PDA

View Full Version : Bethel needs home soon or will be put down just because of her special needs

doolittleky
08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
This breaks my heart that anyone would consider putting down a kitten just because they have special needs

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6764054

Lizzie
08-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Gracious, it's Sophie's choice but between three babies. Should I apply to adopt Bethel, or the deaf white kitten, or Cameo? I can't go above 19 - does anyone on PT have more than 19?

doolittleky
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Lizzie,
I am banning you from looking at my posts! LOL Just kidding! I don't know which you should choose. I guess then one that needs you the most. But don't feel like you have to. I am not putting them there to make you feel you have to.
Melissa

catmandu
08-14-2006, 04:54 PM
AWWWW!
Goodness Bethel looks like a little Teddy Bear.
I bet that shes a wonderful Little Kitten who will make someone a Great Cat.
I hope that Bethel can find someone to love her.

QueenScoopalot
08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I would think it would work in the kittens favor that it's her hind legs affected, and not her front. www.messybeast.com has excellent info on all types of birth defects in cats, and her condition most likely has a name. If she is capable of getting into a shallow litterpan, and her internal organs aren't in odd places, I highly doubt she'd be any more work than a normal cat (if there such a thing?) Special needs kittens adapt very quickly to whatever is going on with limbs, or any other malformed body part, and learn what they can and cannot do in no time. I'd hate to see that little peach puff put down if in the right home she can live a long and happy life.

critters
08-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Aww, she's too cute!! She'd be fine if somebody took her, with or without a wheelchair (some kitties are too independent for wheels. Go figure!! ROFL)

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I just talked to the manager of the shelter which posted Bethel and she is faxing me the adoption papers now. They have some free airline tickets and will use one for the manager to fly Bethel to me.

AND, when I told her about the white kitten that is so very sick in the Illinois shelter, she said she would call them and do what she could to help, using their "angel funds" - huge relief to me, and now I'm crying again because there might be hope for that kitten also.

critters
08-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I just talked to the manager of the shelter which posted Bethel and she is faxing me the adoption papers now. They have some free airline tickets and will use one for the manager to fly Bethel to me.

AND, when I told her about the white kitten that is so very sick in the Illinois shelter, she said she would call them and do what she could to help, using their "angel funds" - huge relief to me, and now I'm crying again because there might be hope for that kitten also.Aw, how GREAT!! I'll start notifying people she's safe.

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
LIZZIE, ARE A SAINT AMOUNG KITTENS! I HOPE WE CAN HELP THESE KITTENS OUT BY ME.