What a CUTIE PIE!

~ Aki :D

catmandu
08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
I wish I could take in Beans too.
How cute is he?

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-14-2006, 05:04 PM
He is so adorable! I would take him in a heartbeat! :)

QueenScoopalot
08-14-2006, 08:26 PM
MELISSA !!!! You're killing me with all these special M*A*S*H Unit kitties you've been posting! Beans is like my Kirby (aka Kirbstone). I rescued him from getting the needle some years back. He has radial aplasia (absence of bones in the forearm)....a birth defect. Beans is a cutie! He'd look purrfect lounging on my bed with Kirby...but I have more than enough *sigh*

doolittleky
08-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Sorry about that! LOL I am killing myself too! And Lizzie too! LOL I don't mean to but thought it might help posting them here and maybe people would see them and either adopt or post them somewhere else etc.
Melissa

Lizzie
08-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Aha! You are here are you? I just wrote a pm to Queen S. telling her that I was glad you were killing someone else besides me. As I told her, I've spent nearly half-an-hour now clicking between Beans, Cameo, Bethel and the white kitten trying to decide which one and knowing it should be none. The white kitten would be easiest since I'm used to deaf cats and there will be no extra vet costs. Cameo and especially Bethel could be very expensive to care for, a most unfortunate issue but one that has to be faced. Beans looks so adorable that I'd feel self-indulgent by adopting him. Round and round I go.

doolittleky
08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
well, I jsut took another look at them too. I am really worried about the deaf kitten because he seems to be in the most danger and have the least amount of time. He reminds me of caspurr my deaf kitten i adopted from utah and that the truckers brought to me. I also adopted one of his sisters, they killed the other one before they knew i wanted them all. I couldn't take one and know the sisters were there going to die. i mistakely looked on their website at the others trying to find an email addy to ask how much time he had left and i saw all the other 8 wk old kittens that probably will be killed too. Their adoption fee is very cheap but then you have to get shots etc. Gosh if I could I would adopt them all out jsut to keep them from getting killed and then find them homes.
melissa

Lizzie
08-14-2006, 09:09 PM
You are putting us through the wringer today, yourself included. I just went to the shelter website and looked at all the other kittens. Some of them don't even have a gender listed and no name. Those grey ones are extremely pretty but I worry about the tiny black one, he/she's barely got a hope.

So, why am I looking at adopting a special needs cat when so very, very many regular cats need homes urgently also? It's a question that has been hammering at my mind all day.

doolittleky
08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
because MOST people want purrfect kittens with no problems. They don't want to deal with"special needs'. The only problem is that there are so so many heathly cats and kittens that need homes too that there just isn't enough people. I don't know what to tell you. I have a very hard time with the saying "you can't save them all". I don't know what the answer is. It breaks my heart to know so many are being killed because there is no one that will love them.
Melissa

QueenScoopalot
08-15-2006, 08:18 AM
So, why am I looking at adopting a special needs cat when so very, very many regular cats need homes urgently also? It's a question that has been hammering at my mind all day.
The shelter I got Kirby from (now closed) asked me that very same question! Kirby & his littermates were in the 'backroom' waiting for the vet (also my vet) to come and look at the kittens. I wasn't supposed to see them, but I did and told them I wanted Kirby & his sister who was all white with a grey cap on her head, and equally malformed. Dr. Dunn heard that I was wanting them, and put in a good word for me, and OKd Kirby healthwise, but not his sister. :( Kirby is one of the healthiest boys...if only his sister was given a chance. Melissa's right that there are too many healthy kitties without homes, and that's why I only keep (if I have to) special needs rescues many off the streets. They deserve a chance too.

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 10:39 AM
I left a message for the haven to call me. This guy really appeals to me. My only concern would be how he would cope with the kittens.

moosmom
08-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Lizzie,

The cat has no idea he's "different". As long as you gradually introduce them so that he's not overwhelmed, I think it'll go fine. That is unless he needs to be an only cat. But remember, patience, love and space.

Thank you so much for saving this baby's life!!

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
I WISH I COULD TAKE HIM...BUT HOW WOULD I GET HIM HERE? HE IS SO ADORABLE. ALL HE NEEDS IS LOVE AND A CARING OWNER. HE WOULD SO BE PERFECT FOR US. I WAS BORN WITH A BIRTH DEFECT...WE RELATE. I WISH I COULD HELP. GOD BLESS LITTLE BEANS.

GreyhoundGirl
08-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Awwwwwww ! Such an amazing BABY !!!! :D If I got a cat this would be the "one" ( I can't get a cat , though :( Jen would tear it's head off :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Kirsten
08-15-2006, 11:03 AM
He's so cute!!! And isn't it amazing how well he is coping with this birth defect?! He seems to be a real sweetheart! :)

Kirsten

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Lizzie,

The cat has no idea he's "different". As long as you gradually introduce them so that he's not overwhelmed, I think it'll go fine. That is unless he needs to be an only cat. But remember, patience, love and space.

Thank you so much for saving this baby's life!!

I'm thinking more of them knocking him over. Ashley staggers and falls a lot when she walks but when she gets moving she can bowl over her brothers, and they are very lively also. If he only moves around by standing up on his back legs, he's going to be knocked flying when they chase each other. I'm only thinking of him. I want him, but I have to provide the right home for him.

And, Reachoutrescue, I will use the trucker network to get Beans to me (if they approve my having him, etc.).

jenluckenbach
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Lizzie, was this the thread you were searching for?

Lizzie
08-31-2006, 07:45 PM
No, it's the one that says "Beans and Bethel to me". I've just updated it. Thanks for trying.