PDA

View Full Version : Please pray

Andie
08-14-2006, 08:23 PM
We were in an accident Friday no one was hurt (or so we thought). Me and Dustin had a few bruises from the seat belt, Isis was in her carrier so she was fine just a little shook up, Bull was of course trying to love on everyone. Bull was having some trouble walking over the weekend but I just thought it was stiffness and soreness from the wreck. Well this morning he couldn't lift his rear end and after going to the vet to be x-rayed, we found out that his spine was swollen and he had some fractured vertibrate. He started the surgery tonight to relieve the pressure and he called about 6 o'clock to tell us that his spine did not look good. He said it looked like mush and could move higher in his spine and stop his lungs. I had to come to the desicion that every pet owner dreads. I told him I would be right there for my final goodbyes, "just keep him going til we get there". (It's a 15-20 minute drive) When we (Me, Dustin, my brother -in- law, and his wife) got there we were taken to the back and the doc said that "he dug around somemore while waiting on us and the mush that he had originally thought was mush was dead fat and the cord underneth was "not the greatest" but he could work with it. The vet gives him a 25% chance of wlking again but he's not sure how much pain he would be in (that was my main concern). He is going to finish the surgery and stabalize his back then wake him up to judge his pain and we will go from there.

I need some of Pettalk's famous magic and prayers.

P.S. Please overlook any spelling errors, I'm just not thinking straight. :o

Jadapit
08-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Omg, how awful! I'm so sorry. You and Bull will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))) Please keep us posted on him.

Dorothy39
08-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I will pray for your family , and for Bull!!

While reading your thread, I felt your torment!!!

Lean on us!!!! Prayers and Hugs to you and yours!!

elizabethann
08-14-2006, 08:29 PM
OMG. I'm so sorry. I am sending good thoughts Bull's way. Please keep us updated. Take care.

Roxyluvsme13
08-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry :(. ((((HUGS)))) and prayers to you and your beloved Bull.

Riptide
08-14-2006, 08:36 PM
How terrible, I'm so sorry! Sending prayers your way.

shais_mom
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
prayers on the way for you and Bull

IRescue452
08-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I'll definately have you in my thoughts tonight. I hope he gets much better.

Karen
08-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Prayers for Bull and all of you! Poor baby!

Corinna
08-14-2006, 09:23 PM
prayers from Montana and the groof troop

MajesticCollies
08-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Its so sad to hear things like that. Our prayers from Majestic Collies are with you.

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi God ~

Need sum Help for Bull, please.
Thanks fur gettin ebberbuddy else through da wreck OK ...
Let's see iffin we can get Bull feelin better, too.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

pnance
08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Prayers on the way..

lv4dogs
08-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Oh how terrible. I am so sorry. Yous will most ceertainly be in my thoughts & prayers.
Did the vet mention if he thought the injury was new (possibly caused from the accident) or not?

Pawsitive Thinking
08-15-2006, 08:52 AM
We're with you all the way

pitc9
08-15-2006, 08:59 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Andie
08-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Last we heard he came out of surgery ok and was doing good.

I called this morning and the receptionist said that Bull was doing good and we could visit him if we liked. The vet would call us when he got a break to give us the full update. I didn't sleep very well and spent most of the night praying Bull would just make it through the night. Thank God (and Pettalk) he did so now I'm a little more relaxed (though still on edge). Bull's a fighter so I feel better about his chances now then I did last night.

Thank you all for your prayers. I'll keep you updated the best I can while trying to get my little family back to Columbia.

JenBKR
08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Lots more prayers coming from me!

Logan
08-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry I didn't see this before. I will definitely keep Bull in my prayers.

Logan

Andie
08-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Got the call from the Vet. Bull is doing GREAT, he's kept water and food down and he was sitting up. He has some deep pain/feeling in his hind legs but he can't move them (yet) so we don't know how if the spinal cord is going to heal completely or not. I still have him though and that's all that matters.

Mom called and said she went by and saw Bull. He raised his head and wagged his tail. I can't wait to get up there and see him myself though.

Jadapit
08-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm so happy for the both of you! Please give that boy a hug for me when you see him. Does he have that pittie tail that wags like a bull whip? ;)

Andie
08-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm so happy for the both of you! Please give that boy a hug for me when you see him. Does he have that pittie tail that wags like a bull whip? ;)

I'll do that! I'm sure he was happy enough to see someone he knew to have the bull whip tail.

Andie
08-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Just got back from seeing Bull Boy and he was more alert than I expected. I fed him some wet food that the vet gave me and loved on him for a little bit. I'm just ready to get him (and the rest of us) home so I can consentrate on getting him better. Hopefully we can bring him home tomorrow night if there isn't any problems tonight.

sabies
08-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Glad to hear everything seems to be going well. Feel better soon Bull! Good thoughts heading your way.

Ginger's Mom
08-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Haven't had a chance to respond, but I am lad to hear that things are going so well. I will keep the good thoughts going.

Alysser
08-15-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm glad Bull is doing better. Is he going to be able to walk agian?

anna_66
08-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much so I didn't see this thread till now:o

Glad to hear the accident wasn't any worse than it was. I just hope after this surgery that Bull will pull through and be the same happy boy he always was.

Lots of hugs and prayers headed your and Bull's way.

Sudilar
08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear that Bull was doing well. Continued prayers on their way.

Andie
08-16-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm glad Bull is doing better. Is he going to be able to walk agian?

We won't know for a couple weeks.