PDA

View Full Version : Beans and Bethel to me - good news 9/1

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I just talked to the rescue home that has Beans (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6286845) and they have agreed to adopt him to me. Isn't that wonderful? I can't wait to meet him. It's going to be interesting watching this group together. Bethel (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6764054) bunny-hops, Beans staggers on his back legs, and Ashley reels and rolls, imagine them playing with a feather toy together! And I'll have to devise some type of ramp for them to get in bed with me. I'm sure I'll be posting new threads asking for input on how to help all these special needs babies. Queen S. has given me some web addresses that offer support, so that will be a big help.

Now I have to get hold of Melissa and see if her trucker friends can get Beans to me.

Edited to add links because I won't have photos until they are home with me.

catlover4ever
08-15-2006, 02:16 PM
How wonderful!!!!! I can't wait to see more photos of them and the best part is that they will become a part of PT and have a wonderful forever home with you!!!! :) :)

aki
08-15-2006, 02:39 PM
That is wonderful! Partly because now we get to see more of them now!! :D

jenluckenbach
08-15-2006, 03:09 PM
WOW Congratulations...

jazzcat
08-15-2006, 03:15 PM
That is wonderful Lizzie! You have such a huge heart.

I see Bethel is here in TN but she's in Middle TN (very close to Kimlovescats) and I'm over in East TN.

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I see Bethel is here in TN but she's in Middle TN (very close to Kimlovescats) and I'm over in East TN.

She's with a wonderful organization, very involved and organized; the only one that asked for a reference from my vet. They did call the shelter in Illinois to see if they could help and were simply blown away by conditions there. I don't think they are going to help the white kitten after all which is an awful shame.

sasvermont
08-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh my gosh. Such sweethearts and YOU are such a sweetheart to adopt these two!

You must have wings.......

SAS :D

jazzcat
08-15-2006, 05:00 PM
She's with a wonderful organization, very involved and organized; the only one that asked for a reference from my vet. They did call the shelter in Illinois to see if they could help and were simply blown away by conditions there. I don't think they are going to help the white kitten after all which is an awful shame.
Glad they are good organization. Too bad they can't help the white kitten. I've been following that one and my heart is breaking. I wish I could help. :(

catmandu
08-15-2006, 06:08 PM
thats great news that those two special needs Cats have a Furr Ever Home.
Please let us know how they are doing, and we would love to see Photos.
God Bless You for giving them a Home.

AbbyMom
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
You are a wonder! Congratulations!

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 10:58 PM
CONGRATS LIZZIE! I KNOW THOSE BABIES WILL BE WELL CARED FOR. I AM STILL HOPING FOR HELP WITH THE EIGHT KITTENS FROM OLNEY, ILLINOIS. KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED. GIVE THOSE BABIES A HUG FOR ME WHEN YOU GET THEM !!

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
It seems that Bethel had a host of people who wanted to adopt her. I knew that Mumpkees had wanted her, but we agreed by pm that I would take Bethel and she would take Cameo. Then I heard from kimlovescats that she had applied to take Bethel. So, I told her to go ahead. Now Melissa can torture me with more special needs cats because she knows I was prepared to take two and now it's only one. (I will adopt then foster the cats from the shelter in Illinois (if we are lucky enough to get them in time) and, in fact, already have a home for the white kitten.)

kimlovescats
08-15-2006, 11:31 PM
It seems that Bethel had a host of people who wanted to adopt her. I knew that Mumpkees had wanted her, but we agreed by pm that I would take Bethel and she would take Cameo. Then I heard from kimlovescats that she had applied to take Bethel. So, I told her to go ahead. Now Melissa can torture me with more special needs cats because she knows I was prepared to take two and now it's only one. (I will adopt then foster the cats from the shelter in Illinois (if we are lucky enough to get them in time) and, in fact, already have a home for the white kitten.)

We don't know for sure yet Lizzie! I just left a phone message, they may have already made other arrangements for little Miss Bethel! As long as that babygirl gets a loving home, I'll be happy!!! ;)

Kim

jenluckenbach
08-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what is up with Bethel? I have lost track.

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Beans is going to be fostered by Melissa (dolittleky) until he can come to me. She offered a few weeks ago but I kept hoping that the truckers network could bring him straight to me; I wasn't willing to share. :o Now, with no response from the truckers on anyone who can take Beans to me, ringworm in my home, and the shelter saying it would be better for him if he left soon, I asked Melissa if she could collect and keep him for me, and she agreed. This means a lot of work for Melissa - getting her home ready for a disabled cat, a long round-trip into Ohio to collect Beans, caring for him, etc. She keeps tellling me that she is looking forward to looking after him for me, and I believe her.

She will collect Beans the weekend after this and has promised to take lots of photos. I'm going to be so very envious, but also very happy and relieved that Beans will be away from the shelter and one more step towards being with me.

As to Bethel, I know she is not coming to me but I don't know what happened. I spent two weeks calling the shelter every day while they kept saying that they were faxing the adoption application to me and then that their fax machine was broken, then I gave them my mailing address and they said over and over that they were mailing the papers to me. Nothing arrived. I called today to find out what happened to Bethel (out of concern, I don't have room for her any more) and they said they thought they'd heard that she had been adopted. If that is true, I'm very pleased for Bethel but I really wish the shelter had just told me no from the start.

Kim - you are close to that shelter, do you know what happened to Bethel?

kimlovescats
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Beans is going to be fostered by Melissa (dolittleky) until he can come to me. She offered a few weeks ago but I kept hoping that the truckers network could bring him straight to me; I wasn't willing to share. :o Now, with no response from the truckers on anyone who can take Beans to me, ringworm in my home, and the shelter saying it would be better for him if he left soon, I asked Melissa if she could collect and keep him for me, and she agreed. This means a lot of work for Melissa - getting her home ready for a disabled cat, a long round-trip into Ohio to collect Beans, caring for him, etc. She keeps tellling me that she is looking forward to looking after him for me, and I believe her.

She will collect Beans the weekend after this and has promised to take lots of photos. I'm going to be so very envious, but also very happy and relieved that Beans will be away from the shelter and one more step towards being with me.

As to Bethel, I know she is not coming to me but I don't know what happened. I spent two weeks calling the shelter every day while they kept saying that they were faxing the adoption application to me and then that their fax machine was broken, then I gave them my mailing address and they said over and over that they were mailing the papers to me. Nothing arrived. I called today to find out what happened to Bethel (out of concern, I don't have room for her any more) and they said they thought they'd heard that she had been adopted. If that is true, I'm very pleased for Bethel but I really wish the shelter had just told me no from the start.

Kim - you are close to that shelter, do you know what happened to Bethel?

No.... I stopped inquiring about her because you said she was being flown to you! :( They must have had someone already in mind that they wanted to have her when you and I applied. Wish they had just been straight forward! :rolleyes:

doolittleky
08-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I just hope she DID get adopted and not something else.
Melissa

QueenScoopalot
08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
My head's spinning right now! From what I gather thru our various connections, emails etc. Beans is safe, but Bethel's is not known? :confused:
Melissa posted about Bethel...http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110794&highlight=Bethel
and I crossposted to Mumpkees and many others about her, and now we have no clue where she is? Spina bifida etc. baby that just tore my heart apart with want for her future. :( I have her picture that I copied and crossposted to all my special needs rescue friends...but Photobucket (or this 'puter) is too slow tonight. :( I hope & pray they aren't "pulling the wool over adopters eyes" and she's dead. :( :mad: Beans thrills me! When he gets to you..let me know..I've only had 2 severe cases (Kirby my resident bedlump) and my dear heart kitty Willy who I will miss till the day I die. :( Both rescues, and Kirby-birby is going on 7? And doing awe :) some!

kimlovescats
08-31-2006, 09:37 PM
I just hope she DID get adopted and not something else.
Melissa

She's no longer on their site! :confused:

Reachoutrescue
08-31-2006, 11:00 PM
I sure hope she's okay.

kimlovescats
09-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I sure hope she's okay.

I have contacted my good friend who works closely helping that shelter's director with their Snip and Tip Clinic. She had told me that the lady (Sara) who is the director, wanted to put Bethel to sleep! My friend Tina tried to tell her that I wanted her and others would too. This Sara is bad about this .... she's afraid that someone will want them to provide more care for special needs kitties. I sure hope to God that she didn't euthanize her!!!! My friend is supposed to find out from Bethel's foster mom, Cory! I'll post when I hear something!

Kim

QueenScoopalot
09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/OR96.jpg
I sure hope to God they didn't euthanise her either. I had emailed her picture to a woman experienced in spina bifida kitties, and neither of us could find out where this precious baby is. :( Hope it's good news Kim.

Lizzie
09-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Bethel is not spina bifida, she has extra pads on her front and back feet and crooked back legs. I spoke to Cory repeatedly and at length about her. I was told about two weeks ago, and posted here, that Bethel had been checked to make sur all internal organs were in place and functioning and passed that check. I also heard, and posted, that one vet said her legs would get worse and another said that they would strengthen and be sufficient to support her. Cory kept telling me that they were setting up a fund to take her to the veterinary school so they could assess if she would have severe problems later in life. I replied that I could do that here and that there was a veterinary speciality center only 5 miles from my home.

From the way Cory talked about her, she seemed very attached to her and wanted the best for Bethel. She told me that Bethel was so named because it meant "house of God", that she would personally bring Bethel to her future home. I repeatedly told them they could check with my vet as a reference even before they sent me the adoption papers. I tried so hard and repeatedly to get them to take me seriously and was told as often that the papers were on the way.

I fear that a vet decided that Bethel's legs would get worse and they decided it would be best to euthanize her. If they did, I hope it was because she was already getting distressed because I was perfectly prepared to take Bethel for as long as she had a good life and told them so. I've done this before with leukemia positive kittens and know how to give a good life for however brief a period.

Instead of sitting her crying over my computer keyboard, I'm going to call Cory now, even though I'll be very late for work - again!

kimlovescats
09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Lizzie .... you would have given her a wonderful home, we all know it! Something is fishy here, and I hope we find out what it is!!!! MAYBE Cory decided to adopt Bethel herself! I hope and pray that's all it is!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

Lizzie
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Well, I finally found time to call from work and found out the best kind of news. They removed Bethel from the adoption site because they believed she was coming to me (I don't know why the papers were never sent, but we'll skip that). Cory said she would fax them to me right away. Fortunately, we kept talking about Bethel with Cory mentioning how well she is doing in her foster home. I asked if her foster mom would be sorry to lose her and was told she'd fallen in love with Bethel and really wanted to keep her if anything fell through with me. So, I told her that I thought Bethel was better off in a home she already knew with the person she'd already bonded with, and I really do believe that. I asked that Carey, her foster mom, call me this afternoon and I'll update you when that happens.

I am sad not to take her, but not as sad as Carey and Bethel would be at being separated.

kimlovescats
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
That's great! I'm so relieved that little Miss Bethel is still safe!!! :D

catlover4ever
09-01-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm so glad to hear that she is safe.

jenluckenbach
09-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Bethel WILL be so happy that her "foster" home is now her REAL home. :D