PDA

View Full Version : A cat and an electric toothbrush? O_O

Sevaede
08-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Back in the winter, Troy decided to spring and get us some electric toothbrushes (to see what they were like). We got some new, regular, ones a couple of months ago as our niece had grabbed the electric ones by the bristles. They've been moved from room to room throughout the house for some time now.

So, I am holding Soni on his back in my lap. I was fiddling with the electric tooth brush and started brushing him with it. He liked having it on his pads and he absolutely adored having the tops of his feet brushed AND massaged! :D He was so relaxed that he just sat there and finally I had to stop on my own. :p I WAS going to throw them away but I guess I won't.

Nope, no (accidentally! :p) spoiled kitties here.

G535
08-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Electric cat brushes? What next! :)

You might just have a winner there if you decide to manufacture them.

catfamily
08-15-2006, 04:08 AM
That's GREAT that your taking care of their teeth.Cats teeth really need to be taken care of.I had Rosco,Colby and Tucker's teeth cleaned by the vet the other day.And Penny's was done a couple weeks ago.They needed it.I have such a hard time doing it myself.I'd love to try the electric one :)

Miss Z
08-15-2006, 05:05 AM
That is a brilliant idea for a very spoilt cat!:D Be careful though, next time his electric massage is due, he might want a mud bath, aromatherapy treatment and a manual massage! :eek: :p

Sevaede
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, indeed everyone! :D

Soni already knows he's the king of pretty much everything. He "meehhh"s, walks away, and I follow. He alerts me at about 4 AM if his bowl is not full.

He expressed his dissatisfaction of his now having to take Petromalt by relieving himself in stinky ways on my in laws bed. :p I told him too bad. He had a really bad hairball the other night and we went the next day to get him something.

He gives love bites, kneads, and cuddles.

Funny story from today. :p Soni and Spanky (Chihuahua baby) were eating out of the same bowl, at the same time, together. They were in tune with each other, taking bites at the same time! It's a good thing that Soni and Isis are so laid back. :D

Killearn Kitties
08-16-2006, 02:14 AM
This is an excellent use for an electric toothbrush! I never use mine either. I don't think my girls would take too kindly to it though. They don't like batter-operated toys that move by themselves, so I don't know what they would make of a vibrating toothbrush!

Sonia59
08-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Funny! I also don't think mine would like it. I have one that I use but the kitties don't like the noise so much.

Beauty17
08-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Oh, wow, that is amazing - especially that Soni likes to be massaged on his paws! My cats hate having their paws touched, and Indigo turns into a regular serpent sometimes if you insist on touching her oh-so-inviting perfect white little feet. (Who can resist *all* of the time?) I don't have any electric toothbrushes, and I am sure that Indigo would object, but I wonder if Beauty would like one? (I am crazy. I am actually considering buying a toothbrush to massage a cat. Help!)

catmandu
08-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Thats something I can see The Found Cats enjoying, but one never knows, does one.

Sevaede
08-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Soni told me to tell all the parents that he,"loves it so maybe your kitty will love it. Meowmie had to take it slow the first time but now I can REALLY get cozy!"

momcat
08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
What a great idea! How did you ever come up with that? Somehow I don't think Groucho would stand for that, he runs away just as soon as I start using my electric toothbrush.

Sevaede
08-17-2006, 03:06 PM
What a great idea! How did you ever come up with that? Somehow I don't think Groucho would stand for that, he runs away just as soon as I start using my electric toothbrush.

Heh, thank you! :D

Soni was sitting in my lap and I was just fiddling around with the toothbrush. I turned it on and he leaned over to sniff it. Then, I just started brushing/touching him with it on his paws and stomach and he just relaxed. It was pretty funny! :D

Aww, Groucho, your meowmie just wants to make sure you're cozy!

rg_girlca
08-17-2006, 09:40 PM
WOW!!! Who would have ever thought that an electric toothbrush would bring so much joy to a cat. :) Soni must be a very laid back cat for you to be able to touch his paws like that. I can't even pet my guys paws without them pulling them away.

dionne
08-18-2006, 12:14 AM
heh, i'll have to try that. my battery is slowly dying in my toothbrush lol, so its not too loud....kinda sounds like a content bumblebee. :D

Sevaede
08-18-2006, 12:21 AM
WOW!!! Who would have ever thought that an electric toothbrush would bring so much joy to a cat. :) Soni must be a very laid back cat for you to be able to touch his paws like that. I can't even pet my guys paws without them pulling them away.

Heh, I know! He doesn't like anything else that makes that sort of noise (razor, blow dryer, etc) so that shocked me.

He *is* pretty laid back! :D He's always been like this even though he was a stray. Soni *used* to let his meowmie rub his belly but he's since become more serious with her and doesn't allow her to be as free as his dad is. :p