/06 7:48 pm)
Reply Re: Can You Ever Help Transport?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We are over the road drivers/owner operators and we travel all over the country. We'd be happy to help. As long as we have a place to park..like a truckstop or rest area..we can take a pet wherever we are heading. We're found at [email protected], ref this website..God Bless

and these people might help since they are coming from a rescue:

kuhio98
(8/2/06 6:15 pm)
Reply FLYING PAWS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.flyingpaws.org/Default.htm

I haven't had any dealings with them, but keep them in mind. They may be able to help. They don't do private pets (move your pet from point A to B), but they work with rescues and shelters.

DogMama
(12/28/05 2:13 pm)
Reply Re: Can You Ever Help Transport?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello PetLoss family........

I am in Illinois and would be happy to help transport in my state and surrounding states.....let me know.

[email protected]

Christine
DogMama
a/k/a ScottieWolf

kimlovescats
08-16-2006, 02:13 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS! Great job!!! :D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
08-16-2006, 02:37 PM
I am so glad that they are all SAFE!! I worried about all of them all day today while I was at work, and as soon as I got home I had to check in to see what was going on. That little white one just melted me (husband too ;) ), and I told him I would love to take her but we are so far away...oh well, I am glad she will be going on to a furr-ever home and that is what's most important :)

Lizzie
08-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I am so glad that they are all SAFE!! I worried about all of them all day today while I was at work, and as soon as I got home I had to check in to see what was going on. That little white one just melted me (husband too ;) ), and I told him I would love to take her but we are so far away...oh well, I am glad she will be going on to a furr-ever home and that is what's most important :)

The little white kitten was at the center of a huge domestic dispute last night as the woman at work who wanted her so desperately tried to persuade her new husband it was a good idea. She and the kitten lost. So, the kitten comes to me and I will look for a different new home. Or, she can be adopted from Tracy who will keep her in her Illinois rescue until she is strong enough to travel. Do you really want to take her? Or am inviting another domestic dispute? ;)

Anikaca77
08-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Please keep us updated on this white kitten.

Melissa

catmandu
08-16-2006, 05:51 PM
I would donate but I am still paying off the Hydro and Gas, and its Vet Time and a lot of Senior Check Ups at the Hotel.
We are praying for those Kittens.

K & L
08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Everyone is so amazing here and how they'll do what they can to rescue! Hats off to you all!

doolittleky
08-16-2006, 08:43 PM
here are the pics of all of them that we all helped

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110970

Catty1
08-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Ummm...that link went to the Persian Cat Rescue...is that the correct link? Or am I just dumb today? :)

doolittleky
08-16-2006, 09:06 PM
oops! LOL No I am the technically challenged airhead! LOL I fixed it. Thanks Catty!

Catty1
08-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Tracy's donation page:

http://www.reachoutrescuenfp.org/howyoucanhelp.html