PDA

View Full Version : Who is YOUR favorite pizza place.

moosmom
08-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I mean, THE best place you have ever been to. Describe the atmosphere and the pizza, which one you like best and why.

Mine is Pepe's Pizza on Wooster Street in New Haven. Their pies are to DIE for!!! The atmosphere is come as you are. I call it in and bring it home rather than wait in a long line. I just had a broccoli, mushroom and bacon pizza. Their white clam pizza is the talk of the town. Ah...*pats belly* Now I can take a nap! ;):p

cyber-sibes
08-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Their white clam pizza is the talk of the town. ;):pDonna, my mouth is watering! Here in the midwest we have no such exotic combos. but the BEST pizza around is Fort Ball Pizza in Tiffin OH. Fabulous crust (I like thick chewy crust!), good sauce, plenty of everything and tons of cheese! There are two in the chain, but we pick up one "to go" every Friday night. - deluxe vegetarian plus pepperoni! Fort Ball has won the local "best pizza awards" for years. The "big" restaurant is family-style with a terrific salad/pizza/spaghetti bar.

The_Duck
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
The best pizza place ever? That's an easy question to answer.... HOME! My dad is the king of pizza making. The atmosphere is chaotic, but it's home and I love it. No waiting for the other people to be served. Just bat your lashes, ask for what you want, and it materializes. I'm the only one in my family who doesn't like mushrooms, and he usually makes a whole other pizza without mushrooms, just for me. :D Double cheese, double pepperoni, ham, lil'smokies, home made crust.... anything. It's the bomb.

LOVE YOU DAD! :p

lizbud
08-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh wow, my mouth is watering right now. :D The best pizza in Indy IMO
is a small carry out place on the south side called Maria's Pizza. They have
been around since I was a teenager & their pizza is excellent.My favorite
was always pepperoni, green peppers, sausage & extra cheese. :D

RedHedd
08-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Mine's not a who, it's a what - California Pizza Oven, just a half a block up from my apartment. They pile everything on their California Pizza special - I like LOTS of meat, sauce and cheese - it's to LIVE for!

IRescue452
08-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Butch's Pizza place. They are a very fast-paced place. They sell a menu of other foods. The pizza I get is super thin crust with their own sauce and cheese all the way to the edge. They cut it in squares. Plain cheese for me, or the occasional chicken and pineapple.

jazzcat
08-14-2006, 05:53 PM
My all time favorite is Pizzeria Uno in Chicago (with Gino's East a close second). As for locally I love Gondolier Pizza, in fact I just went there last night.

Lady's Human
08-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Aiellos. It's a local restaurant about 3 miles from our house. It is owned by two sicilian brothers who's dad bought it for them. The Pizza is excellent, the second you walk into the restaurant you can smell garlic, tomatoes, and it has a small family atmosphere.

Kfamr
08-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I usually only have pizza delivered so I cannot explain the atmosphere. My favorite is Jet's Pizza, though!

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Tough call...I love all pizza!!

A few favorites, Uno's for a national chain, in Cinncinnati, La Rosa's, in Toledo, Gino's, and in Findlay, the Rockin U.

chrissycat21
08-14-2006, 08:11 PM
There are a bunch of great pizza places around my house, but my favorite would have to be Lou Malnati's. Their dip dish cheese pizza is sooo good!

Lillycat
08-14-2006, 10:30 PM
but i dearly love deweys "white" pizzas........ummmmmmm

Sevaede
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
When I was a small child and living in good ol' (*Sarcasm*) Pendleton, Oregon, the now-DMV was once a pizza place named Godfathers. It had a nice, warm, atmosphere. It was kid friendly with their game room. They had the best sweet pizza! Sort of like a cinnamon sugar glazed pizza. :D

luvofallhorses
08-14-2006, 11:34 PM
pizza hut hands down! they have the best pepperoni pizza ever! and they have the best salad bar. :)

The_Duck
08-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Oooo, Pizza Hut! That would be my hands down pick for a resturant, though I prefer my dads pizza any day of the week. I LOVE a good cheeselovers with pepperoni and stuffed crust.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Gosh, that's a tough pick! When we lived in Waterloo, IA, the best pizza was at Davinci's but it was carry out/delivery only. You could get any size with anything on your pizza for $9.99- and it was great pizza!
In Iowa City I think the best pizza in town is at Bob's Your Uncle. Yum!!
In Denver we've only eaten at one pizza place, which was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. They had very good garlic breadsticks though. I think it's called New York pizza or something.

RICHARD
08-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Pack all your choices up..

The best place was a small chain, no longer in business, Mike's Pizza.

The original place had the window with the dough tossers working in it...

If you lost all your senses you knew it was a pizza joint. The smell was like a
shovel to your head-without the unpleasant 'sleeping with the fishes' afterparty. :rolleyes: ;) sawdust on the floor, beer on tap and cheap Italian wine!!

AMORE!

Thin crust and anything you wanted on the sucker....None of that pineapple/spinach/tofu here......

The pizza came on a pizza dish covered with paper that soaked up the olive oil, the rest of it would run down your forearms...
You have to make sure you brought a newspaper with you, box up the left overs, place it in the back seat of your car, without the newspaper under it, and the hottest summer days would make that stain remind you of the day!

The BEST antipasto salad on the planed and the garlic bread was the deal breaker.....

After your date no amount of CERTS or those peppermint candy got the garlic out of your tastebuds...and the belches on the way home guaranteed a handshake on the doorstep.....

God I miss that place. :D

Giselle
08-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Zachary's so far, but I haven't tasted my share of mind-blowing pizzas ;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
My pizza is almost always delivery. My favorite is Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza. I have had it with lot's of different toppings. My favorite is definately pepperoni and cheese though. :)

DJFyrewolf36
08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
My favorite was a place called Nicks, they specialized in Greek pizzas, which for some darn reason taste so much better than anything else. No other place has been able to emulate the flavor even remotely. They also had a Pole position arcade machine...(one of my favorite games) Sigh...I miss that place...

zanyshihtzu
08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
It has to Marcos pizza . Its just better than alot of the other big chain pizza places . And if you hadn't heard of them yet they are working on being nation wide. The people thier are really nice and the service is always fast. And of course the pizza is great my fav the chicken club pizza. :)

managemysite
08-17-2006, 09:05 PM
for a new franchise, I love vocelli's they have the tiny, crispy pepperoni