PDA

View Full Version : blue eyed white kitten needs help at animal control needs home asap

doolittleky
08-14-2006, 04:27 PM
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6824787

the holding period is 7 days for babies here. Please if anyone can help do it now.
Melissa

catmandu
08-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Thers nothing sadder tahn a Little Kitten or Cat in a cage, begging for a chance.
We are praying that someone sees this little Face, and takes her home.

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 12:13 PM
I called the shelter about the white deaf kitten and the news is very bad. She is very, very skinny, was covered in fleas, probably has worms (which hasn't been treated), and has started coughing. They have no isolation area for cats at the shelter. I asked if they would take her to the vet, which I would pay for, and the vet keep her while she is treated. I was told, much to my utter shock, that the two vets they have do not board. I asked what happened when cats were too sick to go home and needed extended treatment, and she said they were euthanized. The shelter does not have foster homes for cats. The shelter can't give her the antibiotics she needs but they will take her to the vet for a visit & treatment if I paid for it (fine).

Is there anyone in Illinois who can help me with this kitten? The shelter is in Olney, Richland County. This is now very, very urgent. I need a foster home where she can be in isolation while treated.

This is where the internet can make a fantastic difference. Please connect with anyone you think can help.

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
I called the shelter about the white deaf kitten and the news is very bad. She is very, very skinny, was covered in fleas, probably has worms (which hasn't been treated), and has started coughing. They have no isolation area for cats at the shelter. I asked if they would take her to the vet, which I would pay for, and the vet keep her while she is treated. I was told, much to my utter shock, that the two vets they have do not board. I asked what happened when cats were too sick to go home and needed extended treatment, and she said they were euthanized. The shelter does not have foster homes for cats. The shelter can't give her the antibiotics she needs but they will take her to the vet for a visit & treatment if I paid for it (fine).

Is there anyone in Illinois who can help me with this kitten? The shelter is in Olney, Richland County. This is now very, very urgent. I need a foster home where she can be in isolation while treated.

This is where the internet can make a fantastic difference. Please connect with anyone you think can help.

I AM WILLING TO HELP WITH THIS KITTEN. I EVEN SENT THE SHELTER AN EMAIL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO. I AM IN HOMETOWN, ILLINOIS. THANKS.

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 12:51 PM
That's wonderful, Tracey, thank you. If you look at my post on the Bethel thread, you will see that Bethel's shelter in Tennessee is also going to contact the Illinois shelter and offer help. Considering their circumstances, the more help they get, the better. If you go to the shelter's page on cats needing homes, they have some wonderful kittens that probably only have a few more days to live. There are two georgous grey ones that would be snapped up in the right shelter.

Anikaca77
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Please keep us updated on what happens to this kitten, I would love to take her but I have my hands fulls with strays.

I'll say a little pray for her.

Melissa

doolittleky
08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh My God, I knew there was a reason why i was sooo wooried about the little white girl! Thanks so much Lizzie for calling about them! You are the best! We need more people like you in this world.

The adoption fee is very cheap for the shelter. If someone who fosters could get them out before they are killed and find them home that would be wonderful!

Melissa

doolittleky
08-15-2006, 03:44 PM
This is a message I received from Lizzie. these kittens needs help NOW if not they will be killed jsut like caspurr and Purrl's sister was. Please someone go get these babies now.Situation dire in white kitten shelter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with the shelter in Illinois which has the white kitten. She has been to the vet and received worming and flea treatment. The vet said she didn't need antibiotics.

She will be euthanized if the shelter has to take in any more cats, and that is going to happen by sometime tomorrow. The fabulous grey kittens, who have been there the longest apparently, will be euthanized tomorrow also.

In order to rescue these kittens, someone has to physically collect them tomorrow. The shelter has no foster resources and no other place to put them. They are open 8am-3pm, Tuesday-Friday, and there is only one full-time person working there.

Tracy - can you do it? I know it's asking an awful lot of you, but it is their very last chance at life. We'll post a virtual collection can on PetTalk, I can send something. I'll pay the adoption fees for the white kitten and the two grey ones.

Hoping for the best. Thank you for any help.

doolittleky
08-15-2006, 04:31 PM
bump

Please someone help There is a home for these three kittens and a chance to save their lives. They jsut need to be pulled in person!

jazzcat
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
I really hope someone can help. This is breaking my heart. :(

Catty1
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I PM'd tracy....I have some funds I can donate if it will cover her gas costs...

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I've already found someone at work who wants the white kitten, and I know the two grey ones would be adopted from me in a very short time. Problem is, we still might not get them out in time. Reachoutrescue is willing to go the shelter, but she's at work tomorrow and the shelter closes at 3pm. The shelter manager was adamant that she had nowhere to put kittens temporarily even when they were paid for and adopted. I really don't know what is going to happen. So many of us have our arms out for these kittens but the style of the shelter is against us - though I know the manager would be thrilled if she could spend one day not euthanizing kittens. If anyone looked on the shelter site to see the other cats available, the very young white female (an absolute beauty) who was there yesterday was euthanzed last night. I was thinking of taking her as well as the white kitten, but I was too late by half a day.

doolittleky
08-15-2006, 05:46 PM
I can't understand why the shelter manager can't keep the kittens a day when you have them adopted and paid for and we have someone who can pick them up. Can't she combine the kittens into cages to leave room for the ones who come in? Seems to me she just isn't cooperating and it is easier just to kill them. Why does she even bother listing them on petfinder if she isn't willing to be flexible when people want them? This is making me very upset.
melissa

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 05:59 PM
She does combine them, Melissa. She only has 7 large cages and they get full very quickly. I'm more upset with the attitude of the people who use the shelter. They don't neuter or spay and then call the shelter to trap all the nuisance cats. Since they don't neuter or spay, they don't adopt either. Considering the work she is forced to do, it's good for her sanity that she remains level headed. When I asked her if they used the needle for euthanasia and not gas, she said she couldn't cope with using gas and she was horrrifed that it was used in shelters.

doolittleky
08-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Maybe she could save more if she had moer cages. I don't know. I am just so frustrated. Here at least one of them has a home and you willing to take the grya ones and tracy willling to foster the other five and the lady can't keep them one more day until they can be picked up.
melissa

Catty1
08-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Can the manager get another cage? OMG...I just feel sick...even if I got in my car, I would never get there in time!

I'll pay Tracey for her day off work, if she takes it...

I hate this...so helpless...

TRY THIS: Google radio stations in (whatever town and state it is) and CALL them!

That's all I can think of...

:(

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 07:12 PM
If she put in another cage, she'd have to put it outside and I doubt if the county would allow her to do that. From the sound of it, this place is less a shelter for cats than a euthanasia station. The dogs do have a foster network, etc.

Can you contact the radio stations, I wouldn't have a clue how to or what to say. No criticism of the shelter, just that we need someone who can pick up eight kittens that are paid for and keep them for a day because the shelter is overwhelmed.

If I had the money, I'd fly out there myself.

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I FEEL SO BAD. I WISH I WAS ABLE TO GO TOMORROW. BUT I HAVE RESPONSIBILITY HERE AS WELL. I HAVE TO REGISTER MY CHILDREN FOR SCHOOL TOMORROW AND I WORK 3-10. I TRIED GETTING OUT, BUT I CAN'T. I CAN NOT RISK LOSING MY JOB. I CAN GO THURSDAY...I JUST HOPE WE CAN FIGURE SOMETHING OUT FOR TOMORROW. I HATE IGNORANT, STUPID, AND CARELESS OWNERS. TOO ANGRY FOR WORDS. :mad:

Anikaca77
08-15-2006, 10:44 PM
This whole situation is so sad. I hope someone will be able to stop by that shelter and take those kittens, I would but I don't have any money for gas.

I'm going to say a long hard pray for these 3 sweet souls.

Melissa

Anikaca77
08-15-2006, 10:46 PM
How can a shelter take a kitten to the vet and yet not be able to care for it....humans really piss me off....

This is a message I received from Lizzie. these kittens needs help NOW if not they will be killed jsut like caspurr and Purrl's sister was. Please someone go get these babies now.Situation dire in white kitten shelter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with the shelter in Illinois which has the white kitten. She has been to the vet and received worming and flea treatment. The vet said she didn't need antibiotics.

She will be euthanized if the shelter has to take in any more cats, and that is going to happen by sometime tomorrow. The fabulous grey kittens, who have been there the longest apparently, will be euthanized tomorrow also.

In order to rescue these kittens, someone has to physically collect them tomorrow. The shelter has no foster resources and no other place to put them. They are open 8am-3pm, Tuesday-Friday, and there is only one full-time person working there.

Tracy - can you do it? I know it's asking an awful lot of you, but it is their very last chance at life. We'll post a virtual collection can on PetTalk, I can send something. I'll pay the adoption fees for the white kitten and the two grey ones.

Hoping for the best. Thank you for any help.

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Anikaca77 -

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Anikaca77
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm located in State College, PA

I wish I could help...but I'm so poor and I'm trying to support a colony of kittens...i just hope something comes ups soon

Anikaca77 -

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Lizzie
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Melissa - people here will gladly give you gas money, but Pennsylvania to Illinois is a long drive.

Edited to add that they'd probably give you lunch and dinner money also.

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 11:02 PM
WISH COULD HELP TOO!! LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR THESE BABIES.

Reachoutrescue
08-15-2006, 11:34 PM
ONE DAY, JUST GIVE ME ONE DAY. PLEASE, EVERYBODY PRAY FOR THESE EIGHT BABIES. THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO DIE. :confused: